Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Ping Pong

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ping Pong

Ping Pong
    Genre: Sports
    Production: Tatsunoko Productions
    Director: Yuasa Masaaki
    Starring: Katayama Fukujurou and Uchiyama Kouki

Makoto Tsukimoto (nicknamed Smile) is a quiet high-schooler who's been friends with the loud and energetic Yukata Hoshino (nicknamed Peco) since childhood. They're both in the local table tennis club and both have a natural talent for it, although Smile's personality always prevents him from winning against Peco. The club teacher, however, notices Smile's talent and tries to make him gain some sportive tenacity.

New From the Director of The Tatami Galaxy (Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei), Kaiba, and Kick-Heart. Based on the manga by Matsumoto Taiyou, the mangaka of Tekkonkinkreet.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ping Pong

Wow the animation and art style really goes well with this ping pong and several of the scenes to add emphasis to their hits was really good.

Wenge and Smile need to play, wanna see if Smile can help save him.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The art... I had no problem with it when watching the PVs but I would need some time to get used to it, still it's better than XXX Holic's.

This episode was excellent, I like the characters. I wanted to see Smile beating Peco but I guess it will happen later.

Maybe he'd be more combative if you break his PSP .

---------- Post added April 17, 2014 at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was April 11, 2014 at 07:46 PM ----------

Koizumi-sensei is "in love" . Everybody is trying to awaken the Hero inside Smile, even himself subconsciously.

Great episode again. I am used to it now but the only bad point of this anime is the art, everything else is perfect. Definitely one of my favorite anime of this fall.
    Last edited by Demonspeed; April 11, 2014 at 12:48 PM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

How can an adaptation by Matsumoto go wrong? Well I suggest all that enjoy this anime try the manga as well.

I found this lovely:

Makes me wonder how his other stuff would feel animated.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Why isn't this show more popular? Just becauseof the art? Amazing character development for many characters, fabulous soundtracks etc. This anime is the best of this fall for me.

---------- Post added June 05, 2014 at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was June 01, 2014 at 03:15 PM ----------

Fantastic episode again, way to go smile! Peco's speech at the end was great. Akuma's s quitted ping pong, I wonder if China has gave up or if he will try his chance next year. Peco will win for sure but I don't see how he can rival with Dragon's reflexes or Smile's analysis for now.

---------- Post added June 12, 2014 at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was June 05, 2014 at 08:19 PM ----------

EPIC.

Dragon is saved, I loved his smile . Peco literally weaponized his love for ping-pong. Peco's theme is great but not as good as the others.

I am not sure how they will end all this with only one episode.

---------- Post added June 19, 2014 at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was June 12, 2014 at 09:56 PM ----------

Smile shed tears .

The flashbacks were more important that the match itself. With that "blood tastes like iron" Smile confirmed that he was indeed human

I like how it concluded the little subplots like the Wanderer and his love for Ping-Pong . Peco became the best Japanese player and Smile a teacher, way more cheerful than before. Kazama is single, I wonder why .

Akuma is happy and Kong is a top player, I would have liked to know about him though.

Great ending to a great series, the soundtracks are also among the best I've heard, 9/10.

New Reply