Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 56 Discussion/Chapter 57 Predictions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 56 Discussion/Chapter 57 Predictions

This is my first time writing here, so Hi guys

I'm one one those people that got hooked on the anime first then went about reading the manga. I must have watched the entire anime about 4-5 times and read the manga just as much. So in short, I really like it. That said, I'm not digging the last 3-4 chapters as much. First, it has gotten sooooo slow, almost nothing really happens.

The story was great in creating mysteries and raising questions, but I feel is dropping the ball in giving out some of the answers, as in very little. Also the action gone from a solid 9-10 to almost none in the latest chapters. Anyway, just venting a bit and I still love the story, I wonder if anybody else out there feels the same way.

Take care!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for cleaning up my mess kannazuki.

the8bittuna
    "I'm one one those people that got hooked on the anime first then went about reading the manga."

Me too, i guess the so little action feeling comes from the fact that we got
    34ish chapters in about 24 weeks and now we got one per month.
    But well this chapter builds up to one major action sequence unless
    we assume that Eren doesn't get rescued this time, haha like that would
    happen anyone counted how many times he got captured and rescued?
    and we get an explanation-time at Reiss' Manor instead.

Btw if abilities get passed down through bloodlines there could be a reason
    why Mikasa's family were to be captured - maybe outside the wall
    parties could use them for Titan-shifter creation (high compatibility)
    and those human-trafficking thugs were just a catspaw for them
    or in a simpler scenario to blackmail Captain Ackerman or goad him into
    attacking them.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen the name a few times but I never know who people are speaking about... Who is geographia? Or is that a joke?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I have seen the name a few times but I never know who people are speaking about... Who is geographia? Or is that a joke?
    They're talking about the woman who taught Historia to read and who seems to have similar eyes and features to Historia and Eren. 4chan dubbed her "Geographia" the first time she was seen in the mirror flashback, a few chapters ago. Could've been Mathematica (which I think Beatrice came up with) or Chemistria, but "Geographia" seems to have stuck. Kind of like people calling Nifa "Legout" (get it? ) until her name got mentioned.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

great chapter, so levi is actually related to mikasa, their clan must be pretty strong! furthermore, his teacher is captain ackerman,of the anti-human suppression squad, I can't beleive it there's someone stronger than levi, I hope it's not so.when he was his student, Levi used to be a boaster, but they said he changed after meeting Erwin. I hope erwin will be the one who will kill captain ackerman,then!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Maxby12's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really think Levi is a traitor since the last speech! Also when he first appeared killing a titan he promised he will kill all the titans to a squad companion and being on the military police side won't help him rlly much. I was impressed about the Ackerman surname but it doesn't mean they have direct relation, im not sure... I'd like to see Mikasa's reactions about all this Ackerman secrets

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow I didn't expect Levi's name to be Ackerman(I had to re read the chapter to notice it lol).Are all asians named Ackerman, or is he related to Mikasa? Wow so much possibilities, but looks like someone betrayed the Survey corps, prolly Levi. I don't want him to be the one who betrayed them, but it's possible.
    And is it me or was Erwin's plan unrealistic? Let's say that they manage to find Historia's dad, nothing says that he'll go along with their plan, and they would have to resort to force to make Historia the queen. Either way it seemed to me that the plan was doomed to fail.
    Last edited by ladylola; April 24, 2014 at 06:54 AM.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    Wow I didn't expect Levi's name to be Ackerman(I had to re read the chapter to notice it lol).Are all asians named Ackerman, or is he related to Mikasa? Wow so much possibilities, but looks like someone betrayed the Survey corps, prolly Levi. I don't want him to be the one who betrayed them, but it's possible.
    And is it me or was Erwin's plan unrealistic? Let's say that they manage to find Historia's dad, nothing says that he'll go along with their plan, and they would have to resort to force to make Historia the queen. Either way it seemed to me that the plan was doomed to fail.
    My guess is this is all part of Erwin's plan. He may not have told Pixis/the reader everything.. (most likely not)
    They captured the other MPs to get confirmation on Historia's family, and maybe it was also a way to catch cut-throat Ackerman's attention?
    Erwin's father died a long time ago so Erwin has had plenty of time to probe.. and his plans are usually multi layered.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it is possible I guess that he didn't tell Pixis everything. After all he(Pixis) wasn't very excited about the idea. But even if it is the case, there have to be bloodshed, even if they just have to take out the MP.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't get how people can think that Levi's a traitor :O if you ask me it's pretty obvious

1. He held an emotional speech in front of everyone this very chapter
    2. The way Cpt Ackerman talks about him it seems he was a student under him waaay back (before he went underground and later joined the survey corps) and how he's trouble now for the Monarchie and cpt Ackermann has to clean up this mess himself now.

I like the idea of Erwin using Eren/Historia and Reebs to lure Ackerman out of the shadows though. We know that he's ready to do whatever it takes to succeed.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duc :D View Post
    I don't get how people can think that Levi's a traitor :O if you ask me it's pretty obvious
    Dude, we get this because of how the last chapter ended. He looks like he's leaning on the tree, watching the bad guys do their work. And, he could have been the one to leak that Reeves betrayed them.

BUT, he might not be able to help himself. I doubt that Levi's speech was ingenuine, but it's likely that Isayama ends the chapter with that possibility in people's minds deliberately.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Some readers may have missed it in chapter 56, but levi was seen following them during when the president of the corporation was killed so that he may silently follow them keeping tabs on eren and historia, as well as the fact his son is still alive and may go tell them who they are dealing with. I believe the next chapter will start to reveal the ape titans whereabouts and I also sense a battle coming up with either erwin or levi vs captain ackerman. There is also the matter of the mysterious woman which may not be revealed next chapter. The final concern is if Levi "betrays" them, which I believe he will not do, given his facial expression. Another fact supporting this is that if Levi were working with them, he wouldnt be hiding, as Historia and Eren were both blinded and most likely knocked out, or they could plug their ears if they didnt want to reveal Levi.
    Thats my quick prediction.
    Last edited by 38th Recon Squad; May 02, 2014 at 10:21 PM.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Who thinks that Levi's a traitor? O.o
    He obviously isn't. And I totally agree to your statement.

Thread Closed
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6