Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blade and Soul

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blade and Soul

Having a sense of justice is good, but when you try to force this justice onto others, you just end up becoming a mad man possessed by an obsession.
    Anyway I too didn't mind this episode, but Alka seriously needs to becme a more talkative, because it feels like watching a machine....
    I know that's her character, but still...
    I wonder what will happen next.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Zaikuya's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, after some weeks of being away cuz of some illness, i'm back on my own feet again! D: (... kinda, still feeling dizzy sometimes). Missed both episodes, but well, watching one after another was surely worth it.

Ep 4&5!

Well, i cant really add much to what you guys have already pointed out. From episode 4, i personally like myself how Blade&Soul is far from being a light hearted story, but just cruel and merciless, even when it comes to childs (I bet it'd be even worse if it was tagged as a pure seinen). Which is, sadly, not really far off from our world's situation. I personally did fear Seto's sis could run the same fate as his brother. But oh well, Karen is not THAT bad of a person (Dont get me wrong, Karen's in the end a business woman. She's obviously not that good person either). The transition was intertaining, and in the end, episode give us the doubt with Alka's sword. Is it special, or the whole thing was just a metaphora? I'm pointing this out because of Alka's words with her master "The sword, is it made for killing? Or maybe it is what you trully want it be, depending on your will"?. Suspicious.

Episode five, indeed, pointed out blindless justice isnt the right path to justice at all. And in the worst case, it can be equal to crime. In short, another enjoyable episode. I'm just okay-ish that at the very least, the anime's not the classic "MAIN LEAD'S SUPER OBSESED WITH REVENGE AND HE/SHE HAS TO REMARK HOW ANGRY THEY'RE ABOUT IT", but more of how the world around Alka works. I'm fine with that. I, too, agree that Alka could be a little more talkative. But hey, give her a chance! I think she had a few more lines this episode, lol! Unlike in the very first episodes, where she was all about fancy killing and running around.

As for the animation, it could be indeed better. Its a shame the first episodes were more of an "eye-candy" when it came to it (lets be honest, the animation presented at the beginning was really cool!), but it dropped in quality episode after episode. I can at the very least say, that its far better from another anime i picked up to watch along with Nisemonogatari and Blade&Soul that started airing not long ago: Fuun Ishin Dai Shogun. That anime just... terrible when it comes to animation. Sorry, did i say animation? It even lacks it. Its more than static images moving @ 3-4 frames in every god damn situation like if they were Internet flash series or something.

---------- Post added May 06, 2014 at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was May 02, 2014 at 01:55 PM ----------

Btw! Crazy theorycrafting time that just pop'd outta my head. Since B&S's anime's inspired/envisioned to have a more, japanese-ish style than a korean one... I came with a conclusion. In the japanese culture/folklore, the butterfly represents Life and Rebirth, while the Moth represents death. Could this somehow justify why Alka seems to be like partially 'inmune' (Well, not that inmune, we've already seen that if she gets hit by it, she just wont go unpunished) to the full effects of "Impurity"?. Given the fact that she has a butterfly tatoo'd in her left arm.

I know, what only messes with my theory is that Jin Valeel's yet to be represented with moths, tho.
    Last edited by Zaikuya; May 06, 2014 at 11:28 AM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 6:

A good episode about the Palam empire. Jin Varrel is one badass character. Nice impure powers and quite he nice looking woman.
    Slaughtering every traitor on the field was nice to watch.
    Even puppies die.

I almost started to root for her.

Basically every character in this show is suspicious.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno why I followed this through to the end...

Last episode OVA-style obligatory hot springs episode...

Overall, the series had potential that was wasted, IMO. It spent some time exploring the ideas of the consequences of killing, reasons for, revenge and forgiveness, but everything was so scattered and nothing flowed together. It could have been something more than just some random action based-on-a-game series if it had managed to tie everything in nicely, but alas...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF did I just watch? XD
    I mean it was nice to see sexy girls almost naked, but the format of this episode was more like that of an OAV and not of a final episode.
    Well, whatever.....this show had potential, but ended in a terrible way...
    I doubt that we will ever see it again in the future....

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2