Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Captain Earth

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Captain Earth

Captain Earth
    Genre: Mecha
    Production: Bones
    Director: Igarashi Takuya
    Script, Series Composition: Enokido Yoji
    Starring: Irino Miyu, Kamiya Hiroshi, Kayano Ai, Hidaka Rina

One night right before summer vacation, Daichi Manatsu, a second-year in high school, sees a weird round rainbow floating in the sky above Seed Island (Shuushi/Tane Island) and ventures there alone. He has seen this rainbow before. With the memories of his father's mysterious death and an encounter of a mysterious boy and girl, Daiji arrives on the island while the alarm of a building labeled "Earth Engine" is going off. Someone asks him "Are you a captain?" just as robotic intruders from Uranus called "Kiltgang" arrive. The battle around the shining stars is about to begin.

An Anime Original Story by the Writer and Director of Star Driver.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Captain Earth

A pretty good 1st episode in my opinion. Sure, it was a little generic in some ways (main character stumbles his way into a mecha/battle situation) but I feel like a lot of things were set up and a lot of questions were asked that we will hopefully find answers to as the series goes on. Seeing as this is a 25 episode anime, I'm excited to see how the story will unfold. In a way, I see both elements of Stardriver and Eureka Seven in this and that's a good thing. Also, witnessing the juxtaposition of Daichi's past and his present situation allowed this episode to flow nicely.

With BONES behind this, the animation is spectacular and I can already see they have a pretty decent budget for this.

The OST was also really REALLY nice.

This is probably my most anticipated show of the season and the first episode didn't let me down.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of Shakespeare references. Globe, Macbeth Revolution, and Puck. I wonder if there is any deeper meaning to naming the oracle after Puck, the mischievous trickster?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I just realized that I still didn't give a comment about this show; my bad, because this one really deserves a watching.
    The first two episode were good and Hana for some reason reminds me of Nadia from The secret of the blue water.
    I'll look forward to the next episode.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad more people are watching this. I don't want to be the only one. XD

I noticed the Shakespeare references also, and I'm curious about Puck. Anyway, I'm mostly curious as to how Daichi was able to summon the Livlaster to his hand. Teppei and Hana, I think, have some link to the Earth Driver and Earth Engine.

So far, what I understand is that there's an alien race--the Kiltgang heading to Earth. And to combat them, Globe, a global peacekeeping/protection agency, designed the Earth Engine, inside the Earth Driver (the mecha), and to operate it, someone needs to the use a Livlaster. Apparently Livlasters can only be used by certain people (Daichi being one of them, Hana and Teppei maybe?). And then there are factions and Salty Dog which will be explored later, hopefully (I'm interested in Salty Dog, Ark faction, and Intercept faction). This is my understanding of it so far, anyway.

We know Daichi has been on Tanegashima island when he was younger, and I think his past and experiences there will be revealed later.

It's a lot of complicated information so far and I'm a little confused, but I keep reminding myself that this is a 2-cour series, and that's plenty of time to tell a story.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The scientist, Westvillage, believes that Livlaster are not really guns, but"extra-dimensional" life forms in the shape of a gun. He believes that the Livlaster chose Daichi, and made him fire the gun, in order to activate the Earth Engine. Based on that, I think Daichi called for the gun, and it came to him in response. As an "extra dimensional" life form, I guess walls and security measures wouldn't really be very useful. Maybe it could move through different "dimensions", circumnavigating boundaries in 4D space. Or, something to that effect.

It does seem like humans have to be compatible before using Livlaster. Teppei and Hana seem to be experimental subjects, attempts to create compatible Livlaster users. It's a little too early to say, but that seems like the direction this is headed. I kind of have the feeling Globe did not develop the Earth Driver, Earth Engine, or Livlaster. My guess is that the Earth Engine and Driver came first, then Globe was created to use them to fight Kiltgang.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I watch but it, the second episode, was hard for me to really actually get into the universe. I would rather the story be more serious with a lead battling the emotional problems that mecha pilots do and friends to support him. As its now its way too light hearted, with antagonists that seem to be more of the weaker developed baddies who feel on the edge of being bad for the sake of being bad, and not just having high minded philosophical gray area ideas that mecha writers love to have.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I'm really enjoying the four main characters. It was fun watching them interact with each other and their differing personalities, and RIP to Daichi's restraint. Akari's official entrance was pretty entertaining--her background is interesting and explains how she's good at hacking and all that stuff.

I didn't expect Teppei to do that neat maneuver at the end there. Either he and Hana are infused with Kiltgang genes or they have their technology or something else completely. But man, Teppei is pretty badass although quite melancholy. Hana's song is beautiful.

I feel like 3 episodes in, although there was a lot thrown at us, things are starting to come together and setting up for what I hope to be an exciting ride.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry Daichi, everyone's restraint would have disappeared after seeing a beautiful girl like Hana naked. XD
    Anyway I too am liking the interactions between the characters, especially those between Akari and her father. LOL
    As for the rest, It seems like there are some guys who do not want Daichi to pilot the Earth Engine, but I didn't understand if they're with the same guy who talks with that A.I or not.
    In any case it was a really entertaining episode and I really didn't expect Teppei to be a Kiltgang, even though the hints were there.
    Looking forward to watching the next episode.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. Well, the Salty Dog guy is affiliated with the Ark faction, and I read somewhere that they want people to rely on the low-orbit impacters as opposed to the Earth Engine. The Ark Faction wants to control/take Hana, and Daichi is getting in the way of that, so he wanted to get him into space to dispose of him that way--and if they can get rid of the Earth Engine, then he's killed two birds with one stone.

The guy who talks to Puck is still a mystery to me. There is also the Intercept Faction somewhere in there, too.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; April 20, 2014 at 10:08 AM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    Hmm. Well, the Salty Dog guy is affiliated with the Ark faction, and I read somewhere that they want people to rely on the low-orbit impacters as opposed to the Earth Engine. The Ark Faction wants to control/take Hana, and Daichi is getting in the way of that, so he wanted to get him into space to dispose of him that way--and if they can get rid of the Earth Engine, then he's killed two birds with one stone.

The guy who talks to Puck is still a mystery to me. There is also the Intercept Faction somewhere in there, too.
    Oh, thanks, I've almost forgot about that other faction.
    Thank you for clearing out my doubts.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

So far it is turning out to be a series that has potential to deliver. Yet, it does not. It reminds me of K.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Teppei the only one who isn't psycho after getting back his past memories? LOL
    Anyway it wasn't a bad episode, but it seems like Daichi and the others are always late when it comes to find the other design children. XD

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Is Teppei the only one who isn't psycho after getting back his past memories? LOL
    Anyway it wasn't a bad episode, but it seems like Daichi and the others are always late when it comes to find the other design children. XD
    I was hoping to see one or two on the good side. So far, bad guys 2 good guys 0.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    I was hoping to see one or two on the good side. So far, bad guys 2 good guys 0.
    I have the feeling that Teppei will be the only one though. XD
    Still, I do hope that it will happen.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast