Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 56 Discussion/Chapter 57 Predictions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 56 Spoiler Discussion

Even if Levi is an Ackerman, he would still only be related to Mikasa on her father's side (I assume her mother had another lastname before the marriage) and I believe the super strength has something to do with Mikasa's clan, on her mother's side.

I don't think Levi is a traitor. He doesn't use the lastname so I think he left both his old life and the name and fled to underground city...

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm seeing no one wants Levi to be a traitor. However much I like him though, I wouldn't be surprised if he were one considering his past. He DID try to kill Erwin, did he not? As for his supposed last name, it could be a mere coincidence couldn't it? There are plenty of people with the same last names and are not related in anyway to each other. It seems unlikely though. Are we even sure that the guy who was talking was referring to OUR Levi and not to another?

I think Levi is a double agent still working for the SL. It seems the most likely of scenarios. Great chapter though, can't wait for next month .

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't make sense.. why would he choose to live in the underground city, even "adopt" kids to his gang?
    And underground city is a good place if you want to disappear..

This Ackerman is probably a rich guy and it explains Levi's taste, black tea and cravats.
    So why would he live in the underground city, in the dirt, if he still worked with this man? For years! Seriously, you think Levi would do that just so SL would come and pick him up? That's farfetched..

I think this only means he will need to deal with his past. He will need to face the man who raised him and trained him.

5. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riccaXX View Post
    It doesn't make sense.. why would he choose to live in the underground city, even "adopt" kids to his gang?
    And underground city is a good place if you want to disappear...
    Are you talking about Reeves' murderer/Historia's mother's murderer or Levi? I'm not getting it.

Quote Quote:
    This Ackerman is probably a rich guy and it explains Levi's taste, black tea and cravats.
    So why would he live in the underground city, in the dirt, if he still worked with this man? For years! Seriously, you think Levi would do that just so SL would come and pick him up? That's farfetched..
    Or he could just like black tea and cravats for no particular reason. However you pose an interesting question. The Ackermans could have been a noble, yet impoverished family and Levi was forced to live in the underground city. If Levi is an Ackerman and the Ackermans were impoverished nobles, he as well been a witness of the economical and general downfall of his family. The guy who killed Historia's mother enters the scene and recruits Levi, knowing that the best way to turn someone into a loyal and obedient soldier is to promise him/her what s/he has been denied and the chance for revenge. Levi could've been trained to be a part of the so called "Central" Military Police. Afterwards, Levi goes rogue and joins the SL. Or he pretends to go rogue, attracts the attention of the SL, infiltrates, all under the command of the Central Military Police (VEEEERY unlikely).

However, this is just a hypothesis. I have no evidence to support what I said.

Quote Quote:
    I think this only means he will need to deal with his past. He will need to face the man who raised him and trained him.
    The most likely thing to happen. To be honest, (please don't hate me for this) I want Levi to be a traitor, so that the manga would be more unpredictable.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

no way Levi is a traitor folks, especially after that whole speech he gave this very chapter.

Interesting reveal that he's Ackerman and probably related to Mikasa though and that other Ackerman guy. Since there's already a lot of theories that Grisha/Eren's family is part of an important inner Wall Sina family it's interesting that Mikasa's dad is also from a big shot family and left his life behind to live with his wife on the borders of Wall Maria

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no reason for Levi to screw SL up, apparently Levi and regular SL members like Eren share roughly the same goal, Levi is sick of this walled place as a whole and Eren is sick of titans and people like old Jean. I can't see how there could be something else about him in present except for his last name and interesting past.

My guess is that the Ackerman already knows for sure that it is impossible for amateurs like Reeves to take people from Levi(since he knows Levi too well), so he came with the belief that Reeves betrayed him and that's why he is prepared. Another possibility is that he has vaguely this idea but not 100% sure, so he came without letting Reeves go in the first place, then they found knives from Eren and Historia, it just shows that they were not mistaken.
    Last edited by lolnameless; April 06, 2014 at 10:29 AM.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The more I think about it, the more I think it's as Ricca and lolnameless said.

Levi trained under this guy (and Captain Ackerman possibly adopted him), but came to hate what he was doing (undoubtedly there will be some specific incident that set him off, which we haven't seen yet) and so abandoned the captain to go live underground. That way he'd have gotten used to the comfort and luxury of working under the king, but he ended up choosing to stick by his morals (which yes, I know, have yet to be confirmed) rather than live comfortably. The SL gave him a chance to have the best of both worlds, but he's not afraid to do "dirty work" when he has to, it seems. The way Levi talks about places that "stink" and how the land outside the walls didn't "stink," I have no doubts he's at some point going to say that the lands within Sina stink the worst. (Possibly even worse than the piss stench underground.) :/

btw is it just me or does Reeves not look dead yet? I mean he's surely going to die but the way he's holding his neck even after falling to the ground looks suspicious to me.
    Last edited by kannazuki; April 06, 2014 at 12:38 PM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 56 Discussion/Chapter 57 Predictions

I think it's pretty the way he talks about levi to the merchant (might be depending on translation) it's pretty obvious that Levi and Cpt Ackerman are on bad terms and he abandoned him for whatever reason and went living underground. It might actually be his dad :O.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

When will the bonus chapter be release?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost001 View Post
    When will the bonus chapter be release?
    Bonus pages, not really a chapter - coming with volume 13, in a few days.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Are you talking about Reeves' murderer/Historia's mother's murderer or Levi? I'm not getting it.
    I meant Levi. I have no reason to hate you XD haha, I sometimes wish some other characters were traitors/villains, just because it would have made it more interesting

Seems like everyone is facing their past. Sasha, Connie, Erwin, Historia and so on..
    This arc could have been named The Past arc...

Btw, who is the lady in the background?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys,

Where did you read the chapter ?

EDIT: nvm :P
    Last edited by WIzarDE; April 07, 2014 at 04:03 AM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been wondering about the mystery lady as well. At first, I thought it was Levi but then upon closer inspection I realized it wasn't, thank goodness. :'D

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Could that hooded lady be that mystery woman Historia met as a child, just wondering?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member teiran's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

annie's mom

i don't have much to add to the discussion; their bedheads are powerful; and nifa's daaamn cute; i love hange even more now;
    isayama's sense of humour is golden

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast