Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Liar Game Chapter 171 Discussion/172 Prediction

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Liar Game Chapter 171 Discussion/172 Prediction

This is the thread where you discuss the current chapter of Liar Game.
    24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member renders's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Chapter 171 Discussion/172 Prediction

Human Auction huh...
    Well things are starting to get interesting I hope Nao gets in the same team as Akiyama...I should stop here then maratho it once it ends since this is a pain to read it one chapter at a week
    ''The melody of logic always plays the note of truth''

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope Nao has fun on Team Yokoya

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i think it would also be cool if akiyama and nao are in different teams....and yokoya will by psychological warfare have the fourth team on his side. so it is 8vs8 or 2teams vs 2 teams

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Tomahawk View Post
    Even better would be Nao, Yokoya, AND Akiyama on a team. Not because they'd dominate but because they'd bicker, not trust each other, and generally be hilarious.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Tomahawk View Post
    Basically this, but this potentially sets up the greatest conflict in the manga, Nao to go after Akiyama, I can see him telling her to worry about herself more now, and if she plays on team Yokoya and starts helping Akiyama, Akiyama will find a way to intentionally lose to teach Nao another lesson.

Basically I see this scenario as the best scenario for a climax. Of course the "Human Auction" means they will be bidding who is in which team, and I bet Yokoya might pick Nao thinking she will be easier to manipulate.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Even better would be Nao, Yokoya, AND Akiyama on a team. Not because they'd dominate but because they'd bicker, not trust each other, and generally be hilarious.
    Yes but it leaves no one as the antagonist, unless the common enemy is FINALLY found in the LGT?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Yes but it leaves no one as the antagonist, unless the common enemy is FINALLY found in the LGT?
    Yokoya can still be the antagonist even if he is on the same team. There could also be at least one other competent player.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Yokoya can still be the antagonist even if he is on the same team. There could also be at least one other competent player.
    Sure but he wants to win. He does not seem like the kind of guy that would want satisfaction in just taking Nao and Akiyama down with him, basically I hope some of the new introduced faces have some hidden intellect to them, based on the reactions most have debt and are in trouble to say the least.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zales88's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a RAW so I can't check it myself.
    On page 14 it is drawn that Yokoya has number "1" but on the next page (15) it says he has number "3". I guess the number "1" is the right answer because being on the side is probably somehow advantageous (like Akyiama picking number "19").
    Bleach|D.Gray-Man|Detective Conan|Eyeshield21|Full Metal Alchemist|Gantz|Hajime no Ippo|Katekyou Hitman Reborn|Liar Game|Mahou Sensei Negima|Naruto|One Piece|Pluto|Vagabond|Veritas|Zetman|History Strongest Desciple Kenichi|Bitter Virgin|H2|Mx0|Old Boy|20th Century Boys|Battle Royale|Black Cat|Blue Heaven|Death Note|Devil&Devil|Flame of Recca|Hikaru no GO|Hot Blooded Woman|Monster|Prince of Tennis|Rouruni Kenshin|Slam Dunk|Berserk|Futari Ecchi|Golden Boy|Unbalanced x Unbalanced
    and more

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zales88 View Post
    On page 14 it is drawn that Yokoya has number "1" but on the next page (15) it says he has number "3". I guess the number "1" is the right answer because being on the side is probably somehow advantageous (like Akyiama picking number "19").
    Yeah, he and Akiyama surely know the game half way now, and presumed that Yokoya knows it fully, and Akiyama will catch up, Nao is in the worst position since she picked last.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I imagine 3 people are going to be left out since it seems 4 people are required.

It would be an interesting twist is Akiyama's plan was to get him, Kanzaki and Yokoya out of the game. I think Akiyama's number may indicate his ability to see what everyone is doing while Yokoya gave himself leeway to learn what 1-2 do before he himself comes up so he isn't the guinea pig. For those in between those numbers they most likely have the same advantage/disadvantage. For the advantage of going earlier they have to diadvantage of knowing less and for the advtanage of going later/learning more if it is based on going in order, they have the disadvantage of those going before them to gain an edge/make a move that they may be unable to make because they are going later in the turn.

Will be interesting to see how this human auction works out though I imagine it will work in two ways.
    -Players will auction/pay their own money to be picked by other people
    -Players will pay to have specific players on their team

Since you are gonna have weaker players wanting to be picked for the best odds to win while the stronger players will have the edge of wanting to be picked and thus are able to earn money in the upcoming auction round.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zales88 View Post
    You misunderstood the point of the game.
    They don't get the number representing the position at the top. You follow the line down from there, crossing over at every single horizontal bar. If you follow yokoyas line down from where he started, he does end up at number "3", not number "1". (Or you follow Yokoyas line incorrectly, because he does end up at 3).

Yokoya got 3, like he apparently planned.
    Last edited by Lozmaster; April 06, 2014 at 08:16 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure you can actually "plan" for a number here. I would think the situation is random to some degree. Yokoya and akiyama obviously know what they are doing since they picked the extremes however they can't actually pick a number. From what I gather being on the edge simply gives them a greater chance of ending up close to a particular position. So yokoya and akiyama were simply aiming to be close to the edges of the board for whatever reason. The only way in which they can actually pick right is to actually know what the games ahead are and what role the numbers will play in them. In this scenario akiyama would appear to have obtained the more favorable location, closer to the edge, however that still depends on what the game will actually be. Seeing that people are going to be left out and this is an auction I actually get the impression akiyama is aiming to get left out. In an auction scenario he will bid last right?

New Reply