Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin

Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin
    Genre: Mystery, Adventure
    Production: A-1 Pictures
    Director: Kamei Kanta
    Series Composition: Kurata Hideyuki
    Starring: Ono Yuuki, Tanabe Rui, Hanazawa Kana, Asumi Kana

The story centers around the treasure of Nanana, a ghost who was once a beautiful but NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training) girl.

A boy named Juugo was disowned by his father and forced to transfer to a high school on the "Special Student Zone," an artificial island. With only 40,000 yen a month to live on, Juugo chooses a low-rent apartment that happens to be haunted by Nanana. Juugo and members of the school's adventure club join a "treasure hunt royale" on the island for the Nanana Collection, a treasure that possesses a mysterious power.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin

So, this was a nice first episode. It managed to suck me in and spark my interest. The MC is kind of a perv and I'm not crazy about him, but I liked Nanana a bit more (lol at her playing PSO XD). I'm intrigued by the island and Nanana's treasure, as well as the individual or group of people who murdered her.

Seeing as Galilei Donna, another noitaminA block series from A-1, went downhill from a surprisingly exciting first episode, I really hope Nanana doesn't suffer the same fate as this. I'll definitely give this one a few more episodes before I make a decision to drop it or not. But so far, I like what I see.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This one has caught my interest.

Really liked the main character's general attitude. His pervyness and energy made him seem pretty different than the usually protag without going too far with it. The actual story is like a crazy comedic version of AnoHana. So it will probably live and die by the rest of it's cast. But I'm pretty optimistic so far.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved how Nanana was an adventurous girl when she was alive and how she is pretty much a NEET as a ghost, although she's kind of being forced into it by being bound to the room xD
    I liked the MC, as well. He seems to be interested in solving this case, although Nanana moving on wouldn't really benefit him, pudding costs aside (=

All in all, it's a strong start, I'd say.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanana is really cute... Falling in love with a gjost is never a good idea though. Although she IS able to interact with the real world...

Juugo is a nice main character and already a ladies man. Wanting to help Nanana because she is/was a nice adventures girl... Who now has the ultimate skills for a NEET.

Well you guys already said it. It was a nice first episode but as kin-bro already said... Galileo Donna had a nice start too and turned bad really fast...

PS: That loli detective...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

From this show I can smell adventure, romance, mistery, drama and comedy, which is awesome.
    Nanana is really an adorable ghost girl and frankly speaking, I too would have sacrificed a shoulder to touch God's territory (you're our hero Juugo). LOL
    As for the rest, well, it was indeed a nice start and all the characters seems to be likeable and funny.
    I'm really looking forward to watching the next episode.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Logical when you think about it, she is stuck in this room, it's better to be a NEET.

The story is a little hard to believe but the MC and the rest of the cast are likeable.

Another anime with Kana at the end .
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

This was one of the most impressive first episodes of the first season. The story seems promising, the characters are unique, and interesting. Has the feel of a classic anime adventure. Limitless potential. I think that I will enjoy this.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    Seeing as Galilei Donna, another noitaminA block series from A-1, went downhill from a surprisingly exciting first episode, I really hope Nanana doesn't suffer the same fate as this. I'll definitely give this one a few more episodes before I make a decision to drop it or not. But so far, I like what I see.
    True, it is always good to temper expectations after one episode. Nanana has a more talented staff than Galilei Donna. Galilei Donna creator and Director Umetsu Yasuomi hasn't done anything good since Kite, back in 1998. He followed up Galilei Donna with the equally dreadful Wizard Barristers. The original novels of Nanana are well respected. Kamei Kanta is a relatively new director, but did a good job with Usagi Drop. Screenwriter Kurata Hideyuki is very good. He also wrote the screenplay for Kannagi, Oreimo, and Kami Nomi.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

A-1 is a subsidiary of Aniplex, itself a subsidiary of Sony. It's a hard studio to generalize about. They are part of such a big corporation, make so many anime, of such varying quality.
    Last edited by Kaiten; April 13, 2014 at 03:34 PM.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2:

"He is not a boy, he is a trap." Thank you Tensai for making my week...
    She got arrested for bringing the jewel back... Ahahahaha.

Nanana unplugged the second controller... Just because Juugo is a perv? That jealous already? Although that guy has no luck whatsoever... First a trap than a violent girl...

That trial was really easy but it was animated in a cool way. I really like Tensai.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is Hoshino a trap!? That's so unfair. T_T
    Anyway it was really an entertaining episode and that trial to get the treasure was really awesome, because it was animated very well.
    I'm loving already Tensai; a bit less that violent senpai, altough I admit that she was sexy in that maid outfit.
    About the rest, Nanana was adorable as she was in the first episode and it seems like she's starting to harbour some feelings for Yama, but it might just be my imagination.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The detective girl is great. Also loving how everybody keeps openly taking advantage of the main characters pervyness.

Mixed feelings about the trap maid...voiced by Kana Hanazawa. It was funny, but is it going to keep being funny? Usually that kind of thing turns into a running gag that's less funny each time it comes up; I guess we'll see.

Spoiler: Probably doesn't help that I'm just not a big Trap or Genderbender fan. show
    Last edited by Jammin; April 17, 2014 at 07:17 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhhh, it's a trap! I don't mind traps, really, and they can be quite fun, in my opinion.

I just noticed he has the equivalent of a PS3, as evidenced by the way mine opens and closes. Anyway, I like Juugo's general attitude, and the detective girl is fun. It was funny how she just waltzed into the apartment and started stripping to take a bath right away. XD And it seems Juugo has no luck with maids.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

A trap voiced by KanaHana... but for what reason does he wear girls outfits at school?

There are still some elements I find hard to believe but the anime is enjoyable.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 3:

D'aww.. Tensai and her maiden heart, so cute..
    S police officers seem to have had their way with Juugo. Don't know how to react to that..
    I was kind of taken aback by the club president's betrayal. Oh well, what Nanana says suggests that the cane isn't omnipotent, hmm.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

So, is Isshin the bad guy or he just wanted desperately that cane?
    If he really wanted to get rid of Tensai and Yuugo he could have ordered them to kill themselves (well, if it's possible to do that of course....)...
    Anyway it was really an entertaining episode and I love how the ruins are so complex and dangerous; it certainly gives you an adrenaline rush watching the characters overcome the trials in these.
    And that Yama X Tensai was cute indeed; Yama you licky bastard!
    Looking forward to watching the next episode.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast