Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kaguya and her sons

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaguya and her sons

Kaguya was born as part of an ancient race who lived on the moon. When a war broke out between her people she travelled to Earth to gain the fruit of the Shinju. Her hope was to gain power and bring peace to her land.

However despite eating the fruit she was too late. The war took a dramatic turn and the moon was destroyed completely before she could return.

She was forced to remain on Earth and later married Otsutsuki Mikado and had two children, Hagoromo and Yamaraja. Both of their children were born with powerful eyes and bodies but each slightly different. Hagoromo's eyes were the rinnegan and his body gave him strong regenerative powers. Yamaraja's eyes however allowed him to see and look into a persons soul, his body allowed him to consciously grow new bones and limbs. He also possessed powerful sealing abilities.

After the untimely death of her husband Mikado began to loathe the humans and wished to resurrect her home and people. She thought that she could do this by eating another fruit. She began offering people as a sacrifice to be absorbed by the roots of the Shinju however a new fruit did not grow. Tired of waiting she absorbed the Shinju itself.

The Shinju warped her body and it grew in size and eventually became the Juubi. Kaguyas memories had vanished and the only thing that remained was the powerful urge to gain more power.

In order to atone for their mother's sins Hagoromo and Yamaraja fought the Juubi. Realising that they could not win Yamaraja used his eyes to locate his mother's soul and ripped it out of the Juubis body, sealing it within his own belly. Using the remainder of his power he sealed the weakened Juubi within his brother.

This was all too much for Yamaraja and his body was destroyed and his soul was cursed by the presence of Kaguya. He became the Shinigami with the power to seal souls.

When Hagoromo reached old age he pulled the natural energy from the Juubi and separated it into nine pieces, the tailed beats. He sent the shell of the Juubi, which was partly his mother's own body, into the sky and formed a new moon around it. His mother had finally returned to her home.

Throughout their lives both Hagoromo and Yamaraja had children. Each child started their own clan so as top forget the pain caused by their grandmother.

Hagaromo 's oldest son Indra gained powerful eyes and formed the Uchiha while his younger son, Ashura, gained a powerful body and formed the Senju.

Yamaraja had three daughter's. His eldest, Tennin, gained powerful eyes and formed the Hyuuga, the twin girls Tennyo, gained powerful chakra and sealing abilities becoming the Uzumaki and Tenshi, gained manipulation over their body becoming the Kaguya. The remainder of the Otsutsuki changed their name to Haaromo.

2. Like 11 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bradhimself's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kaguya and her sons

Pretty darn good!

Just out of curiosity, Did you get some of these names from Japanese folklore? They seem fitting
    You can't end a good party without someone on the floor.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bradhimself View Post
    Pretty darn good!

Just out of curiosity, Did you get some of these names from Japanese folklore? They seem fitting
    This actually sounds 100% legit...wouldn't be surprised if it shows up exactly as you're saying it but it seems Sage-talk is over :/

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bradhimself View Post
    Pretty darn good!

I tried to stick to the story of Princess Kaguya as much as possible.

In that story Mikado was the name of the emperor who proposed to Kaguya.

Tennin, Tennyo and Tenshi are all spiritual beings usually female which wear heavenly kimono's called Hagoromo.

Yamaraja or Yama is often the name given to the god of death in Chinese and Japanese folklore.

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Folklore behind Kaguya, Hagoromo, Asura, and Indra

++++++++++++++++++

Trivias:

Behind them are the two Hindu gods in Japan: Ashura (demigod of the Kāmadhātu) and Indra (God of Weather & War).

ASHURA is a demi-god or semi-blessed being. He is powerful, yet fierce and quarrelsome, and like humans, he is partly good and partly evil. The word asura was then sometimes translated as “non-god” or “anti-god” to complete the Aryan victory and to deny any chance of ranking the Asura among the heavenly gods. The king of the Ashura, often shown with three-faced head (or three heads) and six arms (sometimes four arms). He is often shown holding the sun, moon, bow and arrows, a mirror, and has two hands in the Anjali mudra. Hair is usually bristling. The king of hunger, an ogre in perpetual anger, the king of quarrels. Of the three heads (faces), the central head has a suffering expression, and the others appear angry.

In Pali, “Ashura” literally means "one who is not touched by light." In Pali, the term “Ashura O” can also be translated as "one who doesn't drink sura (alchohol)." In Indian mythology, Ashura O and his followers were the rulers of the Trayastrimsha Heaven, but they were thrown out of that heaven by Lord Indra because they were fond of drinking and were often drunk. After being thrown out, the Ashura vowed never to drink again.

INDRA, also known as Śakra in the Vedas, is the leader of the Devas or gods and the lord of Svargaloka or heaven in the Hindu religion. He is the god of rain and thunderstorms.He wields a lightning thunderbolt known as vajra and rides on a white elephant known as Airavata. Indra is the supreme deity and is the twin brother of Agni and is also mentioned as an Āditya, son of Aditi. His home is situated on Mount Meru in the heaven.

Indra is also called Śakra frequently in the Vedas and in Buddhism (Pali: Sakka)

Both represents the Rabbit Moon: Full moon (gold, bright) and Crescent moon (silver, dark). Looks like it's being linked to Ginkaku & Kinkaku (gold and silver bothers)

KAGUYA-HIME (Hagoromo's mother). If people doesn't know about the "The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter" or "Kaguya-hime no Monogatari (The Tale of Princess Kaguya),” please read here: web-jpn.org/kidsweb/folk/kaguy… . Many readers said that sakura/mito/karin/hinata is the reincarnation of Kaguya.

Here are some bullets:

* Her original name is Nayotake-no-Kaguya-hime, meaning "princess of flexible bamboos scattering light"
    * She is said to be from Tsuki-no-Miyako (月の都 "The Capital of the Moon")
    * In the story, Princess Kaguya left a note and elixir of life to her parents and the emperor. The Emperor read her letter and was overcome with sadness. He asked his servants, "Which mountain is the closest place to Heaven?", to which one replied the Great Mountain of Suruga Province. The Emperor ordered his men to take the letter to the summit of the mountain and burn it, in the hope that his message would reach the distant princess. The men were also commanded to burn the elixir of immortality since the Emperor did not wish to live forever without being able to see her. The legend has it that the word immortality (不死 fushi, or fuji) became the name of the mountain, Mount Fuji. It is also said that the kanji for the mountain, 富士山 (literally "Mountain Abounding with Warriors"), is derived from the Emperor's army ascending the slopes of the mountain to carry out his order.
    * Princess Kaguya has no rabbit ears. She always put her Bamboo Leaves behind her ears as a hairpin. This is why people said she is a rabbit princess.
    * She wore medium crimsom kimono.
    * All the events happened in summer from the day she was found in Bamboo Stalk to the day she departed leaving her parents and the emperor behind.
    * In Chinese mythology, the goddess Chang'e is stranded upon the moon after foolishly consuming a double dose of an immortality potion. She is accompanied by a small group of moon rabbits.

* Accdg to Hagoromo, before she became a demon goddess, she used to be a Hare / Rabbit Princess. Legends said that the moon is the place of rabbits.
    * Before she ate the juubi fruit, she has normal eyes like humans. Hagoromo said his mother also possessed sharingan that she used it on people.

So this means, hinata is not the one because unlike Kaguya's seeking for more power, hinata tried hard to develop her battle skills. Although she has byakugan, she represents herself as a sun, and kaguya came from the moon. Sakura is way closer but her personality doesn't fit to Kaguya. That means, it's either Mito Uzumaki or Karin Uzumaki is Kaguya's reincarnation.

Source: http://sashun08.deviantart.com/art/N...a-is-444614982

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm wondering if the brother of hagoromo...actually was another victim like kushina/minato...to seal the jyubi
    half in hagoromo and the other half in the brother he may have been killed in the battle/sealing of the jyubi
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Except the moon was created by Hagoromo and no mention for the moon existing before that event... Nor did Kishi bother to even mentioned who's her husband and stuff like that

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Except the moon was created by Hagoromo and no mention for the moon existing before that event... Nor did Kishi bother to even mentioned who's her husband and stuff like that

I'll say it again NOT EVERYTHING IN A THEORY CAN BE PROVED BY THE MANGA, if it could then it wouldn't be a theory it would already be FACT!

I've based my theory upon the story of Princess Kaguya which Kishi also used as the basis of creating his character. In the story Kaguya came from the moon.

My theory has the moon being (re)created by Hagoromo. There's no mention of the moon not existing before that event either so not sure what your point is.

Yes Kishi hasn't gone in depth about Hagoromo's father or brother yet but not sure what your point is again. All I've said about his father in addition to what Kishi has said is his name, a name which I've taken from the story of Princess Kaguya so is possible.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DragonballN View Post
    My theory has the moon being (re)created by Hagoromo. There's no mention of the moon not existing before that event either so not sure what your point is.
    If the moon was destroyed and them re-created, wouldn't people mention it? The moon being destroyed is as important as it being re-created...

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DragonballN View Post
    The war took a dramatic turn and the moon was destroyed completely before she could return.
    Such simple, wow

Seriously, they'd be capable of destroying the whole moon? That's about an infinite number of times more than all we've seen or heard about in canon. The Juubi of legends was able to re-shape the land. Not even close to the planet itself, just the tiny surface layer. You're basically making a jump in power levels that's about as large as the one we've had so far (normal ninja fights to Juudara).
    Last edited by 0Xellos; April 14, 2014 at 10:31 AM.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post

Such simple, wow

Seriously, they'd be capable of destroying the whole moon? That's about an infinite number of times more than all we've seen or heard about in canon. The Juubi of legends was able to re-shape the land. Not even close to the planet itself, just the tiny surface layer. You're basically making a jump in power levels that's about as large as the one we've had so far (normal ninja fights to Juudara).
    Such amaze is the power of the moon rabbits.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

is this hagoromo's brother
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It's kinda of weird for the existence of the moon be questioned in the manga. You know, the moon is responsible for the rotation of the Earth. So without the Moon, there would be no day and night, and Earth surface would be too hot or too cold for life exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the moon did the opposite, with its gravity its actually stopping the rotation of the earth gradually. Anyways, if the current moon was created by the rikudo to seal the body of the jubi then we have to assume that originally there wasn't another moon from kaguya to have come from. With that in mind maybe the came from mars.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Who else thinks that this outer space bu..... stuff has absolutely no reason to be in Naruto? At this rate it's really going to be like DBZ lol. Intersplanetary travel and people probably powerful enough to blow up planets...

My main fear is that with the potential of outer space encounters this series could go on for another 10 years and it's going on for too long already. Of course it's just my opinion, but this whole story and background with Kaguya and Ashura/Intra incarnations feels soo~ made up at the last second. Kishi's writing has gone worse for quite a while now and I don't want him to completely ruin Naruto...

AS FOR THIS THEORY

I compliment you. This is pretty well thought through!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

the original events of hagoromo, hamura and kaguya that lead to present day shippuden

before i get started with this i'd like to point to few things first i'm totally new here i've been searching for a good forum to share some info in it hence i'm here, 2nd english is barly a 3rd language for me so sry if i make errors in typing and last :

DISCLAIMER : this content is based on manga material so if you only watch the anime leave this post caus it contain spoilers.

all of the upcoming in based on the theory that kishimoto keep using certain key event patterns with different caracters as hints to those who can see them:
    after kaguya took the chakra the ten tails came to seek it back they fought and it ended up by kaguya sealing him and becoming the very first jinchuriki(this part if vaguly hinted in the manga i'll give some clues now and explain it later in details)
    -in chapter 677 sasuke look at the moon and he see kaguya's face(1st hint)
    -in chapter 680 kaguya looks at naruto and see hagoromo chakra and yells " chakra belong to me only" this is kinda weird it sounds like something the ten-tails would say(2nd hint)

i leave it here for now and move to hamura and hogoromo here comes the first pattern as indra and ashura inhereted each half of their father's powers so did the father and uncle themselfs
    -hamura inhereted the eyes and the chakra (the chakra that was used to seal the ten-tails)
    -hagomoro inhereted the 3rd eye property(you know the rest)

again using the same pattern the 2 kids of hamura split his powers in half one took the eyes becoming the ancestor od the "hyuuga clan" the other took the chakra becoming the ancestor of the "uzumaki clan" to push it a little further the hyuuga are proud ppl hence the ancestor is a boy, and since only the girls were able to use the sealing chains i'm gonna guess their ancestor is a girl.
    for those interested in romance there is an interesting combination between naruto and hinata.
    going back to kaguya she just sealed the ten-tails she becames way to op then it happened he messed her up on the inside the gaara-shikaku type of deal, here the 2nd pattern to understand this refer to naruto episode 78 when gamabunta explains the symptoms to naruto) until he took over her and controlled her behavior and thoughts which resulted in the first attempt of the infinite tsukuyomi(2nd hint),going to the 2 brothers seeing what the ten-tails has done to their mother and what he was making her doing they stepped up to save her and stop the tsukuyomi seeing no way to save her they resorted to sealing as a way to stop here (here comes another pattern if you wonder what happened refer to naruto vs kurama when he took his chakra with the help of his mother, naruto played the role of hagoromo and kushina played the role of hamura) once weakened they made the moon as it's prison here comes another part of the theory what they sealed in not exactly the ten-tails but it's host, their mother) (1st hint) this also explain why the ten-tails who showed signs of revenge trails when he went to take his chakra back show absolutly no signs of emotions or even intelegent bihavior his consciousness is sealed with his empty shell in the moon which also explain the infinite tsukuyomi he want his chakra back so he can get enough strength to break out of his jail.
    going back to the battle the 2 brothers have the chakra they stole concluded it was too dangerious to keep for it will corrupt them as their mother and i'm talking about hamura here the sealing dude so he split it in half another pattern in here (refer to the sealing of kurama by minato how he sealed the ying part in him then the other part in naruto including his own chakra as before minato played hamura's role and naruto played hagoromo's role) and guess what the ying part messed up hamura too and when he died guess what he became the "shinigami" that would explain why orochimaru resorted to uzumaki jutsus to manipulate the shinigami they are his descendants so they can use his techniques.going back to the last survivor hagoromo he was the very first jinchuriki who tamed his part and befriended him as time pass by the elder toad sage gamamaru contacted him and told him about his vision a.k.a the child of prophecy warning him of the 2nd coming of kaguya and how to stop her ,he told him about the blue eyed kid who speaks the names of the beasts so he acted accordingly he split ten-tails in 9 parts giving each a name and he sealed in each one of them a part of his chakra for the day that the child of prophecy will require the beasts he'll be there too to help him out my guess is this depleted him massivly which resulted in him dying later on of old age. that's it guys i hope you enjoy this theory feel free to comment add or discuss any bit of info, peace
    p.s: btw i also think that kishi changed the course of his original plans for the manga majorly if you wanna know about this theory feel free to ask
    Last edited by Arbalest; June 15, 2014 at 10:58 AM.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast