Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 56 Discussion/Chapter 57 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 56 Discussion/Chapter 57 Predictions

What plot-twist.

But like everything else with the Survey Corps it will turn out that Levi was playing double game the whole time, and I am sure this is just part of the plan.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ArtIristic's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

What a mouthful this chapter was! Oh, and reports of a recent sunken ship, some were were saddened, others were disturbingly happy

So now that the Survey has lost the link with how to follow their location, everything looks rather bleak, but interesting.
    I feel bad that Reebs had kick the bucked already, and now his son, who just has gotten introduced, has to pickup where his father left off. He may be spoiled, but I don't find him unlikable by any stretch, as he did show compassion for Historia.

Speaking of Historia; First her reaction to being heir to the throne, and then finding out who her murdered mom was so horrible. As if all she's been through already wasn't enough, and I bet this isn't the end for the poor girl. I wonder what kinda person Historia will shape up to be, when she has faced much suffering up until now.
    Now im just itching for when the arrive at the Reiss residence. That's when the toffee really hits the fan.
    And the Ackermann vs Ackermann (vs Ackermann) showdown which will inevitably happen.

Also, what exactly is a Anti-Human 3D Maneuver Gear? Annie surely demonstrated quite nicely how it can be used against a humans, but whatever. Or is it a twisted Dark counterpart?
    〜Nano desu~※☆✕

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting chapter, lots of things going on.

As far as the ackerman thing I doubt levi is actually siding with the military police. The tone of that guy was one of disappointment for the most part. I would find it very weird that levi turns out to be some sort of traitor at this point, his character would just not make sense. I wonder if perhaps a reason for erwin to keep him were his ties to the MP though. It would be weird that erwin would let a spy past him but it would make sense for him to keep it to spy on it as well.

I am not sure the knifes that were given to eren are completely necessary here. Even a slight bit of movement would be enough to allow him to get hurt.... Biting his tongue, scratching himself, getting kicked.... it should not be that difficult to get hurt here. The issue is transforming without killing historia.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Solace Kane's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else think that the bearded guy could possibly be the ape titan? On another note I want to know whats in the basement already...its killing me XD

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ToriLynn's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so does this mean Mikasa and Levi are related?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ToriLynn View Post
    so does this mean Mikasa and Levi are related?
    Same surname doesn't necessary mean they are.. I'm not even sure Levi is related by blood to this Ackerman.
    We'll need to wait and see..

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

We have soon been introduced to every characters past.. I wonder who's next? Any guess?
    We know about Connie, Sasha and Historia. I don't think anything new will come from them.
    So.. Mikasa, Armin, Jean.. Eren's will probably come with the basement and all that.
    And we still don't know anything regarding Hange past, right?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Marc Techie's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

I made an account just to help you guys with understanding the chapter. Some of you seem to not understand it at all so lets get started.

Q: Who's the hooded woman?
    A: A random new character that's following the orders of an important character.

Q: Did Levi Betray the Scouting Legion?
    A: No, you're confused with Levi and the hooded woman, also, the man in the hat is referring to handling the guy he made strong "Levi" his pride, Levi did not betray anyone. The man in the hat saw through the Scouting Legions plan because he trained Levi, and saying it's up to him to handle the situation reason why he said "As I thought" when the hooded woman told him about the hidden blades on Historia and Eren.

Q: Is Levi and Mikasa related?
    A: Yes obviously by her mothers side of the family, it's obvious because the black hair and race. Where people getting the Dad side of the family at? I don't know but this story doesn't take place in japan and anything can happen but I strongly believe they're related through her mothers side.

P.S

Its been five years....

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Solace Kane View Post
    Did anyone else think that the bearded guy could possibly be the ape titan? On another note I want to know whats in the basement already...its killing me XD
    Since the beast titan didn't see the 3d Maneuver gear until he appeared in the chapter we saw him I strongly doubt it's him. However I'm pretty sure in Eren's basement there's just some random guy on the computer.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by riccaXX View Post
    Same surname doesn't necessary mean they are.. I'm not even sure Levi is related by blood to this Ackerman.
    We'll need to wait and see..

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

We have soon been introduced to every characters past.. I wonder who's next? Any guess?
    We know about Connie, Sasha and Historia. I don't think anything new will come from them.
    So.. Mikasa, Armin, Jean.. Eren's will probably come with the basement and all that.
    And we still don't know anything regarding Hange past, right?
    Honestly, I think we're gonna hop back into blood shed but to be honest Jeans past should be next. All we know about his past is, nothing.
    Last edited by Marc Techie; April 07, 2014 at 07:48 PM.
    Just a perfect day

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Techie View Post
    I made an account just to help you guys with understanding the chapter. Some of you seem to not understand it at all so lets get started.

Q: Did Levi Betray the Scouting Legion?
    A: No, you're confused with Levi and the hooded woman, also, the man in the hat is referring to handling the guy he made strong "Levi" his pride, Levi did not betray anyone. The man in the hat saw through the Scouting Legions plan because he trained Levi, and saying it's up to him to handle the situation reason why he said "As I thought" when the hooded woman told him about the hidden blades on Historia and Eren.
    I think some of us thought Levi betrayed the SL because we had the informations one by one with Ackermans everywhere>Dimo is dead>Eren Kidnapped, so some of us started to think that Levi betrayed them, but when you get the full thing you understand easily that Levi will have to face his old mentor.

A: Yes obviously by her mothers side of the family, it's obvious because the black hair and race. Where people getting the Dad side of the family at? I don't know but this story doesn't take place in japan and anything can happen but I strongly believe they're related through her mothers side.
    There should be a chart made: Is your character OP? If yes it's an Ackerman-Reiss-Jaeger related character, otherwise he/she may not survive until tomorrow.

Nice first post and welcome to the forum.

PS: Every single character will be called Monkey Trouble/Ape Titan/whatever name was given to him. Because the fans like this theory.
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like people already made the connection i made about the ape titan

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Also his interest in the 3d manuever gear in chapter 35 plus the guys comments in this recent chapter make me think he is one and the same:

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

After he took the gear he obviously studied it and altered it which leads me to this pic bottom panels:

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Solace Kane; April 07, 2014 at 07:40 PM. Reason: more information

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Solace Kane View Post
    Seems like people already made the connection i made about the ape titan

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Also his interest in the 3d manuever gear in chapter 35 plus the guys comments in this recent chapter make me think he is one and the same:

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

After he took the gear he obviously studied it and altered it which leads me to this pic bottom panels:

Spoiler show

Indeed his face looks like the beast titans making my facts shake up a bit causing me to believe in your theory, but the beast titan acted like he never seen the 3D maneuver gear which has been out when Eren and Mikasa got saved 5 years ago, which was also when Krista's mom was killed by Hat Ackerman, 5 years ago.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Thanks for the welcome.
    Just a perfect day

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed his face looks like the beast titans making my facts shake up a bit causing me to believe in your theory, but the beast titan acted like he never seen the 3D maneuver gear which has been out when Eren and Mikasa got saved 5 years ago, which was also when Krista's mom was killed by Hat Ackerman, 5 years ago.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Thanks for the welcome.
    welcome to the boards marc didnt notice you were a new poster

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I appreciate it a-lot. I normally don't join these things, but Shingeki No Kyojin is by far the best manga I've ever read, and this one release a month thing? It's killing me, so I gotta feed the addiction by interacting with others who share my addiction else I'll be consumed by it and die not being able to read the next chapter and I cannot let that happen.
    Just a perfect day

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I appreciate it a-lot. I normally don't join these things, but Shingeki No Kyojin is by far the best manga I've ever read, and this one release a month thing? It's killing me, so I gotta feed the addiction by interacting with others who share my addiction else I'll be consumed by it and die not being able to read the next chapter and I cannot let that happen.
    I feel the same way haha, and it's fun to try to figure out what's next together with others

Maybe combine bloodshed with probing the past? Isayama kind of did that with Ymir, Reiner and Bert..
    I do think Jean should be next, because Mikasa and Armin are more important characters and Hange.. I don't know. The thing with Jean is he doesn't got a connection to the plot, like the others.
    And this page seems to indicate something..
    Spoiler show

The hooded woman seemed more like an ally (to cut-throat-Ackerman) than a subordinate.. My guess is she is a rich lady with great influence. Maybe part of the cult?

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Ackerman doesn't seem like an "oriental" surname so my guess is it's on the father's side.
    I also get the impression they take the man's surname after marriage, just seems like that kind of culture. We don't even know if Levi is related by blood, he could have been an orphan. It's too early to say anything for sure.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ArtIristic's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riccaXX View Post
    The hooded woman seemed more like an ally (to cut-throat-Ackerman) than a subordinate.. My guess is she is a rich lady with great influence. Maybe part of the cult?

I heard (From Teiran)that she might be Annie's mother; the blond hair, long nose. Being a mother to a Titan Shifter would probably prompt to search thoroughly for sharp objects. Annie could be from the Inner Walls, as we never saw her in the flashbacks with Reiner, Berwick and Berthold, and we never saw her during the Fall of Wall of Maria. She was also so distant to them the whole time, even though they worked together.

Of course it also opens a plothole of how she came to know of Reiner and Berthold, and how she knows the location of the village. Also the whole Warrior thing, which seems more like an outsider thing.
    Of course, the Hooded Lady could be one of the those who invaded the Walls 5 years ago, which would also sweep the above plot hole off the board all together.
    Sending 4(-1) children to eradicate an entire country, and search for 3 very valuable people, seems like a plan akin to shooting yourself in the foot.

I forgot to say welcome. Welcome Marc Techie! Skål!
    I'm the cool one around here.
    Last edited by ArtIristic; April 08, 2014 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Im forgetful. Very forgetful
    〜Nano desu~※☆✕

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

What if Levi was Mikasa's real father? With all the time she called him chibi that would make things interesting.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast