Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Plot-holes in One Piece

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Plot-holes in One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    What? where did you get this from?
    Oda said so in an sbs it seems. He said that he wanted the power levels to be clear for the people. So he drew whitebeard and other characters bigger.

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

Ohh wait...that isnt a plot hole is it... My bad. Sorry.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not a plothole, but I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We know white beard used haki when he attacked akainu, because he hurt the fuck out of a logia

yet his fists never turned black

plothole? Nah oda just never drew black haki at that point

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Don't be surprised if it is revealed that Rokushiki is just another name for CoA. There have been many hints of that: Rokushiki can damage Devil Fruit users; Tekkai is very similar to CoA Hardening; Sentomaru using physical attacks from distance like CP9; many characters said to use Haki are seen using Rokushiki techniques, such as Vice-Admirals or Sanji.
    Rokushiki is not Color of Armament, it's a combat style, which might have some haki incorparated into it due to formidable strong characters that have lot's of experience.

Geppo is clearly no haki technique, Soru is using speed, Kami-e is controling the body, Rankyaku is using speed and is therefore using the physical formula of force being mass multiplied by acceleration.
    ____

Depicting characters as big highlights their importance, but it doesn't represent their strength, as there are enough normal sized characters to show that they don't need to be big to be strong.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know its a dumb question at this point but I do this has been the biggest thing that bugs me about OP...I'm sure it'll get explained later but still...
    Spoiler show
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

He is alive just like Batman at the end of Rises.

There is the plot-hole with Crocodile seeing Mr. 3 body floating on water, while it should have drowned sunk. Oda has kinda of admitted this already...
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner VAArmOOs's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spenzi View Post
    Before timeskip: Chopper has to use 1 rumble ball to normal transform & 3 for monster point
    After timeskip: Chopper has to use 0 rumble ball to normal transform & 1 for monster point

he trained and got better in those 2 years
    I don't know if I'm interpreting your answer wrongly or if your answer is incomplete, but before Time Skip Chopper coul transform into 3 froms at will, without rumble balls. With one rumle ball he had 4 additional forms: guard point, jumping point, horn point and Arm point.
    With 2 rumble balls he would lose control of his transformation and with 3 he would transform into the ultimate zoan form "Monster point".
    Last edited by VAArmOOs; April 24, 2014 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Idea repitition

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member desin24's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Since, unlike other mangas, One Piece doesn't have too many errors in the storyline, it shouldn't be hard to list all flaws.

===//===//===

Moriah's zombies: during the battle in Marineford, Moriah took the shadows of several marines to place in buried zombies. However the marines whose shadows were taken didn't die in the sunlight as expected. Plus it was early estabilished that his devil fruit doesn't create zombies, but these bodies are made by Hogback, while they were standing on the sea frozen by Aokiji (also the salt in the water would purify the zombies).

Chopper rumble ball: In chapter 605 Chopper ate a rumble ball to transform in guard point. However it was later estabilished that he doesn't require a rumble ball anymore to transform, except for monster point.
    IIRC Oda said in an SBS that Chopper ate candy and not a rumble ball.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_66
    Last edited by desin24; April 29, 2014 at 03:22 PM.
    "Let me teach you the Hungry Dog Eat Shit Kick" Wu Geng

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

an interesting fact about what many consider a One Piece plot hole about how Pell survived the bomb blast at the end of Alabasta Civil War ...

Pell's devil fruit ability is Tori Tori no Mi (Model : Peregrine Falcon) .. and his epithet is Pell The Falcon (Hayabusa no Peru) and also known as the strongest fighter in all of Alabasta

and now for the real world facts ...

The Peregrine is renowned for its speed, reaching over 322 km/h (200 mph) during its characteristic hunting stoop (high speed dive), making it the fastest member of the animal kingdom.
    According to a National Geographic TV programme, the highest measured speed of a Peregrine Falcon is 389 km/h (242 mph)
    Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peregrine_Falcon) & (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_flight_speed)

this is how Pell survived that huge blast ... i hope this is shared to others also ...

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

while they were standing on the sea frozen by Aokiji (also the salt in the water would purify the zombies).
    That is hardly a plothole. Ocean water usually has around 3,5% salt and sea ice less than 10% of that (around 0,3% salt), which is not part of the crystalline structure of the ice, but trapped inside of the ice. We saw with Oars, that the amount of ice plays a role... and the zombies are standing on the ice (probably/hopefully with shoes, otherwise the skin of their feet would probably stick to the ice) and aren't ingesting it...

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

-Kizaru being able to destroy the key of Ace's handcuffs while fighting WB but failing to shoot down Law's ship
    -Kizaru going after the key instead of Luffy's head with his laser. I mean what is the more difficult target? A key or a head?
    -WB taking everything easy until Ace gets killed. I mean his crewmates were being murdered left and right but he only cares about Ace. What the hell?
    -Law aiding Luffy. But this will most likely get explained as the story unfolds.
    -Shiliew joining BB even though it should have been the first time they met each other.
    - WB not using CoC haki to knock out the fodder soldiers to reduce the enemy's number.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    -Kizaru being able to destroy the key of Ace's handcuffs while fighting WB but failing to shoot down Law's ship
    -Kizaru going after the key instead of Luffy's head with his laser. I mean what is the more difficult target? A key or a head?
    -WB taking everything easy until Ace gets killed. I mean his crewmates were being murdered left and right but he only cares about Ace. What the hell?
    -Law aiding Luffy. But this will most likely get explained as the story unfolds.
    -Shiliew joining BB even though it should have been the first time they met each other.
    - WB not using CoC haki to knock out the fodder soldiers to reduce the enemy's number.
    6 points and not 1 is an actual plot hole.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    • Keys could very well be made out of different material and likely are. Missing the shop was plot convenience, happened before, happened again later.
    • Again plot convenience to make it more exciting, why muder Garps grandson like that?
    • He cared for all of his kids, he and everyone else knew that their would be many casualities on their own side. Creading tsunami waves wasn't serious enough? He also wasn't able to break the wapometal and had to wait for Oars Jr to open up theirway.
    • Was already explained, he gave his reasoning right there, as he found him interesting and now some more when he was interrogated by Doffy.
    • What have you been reading all those years? OP is full of people joining others after only one meeting. It was the same situation for Zoro...
    • Whitebeard was never confirmed to have CoC or control over it.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    • Keys could very well be made out of different material and likely are. Missing the shop was plot convenience, happened before, happened again later.
    • Again plot convenience to make it more exciting, why muder Garps grandson like that?
    • He cared for all of his kids, he and everyone else knew that their would be many casualities on their own side. Creading tsunami waves wasn't serious enough? He also wasn't able to break the wapometal and had to wait for Oars Jr to open up theirway.
    • Was already explained, he gave his reasoning right there, as he found him interesting and now some more when he was interrogated by Doffy.
    • What have you been reading all those years? OP is full of people joining others after only one meeting. It was the same situation for Zoro...
    • Whitebeard was never confirmed to have CoC or control over it.
    -Whitebird does have Kings haki. Here the proof:
    http://mangahelpers.com/t/cnet128/releases/18949
    Maybe you missed it cause mangastream and mangapanda translated the first page of chapter 570 wrong.

-( Shilliew)It is difference that someone who hates and enjoys killing pirates then joins a pirate crew.

- Why does Oda let things get there. I mean he could easily have avoided it by not making Kizaru shooting lasers at all at the scafford.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

He loves killing, joining up with Teach allows him to kill anyone that they meet up. He obviously will mostly kill pirates as they take over pirate territories.

Oda simply increased the tension by destroying the keys. Not sure why you keep harping on that part.

And wasn't Luffy shot by him once IIRC.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast