Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Bleach 576 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Zaikuya's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 576 Discussion / 577 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Nanozom View Post
    ... Cutting trough the quote since its quite big, could mess the forums.
    Okay, then again, i dont know if you did understand my words, but what i tried to say is that its a little obvious he cant imagine people dead, for the reason it wouldnt be an ability that balances out correctly in the manga. If it worked that way, then again, he could literally go alone versus the SS. What i wanted to mean (And i guess i didnt specify it) is that to me, he's pretty much like a mage poping stuff outta his hat. So i agree he's more about indirect fighting that actually going "BOOM UR DEAD" and in fact kills you. I'm just saying that the fight is pretty bidimensional, its dragged out for TOO long and it was based around the same rinse and repeat, for us to know Gremmy wont really have a chance against Kenpachi. This was known even before the fight started, anyway. Seeing the same kid throwing random stuff @ someone thats gonna cut trough it for 4-5 chapters is not really impressive nor entertaining at all. As for the matter of being a genious, imaginative or whatever you want to point him out, TO ME, he wasnt that dinamic proven how strong his ability is. Hiro Mashima pulled a character long ago in Fairy Tail that was able to attack trough imagination aswell, and i can say he was way more entertaining and creative than what Tite did with Gremmy. If you cant stand the fact i dont like the whole development of this fight, then i'm sorry, i cant really force you to understand me nor understand my point. Call me a hater or someone that complains for the sake of complaining. I could care less, in the end, its just my opinion.

I'd rather see him shooting down huge, destructive quincy beams, or bigger quincy arrows that happens to explode and cause enormous blasts on the zone he's fighting with Kenpachi rather than recurring to the classic meteor. Why? Because energy beams/arrows cannot be cut, and in a situation where you're fighting a certain someone that has cut trough EVERYTHING you've thrown at him, its not so crazy to think right now Zaraki will stand it out. Yeah, meteors are super destructive and whatever you wanna call it. But given the fact Kenpachi in his first encounter with Ichigo was able to cut down SS's buildings with mere slashes, its pretty obvious that now he has obtained a release ability, and that he's yet to remove his eyepatch, him alone will cut trough that meteor. Well, i'm giving away my two kidneys betting thats whats going to happen. Because we're talking about Bleach here. And to be more specific, about Kenpachi.

I've also pointed out Zaraki is a character that like Byakuya or Hitsugaya, just dont fill me in anymore. In the case of the last two, its because they're overdeveloped. Its ridiculous for them to improve further when theres plenty of other captain characters that are yet to have a shiny moment. In the worst scenario, the so underdeveloped vizard captains are getting fodderized and off panneled for the sake of characters that have been getting power ups arcs after arccs (I'm okay with Komamura or Renji. I didnt find right Rukia having a bankai when she wasnt even able to control Sode No Shirayuki yet. Tite has pointed out to achieve bankai one has to master his/her shikai first. Rukia's bankai was completly ass pulled to me, since there series never EVER referenced her zanpakuto training to be that advanced). What was awesome about Zaraki is that he could go trough anything with a sword he didnt even know the name off. But Tite decided to give him a release, sacrificing/foddericing Unohana, a character he claimed all over again, had super plans for the future in his interviews and who could've a far more interesting character, just for the sake of that. Thats another point of why i find this fight to be even worse than Rukia's and her unnecesary bankai.
    Last edited by Zaikuya; April 15, 2014 at 06:34 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

People seem to misinterpret what I mean when I say imagine Kenpachi dead or whatever. Obviously he (Gremmy) has to consider a mechanism or action to bring about death. The same way he made Yachiru have cookie bones he could imagine Kenpachi's brain/heart in cookies or soup or whatever...pretty sure that would kill him. The character is a utter failure. Why introduce a reality warper if you aren't going to utilize him properly? The character does not even need to be balance......it's fiction, who cares. Kubo can make up whatever the hell he wants but yeah since he's a villain he should have a way for him to be defeated.

Marvel uses reality warping all the thing...this is the lamest example of it I have ever seen.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    People seem to misinterpret what I mean when I say imagine Kenpachi dead or whatever. Obviously he (Gremmy) has to consider a mechanism or action to bring about death. The same way he made Yachiru have cookie bones he could imagine Kenpachi's brain/heart in cookies or soup or whatever...pretty sure that would kill him. The character is a utter failure. Why introduce a reality warper if you aren't going to utilize him properly? The character does not even need to be balance......it's fiction, who cares. Kubo can make up whatever the hell he wants but yeah since he's a villain he should have a way for him to be defeated.

Marvel uses reality warping all the thing...this is the lamest example of it I have ever seen.
    The issue here is that gremy cannot do that though. If he could turn kenpachi's brain into mush thus killing him then he would have already done so. The logical option here is that doing such a thing is for whatever reason not an actual possibility. Gremy cannot even imagine himself to be hard enough for kenpachi to not cut, actually affecting kenpachi directly should actually be much more complicated. If gremy actually could warp reality to the extent you suggest then there wouldn't even be a plot unless there was some other force in SS to directly counter him. Gremy's power has, IMO, already been well established to not be unlimited in any form or context.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think one of the main reasons Gremmy's duplicated himself is as a simple "backup copy", so if either gets obliterated, the remaining one can recreate him. Zaraki's going to have to 2-for-1-shot them both to ensure his end!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gremmy created a fully functioning human being(?) with powers that was capable of independent thought and action yet he can't turn Kenpachi's brain/heart into cookie dough or soup? That is doesn't make any damn sense...unless that stupid rule applies in that if your opponent is that much stronger than you are you can't hurt him or her. But he has actually damaged Kenpachi albeit to a small degree but damage none the less.

Trust me, this battle was handled poorly and Gremmy is poorly constructed villain. Kubo shouldn't have created Gremmy...he could have easily used another unknown Sternritter.

Imagination shouldn't have any limits...doesn't the saying goes if you can dream it you can conceive it?

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    Gremmy created a fully functioning human being(?) with powers that was capable of independent thought and action yet he can't turn Kenpachi's brain/heart into cookie dough or soup? That is doesn't make any damn sense...unless that stupid rule applies in that if your opponent is that much stronger than you are you can't hurt him or her. But he has actually damaged Kenpachi albeit to a small degree but damage none the less.

Trust me, this battle was handled poorly and Gremmy is poorly constructed villain. Kubo shouldn't have created Gremmy...he could have easily used another unknown Sternritter.

Imagination shouldn't have any limits...doesn't the saying goes if you can dream it you can conceive it?
    That's the thing though; Bleach is fiction, but it has some laws, one of which is Spirit Energy...

IMO, Gremmy can be thought of as a walking Hougyoko; he can achieve anything...as long as he has the energy to do it. Everything he's done so far has been within the limits imposed by his spirit energy, but at some point he's going to hit that brick wall, and Kenpachi is more-than-likely going to drive him into it!!!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zaikuya View Post
    CUtting the quote to avoid problems with the forum..
    You have a accurate point in that it´s a personal opinion and that I have no right to complain about it.

But let´s speculate with the idea of using quincy barrage of ballistics arrows.
    How would it look like if they got cut through instead?
    since something is going to be cut, it´s just a quesiton of what...

And I know about the character that you are referring to from FT... Rosebud...RoseRust...no... Rusty Rose?...
    (Anyway!)
    And I agree that was a better use of it, but let´s face it. that guy was an adult and he could grasp and abuse his power way better than a kid could do...
    How ironic, a reality warping power is more efficient in the hands of an adult then a kid...

Anyway, I never touched the subject of Kenpachi since let´s be honest, I don´t have a opinion of him at all.
    I have opinions on Unohana, but that´s because she was more interesting than him. And for me, Kenpachi was only interesting in his first encounter with Ichigo. After that, he became part of the scenery.
    Just to make things clear here.
    In this fight, I actually side with the quincies than the shinigami, as they are more interesting than the other side in the war now.

But blame it on Kubo and his story writing skills when it comes to things like this.
    I just realized something...
    why doesn´t Gremmy just imagine "Any attack Kenpachi lands on me will injure him instead."
    That way he can just take punches as much as he wants and Kenpachi would be the only one hurt.
    Mirror damage.
    Just a thought.
    Last edited by Nanozom; April 16, 2014 at 12:43 AM.

New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7