Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst part of One Piece so far?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The worst part of One Piece so far?

It surely had a lot of running in it, that was annoying paired with little important action aside the Vergo scenes. Beginning and end were pretty good as always.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Did you watch or read the Davy Back arc [first]? I will never understand why people could hate anything that included Afro Luffy.

I could understand some of the hate toward Usopp, if Oda hadn't made it more than clear that he had no chance to begin with. Trebol was just as good of a sniper, had far superior strrength and power and Sugar was cherry on top.

The worst part was when Oda didn't show us the Fishmen Karate Dojo, no question. :/
    I only started reading the manga after Thriller Bark (back then that was the most recent anime episode and I couldn't wait to see what happened next).

I dunno why people are so crazy for Afro Luffy. I know when he was introduced though, he was a big hit among a lot of the One Piece fans. lol To me its like.... how Nami and Robin sees the other strawhats' fascination with robots and beams. Its just the underhanded way of the Foxy pirates just rubs me the wrong way and makes my blood boil in a way that I don't enjoy.

I was really looking forward to seeing the dojo as well and was really disappointed that it wasn't shown. But I can't really call not being able to see it the worst part of one piece just because it might be shown later on (prophecy about Luffy destroying Fishman Island would require they return at some point).
    Last edited by Anduren; April 06, 2014 at 01:04 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The anime version is pure !*?& and is has far tpo much filler and was the worst adaption of an arc so far to me. This is one major reason why I can't take most anime only fans serious, as their impression has to be distorted by the different depiction of events, pacing and filler material etc. Do yourself a favour and reread it, it's pretty short [303-321] after all. It fit perfectly into the humor that was needed at that time, a breather inbetween the bigger arcs and it had the introduction of Kuzan following it up [same arc].
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 06, 2014 at 02:10 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The anime version is pure !*?& and is has far tpo much filler and was the worst adaption of an arc so far to me. This is one major reason why I can't take most anime only fans serious, as their impression has to be distorted by the different depiction of events, pacing and filler material etc. Do yourself a favour and reread it, it's pretty short [303-321] after all. It fit perfectly into the humor that was needed at that time, a breather inbetween the bigger arcs and it had the introduction of Kuzan following it up [same arc].
    I agree... I didn't notice that big of a difference between the manga and anime at 1st but watching the more recent ones is akin to mild torture. One of these days I will have to take some time to read the whole thing from beginning just to know what I've been missing and what stuff wasn't meant to be there (fillers) in the original story, at least from before I started reading the manga.

However, I dunno how badly the foxy pirates themselves must've been mischaracterized in the animation that I would go from "cant stand them" to "that wasn't so bad" when it's their actual character personalities that I can't stand and not the arc itself. Hence the statement:

Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    I dunno why, but wherever the Foxy pirates show up.... I just cant stand those arcs. I guess it's just one for now (a bit more in the anime). I've never enjoyed villains as little as these guys.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

They were the villains, you are not supposed to like or stand them.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They were the villains, you are not supposed to like or stand them.
    Villains aren't there specifically to be hated by the audience. There are plenty of villains that are likable as characters as well as those that we may love to hate. And its kinda irrelevant whether I'm supposed to like (or stand) them or not.

The topic is what "the worst part of One Piece so far" is. And opinion is still opinion. I don't quite understand what's wrong with having such an opinion? Considering that "the worst part" is a subjective matter to discuss. But I think we may be going a bit off topic here...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Especially, the way they totally messed up Luffy's Grizzly magnum in the anime--which pissed me off, since it was no where near the manga version.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Worst part of One Piece?
    Vivi not joining.
    + Marine Ford Arc kinda bored me.

Davey Back Fight & Foxy was awesome! loved it so much, I hope they encounter somebody like foxy in the new world, who challenges the strawhats
    Last edited by Spenzi; April 08, 2014 at 04:55 AM.
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama IMO:
    Kin'emon / Momonosuke / Rebecca / Bellamy / Ceaser Clown / Mancherie / Leo / Wicca / Kanjuro / Bartolomeo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well this is why, Oda is the best at writing his epic masterpiece, One Piece. Sure, of course, he could've ended this current fight with Ussop going head to head with Trebol or Sugar or the both of them and guess what....it would've been predictable, boring and uninteresting. However, the way this fight did end, the way it was written out and drawn is all part of Oda's styling of his art and One Piece.

Therefore, Oda's imagination just proves why, he's one of the best in the business and not coping out for an quick fix or easy thrill. That's the genius behind One Piece, it's unpredictable and that's why, people keep reading it month after month.

Actually and this isn't trolling against you or anything, but the idea of this forum period is the worst part of One Piece.

Deuces.

"I did battle with ignorance today and ignorance won".

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Foxy and the Davey Back Fight was the worst part of the series. The arc was silly, pointless, and kind of boring. Foxy was an annoying character.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Fishman island. Easily. Davy Back never pretended to be more than a transition arc but fishman island wasn't. A fishman island arc was foreseen years ago and Oda missed big time. Ennemies were as crappy as possible leaded by an arlong on steroids. The only hyped character was able to withstand Luffy's punch just to be absolutely ridiculous with everything afterwards. Sanji started his "I'm strong but I'm also a useless liability" gimmick which is started to get on my nerves. And Oda even wasn't coherent with the size of the island and had to do a correction in the next chapter. To top it all, the most boring character officially joined the crew: Jinbei. Fortunately, he didn't join immediatly. Even Oda must wonder: "What the fuck am I going to do with Jinbei as a strawhat ?"

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly guys, I think these two post time skip arc has been a complete waste. Sure I'm glad he got into an alliance with Law, but the villans were too weak, they're fresh off from powering up, I wanted to see just how strong they are when they're serious. I'm glad there's a giant battle being built up now.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way, what was the purpose of Davy Jones arc again? I always thought it was filler...

Pre-time skip: I did not like Thriller Bark--it felt like a Halloween filler arc.

Post-time skip: I didn't like Fishman Island arc, since 1) Hody's endurance made luffy look weak. 2) Way too stretched out 3) it felt like a maximized version Arlong arc--which I thought was annoying to begin with. 4) I thought it was unrealistic how no other super rookies were at fishman island. 5) it felt a bit childish.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It worked as a distraction from the big stress they had between Skypia and the other big Saga of Water 7 & Enies Lobby. It let the Strawhats band together, fight for each other and at last worked as a prologue to W7/EL, introducing Kuzan and did show us the massive gap between Luffy and the top fighters of the marines.

I have to say that it's pretty sad that so many do expect every arc to be serious, when the chapters inbetween the bigger arcs present some of the best of the series, showing interaction between the crew only.
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 08, 2014 at 08:54 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    By the way, what was the purpose of Davy Jones arc again? I always thought it was filler...

Pre-time skip: I did not like Thriller Bark--it felt like a Halloween filler arc.

Post-time skip: I didn't like Fishman Island arc, since 1) Hody's endurance made luffy look weak. 2) Way too stretched out 3) it felt like a maximized version Arlong arc--which I thought was annoying to begin with. 4) I thought it was unrealistic how no other super rookies were at fishman island. 5) it felt a bit childish.
    That was the first arc the Strawhats almost got completely annihilated.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast