Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 67

Thread: The worst part of One Piece so far?

  1. #1
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,445
    Post Thanks / Like

    The worst part of One Piece so far?

    Until a few weeks ago, I thought that One Piece basically had a perfect run.

    - I liked every arcs (some more than other), and every character.
    - The fights were good in both action and sometime cleverness.
    - Oda was always really unpredictable which made things interesting.

    But then... this happened:
    Spoiler show


    This had to be the worst part in One Piece.
    I just HATE how this "fight" ended.

    I think Usopp should have win this fight fair and square.
    He would have made a man of himself and would have shown that he actually grew in those 2 years.
    Instead, for comedy purpose (and honestly, that wasn't even funny), Oda simply threw away any of his character growth...

    -----

    What about you?
    What was the worst part of the manga for you?


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  2. #2
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The worst part of One Piece so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Until a few weeks ago, I thought that One Piece basically had a perfect run.

    - I liked every arcs (some more than other), and every character.
    - The fights were good in both action and sometime cleverness.
    - Oda was always really unpredictable which made things interesting.

    But then... this happened:
    Spoiler show


    This had to be the worst part in One Piece.
    I just HATE how this "fight" ended.

    I think Usopp should have win this fight fair and square.
    He would have made a man of himself and would have shown that he actually grew in those 2 years.
    Instead, for comedy purpose (and honestly, that wasn't even funny), Oda simply threw away any of his character growth...

    -----

    What about you?
    What was the worst part of the manga for you?
    Not sure why you expected Usopp to go head to head with one of Doflamingo's top three when Franky was outside struggling with an underling. Usopp obviously has grown though. He took out his opponent in Fishman Isle with ease.. Doflamingo is just leagues ahead of that (former bounty 300+mil). Lol.

    But to answer the question my least favorite part of OP is Nami's Clima tact. Even for OP logic that weapon makes no sense and is stupid.

  3. #3
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,336
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The worst part of One Piece so far?

    Fishman island was quite good in the end, but the story WITHIN its own arc was a bit anti-climatic and dragged, the Noah thing was not well done for me, I was really hoping that Noah falls on FI.

  4. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The worst part of One Piece so far?

    I dunno why, but wherever the Foxy pirates show up.... I just cant stand those arcs. I guess it's just one for now (a bit more in the anime). I've never enjoyed villains as little as these guys.

    Anyways, I don't think what happened with Usopp and Sugar was anything out of the ordinary with respect to what usually happens with him. I don't think I would even call what happened a fight. What matters is that the desired result was achieved thanks to a comical circumstance (similar to what happened with Perona), and he ended up getting credit just for being at the right place at the right time in the right way (sort of like Buggy during the Marineford war).

    I do remember though that a lot of people did say back in the day that they didn't like fishman island arc. There was also some dissatisfaction with the thriller bark arc at some point. Personally, I didn't think they were all that bad.

  5. #5
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The worst part of One Piece so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    I dunno why, but wherever the Foxy pirates show up.... I just cant stand those arcs. I guess it's just one for now (a bit more in the anime). I've never enjoyed villains as little as these guys.

    Anyways, I don't think what happened with Usopp and Sugar was anything out of the ordinary with respect to what usually happens with him. I don't think I would even call what happened a fight. What matters is that the desired result was achieved thanks to a comical circumstance (similar to what happened with Perona), and he ended up getting credit just for being at the right place at the right time in the right way (sort of like Buggy during the Marineford war).

    I do remember though that a lot of people did say back in the day that they didn't like fishman island arc. There was also some dissatisfaction with the thriller bark arc at some point. Personally, I didn't think they were all that bad.
    I agree. I think b4 we judge what we don't like, we should reread the whole arc in one go. I was not fond of the whole Enis Lobby arc at first as I felt it dragged on, but it is now one of my favorite after reading the whole thing in one sitting.

    I really don't like the Foxy pirates at all.

  6. #6
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member warriorofvirtue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The worst part of One Piece so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Until a few weeks ago, I thought that One Piece basically had a perfect run.

    - I liked every arcs (some more than other), and every character.
    - The fights were good in both action and sometime cleverness.
    - Oda was always really unpredictable which made things interesting.

    But then... this happened:
    Spoiler show


    This had to be the worst part in One Piece.
    I just HATE how this "fight" ended.

    I think Usopp should have win this fight fair and square.
    He would have made a man of himself and would have shown that he actually grew in those 2 years.
    Instead, for comedy purpose (and honestly, that wasn't even funny), Oda simply threw away any of his character growth...

    -----

    What about you?
    What was the worst part of the manga for you?
    it's sad that i still have to say this to people but this is one piece where its not just A beats B because he's stronger(Bleach). people can win fights in ridiculous and mysterious ways. we've seen this time and time again in the manga. just because luffy got massively stronger in 2 years doesn't mean usopp is on the same level. speculating on any fights about this particular manga is almost pointless.
    Rigardo The Silver Eyed Lion King!!!!

  7. #7
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,973
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The worst part of One Piece so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    I dunno why, but wherever the Foxy pirates show up.... I just cant stand those arcs. I guess it's just one for now (a bit more in the anime). I've never enjoyed villains as little as these guys.
    Did you watch or read the Davy Back arc [first]? I will never understand why people could hate anything that included Afro Luffy.

    I could understand some of the hate toward Usopp, if Oda hadn't made it more than clear that he had no chance to begin with. Trebol was just as good of a sniper, had far superior strrength and power and Sugar was cherry on top.

    The worst part was when Oda didn't show us the Fishmen Karate Dojo, no question. :/
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 05, 2014 at 01:33 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  8. #8
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Red Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    France
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The worst part of One Piece so far?

    I did'nt like the fights lately. Don't get me wrong I was always aware that OP was way more "adventure" based rather than "battle"

    The last good fight we've had is Sanji vs Vergo, 2 or 3 meager pages but rather balanced & decent. The problem is that Oda wants to show as much as possible within a chapter, which lead us having lackluster behind the scene fights like Francky/Senor Pink, I would'nt mind getting one chapter only dedicated to a one on one hard fought battle. In term of intensity, the new world has yet to deliver, Sabo vs Burgess wasn't bad either but I'd like to more characters pushed to the limit to see what the NW/Paradise "level" disparity truly is.
    Zettai-Teki Seigi/Absolute Justice

  9. #9
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,539
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The worst part of One Piece so far?

    In this arc, yes that is the worst scene, glad to see someone agree with me
    Overall, I'd say FI arc was the worst one ever, even PH was decent compared to that garbage

    Quote Quote:
    it's sad that i still have to say this to people but this is one piece where its not just A beats B because he's stronger(Bleach). people can win fights in ridiculous and mysterious ways.
    That's the point, Usopp was never better than his opponents in term of strength, speed, stamina etc
    But he's smart, and used their weaknesses against them or tricked them... And Oda showed us Trebol's weakness, and that is fire, and Usopp does have fire attacks in his arsenal
    Last edited by Zehahaha; April 05, 2014 at 01:45 PM.

  10. #10
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kittyseka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The worst part of One Piece so far?

    Foxy pirates was the worst part by far for me… sooo annoying XD (2nd worst would be the existence of Moria…)

    as for usopp vs. sugar… it was usopp's style XD I never liked usopp, but that pic just made me laugh [reminded me of Dee Dee from Dexter's lab when she said "oh what does this button do" - what sugar did was just… reckless]; but I can understand why it's bothering you (especially with all the build up beforehand)

  11. #11
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member RedBerserk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The worst part of One Piece so far?

    Personally I didn't completely dislike the last fights, but the results make me worry that i will never see the end of the story. Usopp shouldn't be such a coward now imo he didn't grow at all, Sanji didn't even put a scratch on Doflamingo, Franky lost... How are they supposed to reach their dreams if they are so weak? especially Luffy who is supposed to compete with people like Blackbeard and Shanks! it either means that they will still have to grow or they will have to find another mean to reach the top, so basically this manga will simply go on and on for who knows how much, plus there are tons of double issues, pauses and what not, i don't like this at all.

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #12
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member warriorofvirtue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The worst part of One Piece so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBerserk View Post
    Personally I didn't completely dislike the last fights, but the results make me worry that i will never see the end of the story. Usopp shouldn't be such a coward now imo he didn't grow at all, Sanji didn't even put a scratch on Doflamingo, Franky lost... How are they supposed to reach their dreams if they are so weak? especially Luffy who is supposed to compete with people like Blackbeard and Shanks! it either means that they will still have to grow or they will have to find another mean to reach the top, so basically this manga will simply go on and on for who knows how much, plus there are tons of double issues, pauses and what not, i don't like this at all.
    he did say that its only half done before the fishman arc started. plus they grew during the first half of their journey. member gear second, diable jamble. they learn throuh defeats and experiences. its not like they have to train for 2 years to get somewhere. sanji learned how to fly because he was running from tranneys. they will grow before we know it.
    Rigardo The Silver Eyed Lion King!!!!

  14. #13
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The worst part of One Piece so far?

    Punk Hazard has to be the worst, even FI seems better by comparison, and it had that dull Otohime flashback.

  15. #14
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    zero division
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The worst part of One Piece so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Punk Hazard has to be the worst, even FI seems better by comparison, and it had that dull Otohime flashback.
    nah I think the Thriller Bark arc was worse.

    I actually liked Punk Hazard--Vergo, LAW slicing punk hazard in half and then threatening to piss off the New World, CC, New world pirates watching Luffy own CC, Smoker, Zoro's epic sword slash on Monet, Aokiji popping out of nowhere, the idea of supernovas creating alliances, Doffy atttacking g-5, and SUPER FRANKY SHOGUN in action.


    Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

    Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

  16. #15
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The worst part of One Piece so far?

    Best thing about Thriller Bark was that it had that dark, mysteriousness to it. Punk Hazard for the most part was boring, and it introduced one or two annoying characters.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts