Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The worst part of One Piece so far?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee-tyme7's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The worst part of One Piece so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Samui View Post
    Or maybe you were hyping it too much, because until they finally arrived there we only got information about the mermaids' beauty, the dojo and the Mermaid Cafe. That's all. Plus it wasn't even as bad as people make out of it, unless it's people who wanted the Strawhats to have real battles. I'm not saying it was flawless, however. It had its faire share of flaws. The flashbacks could've been done better, for example. Oda rushed them at times. The characters were good (Tiger, Otohime, Neptune, Van was hilarious) and Hody was excellent for what Oda intended him to be. A villain such as him was fresh, and we've never gotten someone like him until then in One Piece.
    I dunno, I just imagine there were more to Fishman Island than what we got. We didn't get to see all of the island I think. I was hoping FI would be grand like the Atlantis city in the little mermaid. I have no problem with the fight scenes. I love that the Straw-Hats were owning Hody's crew and army.

Love is like a hurricane.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ruki92x's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

for me it was ace's death that was the worst.
    i really didnt like it at all, ace was one of my favs in one piece
    Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, let’s never break up.
    Oh my lady, lady, lady, lady, lady, I truly love you so much.
    Shawty, shawty, shawty, shawty, shawty, I choose only you.
    My tears and that little smile comes from you.

- Super Junior: From u

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe someone can explain this to me but the worst part of one piece to me is the goddamn breaks n the fact that their country has 360 holiday breaks a year, i seriously do not understand why they can not put out at least 2 manga's a week, i mean how hard can it seriously be to write on avg 36 pages a week, its not like each page has an abundance of writing needed, besides the many breaks that it has oda said himself he only thought OP would last a couple years and its been like 15 now, i mean 1 a week is arguably pathetic. i dont know if he has much help writing and i understand oda wanting to keep everything in his own hands probably, but he can get some help with the drawing or whatever is needed to help put out more then 1 a week, and with all the breaks its prob less then 1 a week, i mean its a cartoon its not getting real people together, im pretty sure luffy and zoro dont go on vacation in real life ha, anyway sorry for the long rant its just been pissing me off with all the breaks and the fact that i been watching/reading for so many years and it feels like a waste sometimes because its been so long, land the thing that pisses me off more then anything is when i wait a whole week or 2 if there is a break and the damn chapter is exactly like the last one, like knida how naruto ship is doing rt now with the anime if the fact they are retelling everything we already know, i mean my god they r actually showing how team 7 came together again but thats another story for another time

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phillySH View Post
    maybe someone can explain this to me but the worst part of one piece to me is the goddamn breaks n the fact that their country has 360 holiday breaks a year, i seriously do not understand why they can not put out at least 2 manga's a week, i mean how hard can it seriously be to write on avg 36 pages a week, its not like each page has an abundance of writing needed, besides the many breaks that it has oda said himself he only thought OP would last a couple years and its been like 15 now, i mean 1 a week is arguably pathetic. i dont know if he has much help writing and i understand oda wanting to keep everything in his own hands probably, but he can get some help with the drawing or whatever is needed to help put out more then 1 a week, and with all the breaks its prob less then 1 a week, i mean its a cartoon its not getting real people together, im pretty sure luffy and zoro dont go on vacation in real life ha, anyway sorry for the long rant its just been pissing me off with all the breaks and the fact that i been watching/reading for so many years and it feels like a waste sometimes because its been so long, land the thing that pisses me off more then anything is when i wait a whole week or 2 if there is a break and the damn chapter is exactly like the last one, like knida how naruto ship is doing rt now with the anime if the fact they are retelling everything we already know, i mean my god they r actually showing how team 7 came together again but thats another story for another time
    That's not a valid complain. I'd rather deal with a week break every so often than Hiatus x Hiatus for months without any idea when it'll be back.

Worst part of OP is its horrible, drawn out flashbacks that last too long. There are only very few flashbacks I actually liked.
    Last edited by Josef K.; May 06, 2014 at 10:21 PM.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Until a few weeks ago, I thought that One Piece basically had a perfect run.

- I liked every arcs (some more than other), and every character.
    - The fights were good in both action and sometime cleverness.
    - Oda was always really unpredictable which made things interesting.

But then... this happened:
    Spoiler show

This had to be the worst part in One Piece.
    I just HATE how this "fight" ended.

I think Usopp should have win this fight fair and square.
    He would have made a man of himself and would have shown that he actually grew in those 2 years.
    Instead, for comedy purpose (and honestly, that wasn't even funny), Oda simply threw away any of his character growth...

-----

What about you?
    What was the worst part of the manga for you?
    Wot,what, No way he wins F&S. The worst part in OP is the repetition. An example, Luffy fought Luccie 2 times maybe more. Luffy Fought Croc. 3 time or more. Luffy fought Inel 3 times. Luffy fought DD 2 times till now I'm counting the final match which had not happen. Luffy got defeated in the war more than once. and the paper when he lost and ace died because of it, that was for me the worst part.

Losing the paper is my worst part. but the one that comes in #2 the repetition.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phillySH View Post
    Great.
    If other professionals would take as many breaks as the mangakas then the world would have stopped. And there are people working way harder than the mangakas and they don't take one day off.Let alone a week. I mean imagine if the doctors/hospitals would only open once a week? Or the farmers only work once a week? Where would we be right now?

My complain:
    Raleighs reaction to Ace's death. Raleigh shed tears for Wb and not for his former captains son let alone anyone of the Roger pirates took part in the war. Great friends that Roger had in his crew. No wonder Roger chose Garp as Ace's foster parent.

WB never lived up to his strength and hype. Actually none of the WB commanders did.

Magellan getting off-screened.

The whole thing with the different titles such as WSM or worlds strongest swordsman even though the ones carrying it are not really strongest.

Luffy needing a blood-donation. If this is legit Zoro should be dead by now seeing how much blood he looses every fight.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Lasix's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    Great.
    If other professionals would take as many breaks as the mangakas then the world would have stopped. And there are people working way harder than the mangakas and they don't take one day off.Let alone a week. I mean imagine if the doctors/hospitals would only open once a week? Or the farmers only work once a week? Where would we be right now?

My complain:
    Raleighs reaction to Ace's death. Raleigh shed tears for Wb and not for his former captains son let alone anyone of the Roger pirates took part in the war. Great friends that Roger had in his crew. No wonder Roger chose Garp as Ace's foster parent.

WB never lived up to his strength and hype. Actually none of the WB commanders did.

Magellan getting off-screened.

The whole thing with the different titles such as WSM or worlds strongest swordsman even though the ones carrying it are not really strongest.

Luffy needing a blood-donation. If this is legit Zoro should be dead by now seeing how much blood he looses every fight.
    Uhm I'll be working in this field in the future and I think this comparison is a little too harsh.
    But I'm glad to see a few other ppl share the same frustration as me.
    I really hate, hate and hate this slow ass story progression. I started reading this almost when i started watching the first episodes appearing on TV.
    I was a kid back then and now I'm about to graduate from university -.-
    One part of me just wants to know how all this went down and how it ended and this part wants it as soon as possible.

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5