Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blade and Soul

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Blade and Soul

Blade and Soul

Episodes: 12
    Aired: Apr 12, 2014 to ?
    Producers: Gonzo
    Genres: Fantasy, Game, Martial Arts

Synopsis
    Alka is an assassin for the Clan of the Sword. She's on a journey to find the woman Jin Valel, who killed her master Hon. Jin is a demon-like woman who controls the Energy of Chaos and kills without feeling - not unlike how Alka has learned to kill in her work as an assassin. On her journey, Alka encounters three strange women, each great warriors in their own right, and grapples with her slain master's wish that she leave the life of an assassin behind.

An anime adaptation of the Korean MMORPG, Blade and Soul.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blade and Soul

Episode 1:

This Anime certainly has a lot of plot. Apart from that it was not a bad first episode. A lot of action and blood, just how I like it. The story is not really deep yet but okay for the first episode. I liked Aruka as a killer so far. Her skills are really cool and so are her weapons.
    It escalated rather quickly at the end... I doubt you can call this a village anymore.
    I was entertained, so I will watch the next episode.

PS: Aruka looked better with long hair...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, let's see....this anime has hot girls (who are skilled fighters), a lot of action, a plot that might become interesting and blood...
    I guess that's the anime for me.
    Really liked the episode, also because the art is really good and so are the OSTs.
    I too prefered Aruka with long hair though.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2:

Not as good as the first episode but some nice fighting scenes. We already knew that this empire wanted her dead so... Meh.
    The dance looked rather bad animation-wise.
    Apparently Hazuki is more than just a pair of big boobs.
    Aruka really isn't a master of words...

I really want to see more fo the black empress though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Zaikuya's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh wait. The anime's based on the famous RPG? I kind of died waiting for the game to be released on Europe and i was quite interested on it. But it was like, never released. Which is a shame, because gameplay, and apparently, plotwise, it had a lot of potential. So if it has anime i might pick it up along with Fuun Ishin Dai☆Shogun since i finished Sekai Seifoku not long ago, finally
    Last edited by Zaikuya; April 10, 2014 at 06:04 PM.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that fight was really good, but I can't say the same about Karen's dance. XD
    In any case it wasn't a bad episode, even though Aruka could talk a bit more when she's questioned about something. LOL
    I wonder what will happen next.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, done watching whats aired til now.

Episode 1 & 2
    After I watched a lot of gameplay from the original game, i can say the environment and landscape kinda looked different in some ways. But no matter. The only thing i'm not convinced about is the Palam Empire using guns, considering that guns are hardly used by any class/NPC/monster out there, as the game is based more on magic/martial arts/sword usage (However I can confirm Jin uses them in game, lol). I expected the villages to survive/be secondary-support characters for Aruka. Seems like it wont happen anymore, lol. Poor them. Maybe Morii will appear somehow in the future to take revenge on, but knife throwing doesnt seem too effective in combat.

As for episode two, well, its made obvious Karen and Jin will play some major role later in the plot. And yeah, Karen felt off. Did Gonzo use in fact 3D for the dance scene? D: I think thats what made it ew for me.

I liked the villain trio from before, then again, after watching them a couple of times appear in a few gameplays. Jin was a total badass, expect Gonzo to keep that for her~ Also, not surprised Aruka aint that talkative, if she's somehow an assassin. It feels weird for a main character, but hey... I guess it can work out xD I'm a little saturated of overcharismatic or retarded main leads. Oh, gotta point that while i prefer her long haired, the short hair was also okay. Reminded me of Riven from League of Legends in some shots, a female character that i like from that game.

Riven > http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...25-d6cza7u.jpg
    http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...ak-d6wycwy.jpg

I dont dig the plot yet, but the show didnt even start D: Lets see whats next on ep. 3.
    Last edited by Zaikuya; April 11, 2014 at 01:51 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 3:

Aruka should stay away from allies... They always get slaughtered... Only the young females survive...
    Why is it that the evil guys are so much cooler? Their oitfits as well as their powers. The second in command woman looks especially hot.

We found out that the pleasure gang didn't have that much pleasure and Aruka is able to withstand and/or use impurity.
    Was a good episode.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, Roana is so hot with that outfit and that eyepatch!
    Anyway It was a good episode even though I felt sorry for the Pleasure Gang.....
    BTW I was thinking that sooner or later Alka might express some emotions, because that master of hers must have been really a good guy....
    That Jin chick gives me the creeps though.....O_O
    I wonder where Alka ended up after falling into the river....

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Soooo~ Ep. 3

Just when i thought Loana could play a major role in the series (Most likely because she appears in the main arts of the anime), at the end of the episode she's confirmed dead. D: Mother of God, if characters keep dying this fast it'll be really hard to try and connect with them as a fan xD. Its true, Aruka's like a doom bringer, whenever she gets close of an association or village, they all end up dead. It might be really to be her, lol, with such experiences. After this episode i can agree she could also speak a little more. But frankly, at this rate if people keeps dying on her, i guess its not worth socializing with them xD.

Jin's gang (antagonists, not the gunner) have indeed cooler designs, and they're way more badass. Its true and kinda funny what Loana said in this ep, Aruka's definitly not that different from Jin when it comes to personality. And so it seems Aruka can stand against Jin's Impurity because of the butterfly seals. No wonder she keeps chasing on her.

As for the gunner chick (Forgot her name. D: ), i guess it was pretty convenient to shoot down Aruka down the river. So far, i liked this episode more than 2's. But 2 was complete transition, so it'd be a little unfair to compare them.

Btw guys, if you're interested and dont know about (maybe you do), theres a famous korean artist/illustrator called Hyung Tae Kim that worked in the game's design, and i gotta say i'm a big fan of his work. In this gallery, theres a couple arts he did for the game, including Jin's group, etc., if yer interested.

http://www.creativeuncut.com/art_blade-and-soul_a.html
    Last edited by Zaikuya; April 18, 2014 at 01:27 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Loana is not dead. Have you seen the preview?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Loana is not dead. Have you seen the preview?
    I dont use to watch previews. D: unless the anime be like Kill La Kill or something like that, where previews actually hardly give you any information on the next episode. I like having my next eps from fresh starts xD.
    Last edited by Zaikuya; April 18, 2014 at 03:35 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 4:

So even children get murdered without a second thought. Nice.
    Aruka has a special bond with that sword... I wonder if it was cursed or something.

I wonder where the plot is actually headed. The enemies are completely hax at the moment.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I felt sorry for the kid, but that's what happens when you kill the wrong people...
    About Alka and her sword, there's indeed some kind of special bond that links the two of them, I wonder what it is though....
    Anyway I too am wondering what will happen from now on and more importantly how this story will end...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 5:

This show kills characters left and right. Just the main characters have the right to live huh?
    I kinda like this episodic style. The only things I don't like are the horrible animation in fights without Alka and that she doesn't feel like a main character.

This episode showed that the world is filled with insanity.... Even the "good" people are monsters.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast