Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Looking for an artist to either do Commission work or work with me in creating the art for my amateur Manga

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for an artist to either do Commission work or work with me in creating the art for my amateur Manga

Hey guys and gals! The names PumpkinHead, and I am having some fun writing a story I've dubbed, Beyond Our Song.
    Here's some deets.

Beyond Our Song: General Themes: Fantasy, Super power, Action, Love Story
    Background: The setting for BOS takes place on both Earth, and the "other" world, which I've dubbed Yggdrasil. This other world is responsible for keeping our world alive; it is the life force behind all living things. There are beings that inhabit this world that control supernatural powers such as lightning, fire, and water, similar to Avatar, but less martial arts, and more raw power and natural talent. These, Silians, are divided up into three main Factions.
    La'Tempête (Lightning): One of the Founding factions, and considered to be one of the most powerful. Known for their speed, ranging from visible movement to near teleportation. Have full control over lightning. Royal family can create lightning with no medium, and can be identified by their Birthmark*.
    Vulkan (Fire): The other founding faction, and is considered La'Tempêtes' rival. Responsible for the main defense force of Yggdrasil against the corruption. Most war mongering of the 3 factions, see themselves as above the others in both strength and ability. Can empower themselves to increase physical performance, as well as make familiars out of flame. Royal family can make fire with no medium, and can be identified by their Birthmark*.
    Xuánwō (Water): Can control ice for war, and water for healing. Neutral party. Responsible for medicinal duties. Can be trained either in the way of the Ice(fighting), or the way of the Water(healing). It is a naturally very defensive birthright*, but those proficient in the way of the Ice fight on the front lines with the other soldiers.

*Birthmark: A marking/tattoo unique to each faction. Members of the royal family have it on them at birth, and proves that they are members of royalty (i.e. descendants of the original Silians)
    *Birthright: The power that was bestowed upon them at birth (lightning, fire, water).

~Each clan has power over their respective elements, each with unique properties and traits, as well as life style's. They live in separate sections of sort, but each one is centered around Yggdrassil. Each clan has a royal family, in which the head of each family is a part of the Triumvirate, a group of individuals who govern over Yggdrasil and defend both it and the human world from the Corruption*. Next to no knowledge is known about the corruption; it simply seeks to destroy and control all life. The clans fight this corruption using the powers they possess.

Each member of this society has a partner. These partners were decided upon birth, and were chosen by Yggdrasil itself. When you come of age, your power is unlocked, and you can find your partner by seeking out the song of their heart. A Silian can only hear the song of the one destined to be with them, everyone else sounds like static. Music is going to be a prevalent theme throughout the story.

*Corruption: An evil force residing in an unknown location. They only show'd up relatively recently, and no one knows why. They are fighting the Clans in an attempt to corrupt the world tree (Yggdrasil). They are directly responsible for disease and illness in the human world, and when they come in contact with the tree, they imprint themselves into the tree and escape to the Human world, cause great misfortune. There are different classes. Some possess people, controls their actions. Others become disease, natural disasters, etc.

Intro to the Story: We find ourselves with the heir to the La'Tempête clan, struggling to find her way. She is the only child of the royal family, and as such has a huge responsibility on her shoulders. Unlike other Silians, she has yet to find a partner by the age of 19. This is un-heard of, and forbids her from truly being the heir. Silian's are defined as a species by their pairs. Her being seen as a disappointment by her controlling father, and an outsider within her species, the pressure to live up to the expectations of everyone weighs heavily on her shoulders. She has one more year to find her partner, or else she loses her rights as an heir, and it will be given to relatives out of the main family. After an argument with her father, she leaves Yggdrasil and travels to the human world, which unless you have a specific reason, is normally forbidden. But in the process of this "alone time", she finds something she wasn't quiet expecting. Someone who had no song. Everyone who lives has a song, whether you can hear it or not. You hear the song of your soulmate, and nothing but static for everyone else. But who is this human, and why doesn't his heart sing?

~Main Characters~
    Revelry "Zaps" La'Tempête:
    Height: 5'6"
    Hair: Brown, with dirty blonde highlights Eyes: Green
    Race: Silian
    -Daughter and sole heir to the La'Tempête clan, and as such has had her whole life planned out before hand. She, for some reason, has been unable to find her partner, and is seen as a complete disappointment by her controlling father, the head of the La'Tempête clan and member of the Triumvirate. Independent and strong willed, but treats her people with kindness only second to her mother the Queen.

Silas Holway:
    Height: 5'11"
    Hair: Black Eyes: Midnight Blue
    Race: Human
    -Average young adult who is very bright, but school was never his thing. College-dropout who doesn't know what to do with his time. Very laid back and easygoing, and always considered friendly. Waiting for something to give him a purpose and drive to live. Works out in his spare time. Lives alone, Mother and father passed away due to an unknown illness(or accident, haven't decided yet) and inherited their extensive fortune, living off of that. Has only one close friend who knows his history. Drives a motorcycle as a cry out for adventure and excitement in his mundane life. But under the easygoing exterior, is a man who cries out for purpose. Losing his family at 14 impacted him immensely. He always hated others worrying about him, so he hid his inner self from everyone around him behind a mask of an easygoing boy. He no longer knows how to live normally, and after years of hiding himself, his heart has gone silent to the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So those are the two main characters. I have plans for about 15 more, as well as the general plot for the first two arcs.

And for those interested. Here's the script for
    ~~~~~~~~~~~ Chapter 0: Prelude ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ P.S. (flashback is meant to be a humor moment)
    La’Tempete District Palace Julius walking down the main hall towards his room •
    To Himself: Where the hell has that girl gone?
    Get’s to his room and opens the door, seeing his wife sitting in the window reading
    Julius: Have you seen our daughter? I cannot find her anywhere.
    Marie: What have you done this time?
    Julius: We had a small argument. I was simply telling her to stop acting like a child and instead like the heir to royalty that she is.
    Marie: It’s never “simply” with you. You are always too hard on the girl. She’s at an age now where you can no longer dictate her life. She’s only recently independent, and she will act her role in time. You must be patient.
    Julius: She is our only heir! If anything should happen to us she would be thrown into a position she is not mentally ready for. She has yet to find a partner, while most children find theirs at age twelve, fourteen at the latest. But 19 years old? She cannot rule without a partner, it’s against our code.
    Marie: True. But again, you must show patience. Everyone finds their partner.
    Julius: I can only be so patient. The corruption grows stronger. We have been able to keep it in check, but the Silians are getting worried. They look to the royal families for protection. If we cannot be united as a family, how can we be united as a people? Not to mention the shame.
    Marie closes her book and puts it aside
    Marie: Our daughter wakes up every morning and travels around the kingdom listening. How do you think she feels walking around day after day for seven years in search of her song? Do you think she does not realize how important it is to our family? How important it is for her own life? They are the other half of us. We are defined as a species by our pairs. She’s walked alone longer than anyone. What she needs is our support, not our disapoi-
    A knock on the door cuts her off
    Julius: What is it?
    Royal Guard A: Sir. You told me to bring it to your attention whenever we had an unauthorized travel to the Human world.
    Julius: Come in.
    Julius waves his hand at the door, and it slowly opens
    Royal Guard A: Good afternoon your grace. (Bowing diligently at Marie; She nods back)
    Julius: Report.
    Royal Guard A: Approximately 30 minutes ago, Revelry La’Tempete opened the Storm Gate and traveled to the human world.
    Julius: What?! Why didn’t you stop her?
    Royal Guard A: Yes..well…
    ~~~~
    Flashback to the guard questioning Revelry about her business in opening the Storm Gate
    • Revelry’s eyes glow with the power of her birthright and her mere presence makes the guard flinch
    • Revelry: Stand aside.
    • Royal Guard A: (Bowing low immediately) My sincerest apologies princess. I did not realize who you were. Please be safe in your travels.
    ~~~~
    Royal Guard A: She’s scary...
    Julius puts his head in his hand, Marie turns her head to Julius
    Marie: Small argument?
    Julius: That little…
    Royal Guard A: Shall I send Isaac to fetch her?
    Marie walks over and puts her arm through Julius’
    Marie: Patience.
    Julius sighs deeply
    Julius: No. Let the girl be. Maybe after a couple of days she will have some sense. If she does not return soon, I will drag her back myself.
    Royal Guard A: As you wish your highness. If you’ll excuse me.
    Julius nods at him and the guard bows and disappears from where he stood with only static in his place
    Julius looks at his wife
    Julius: Why do you allow her so much freedom? She is to be Queen. There is still much she needs to learn.
    Marie: True, but we all need time to ourselves, for sanity's sake. You drown her in responsibility, she never has a chance to live.
    Julius: Her life is to be future Queen, and nothing else. We will talk about this later.
    Julius leaves the room, the doors slamming behind him.
    Meanwhile…..
    Revy is sitting on a bench in the local park drinking coffee.
    A motorcycle whips by and catches her eye for a moment.
    She stands, and walks towards the subway.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Type of Work I am looking for: Entirely up to you. What are you best at? What interests you the most?
    -Character Designs
    -Cover Pages
    -Settings and Places
    -Action Scenes
    -Manga Panels

-Or you could be that lone soul out there who wants to actually work with me in creating this manga because of its (or at least what I think its) potential could be. That's a whole different ball game, and we can talk more on that if you are interested.
    Last edited by Yo Pumpkin Head; April 09, 2014 at 08:13 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for an artist to either do Commission work or work with me in creating the art for my amateur Manga

What sort of commission work are you looking for? character designs?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for an artist to either do Commission work or work with me in creating the art for my amateur Manga

Yes, but that doesn't have to be the only thing. If you aren't good at drawing people, then you can draw places and settings. If you want something more artsy? Cover pages. Don't like the characters shown? I have about 15 more you can select from. I have all the ideas, I just need someone to make it a reality. It's much easier to plan and write a manga when you have faces and places that aren't just blurry images in your head.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hello i would be willing to work with you in creating your manga and i am pretty reasonable with commissions if you are still interested in an artist u can contact me here or email me at derick38115@gmail.com
    Last edited by mugenx; April 10, 2014 at 08:37 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey sorry, I've been very, very busy of late, so I haven't had time to respond or check on this post. I love that you are interested, so if you could send me some examples of the style of your work, maybe we can work something out.

---------- Post added April 29, 2014 at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was April 17, 2014 at 03:24 PM ----------

Bump! Will always be looking for more help on the story! Even if you have advice or criticism, let me know what you think!

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested, here are my drawings
    Last edited by zerh; June 04, 2014 at 07:53 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I sent you a pm!

New Reply