Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: the dark rift

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

the dark rift

i think the dark rift is the barrrier to the other world and i think some of these "humans" are actually monsters like the fanalis are... i think solomon just gave everyone a human form in the new world to avoid any potential beef... the people who cant use magic are the "others" while the people who can are descendants of the humans from alma torran which is why there are "goi" and magicians. if you think about it the djinn let goi use magic, but only one type, just like the other creatures cause they only had access to one through the staffs

i have to go to work but i just wanted to get this out of the way before i head out. what do you guys think?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: the dark rift

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone View Post
    i think the dark rift is the barrrier to the other world and i think some of these "humans" are actually monsters like the fanalis are... i think solomon just gave everyone a human form in the new world to avoid any potential beef... the people who cant use magic are the "others" while the people who can are descendants of the humans from alma torran which is why there are "goi" and magicians. if you think about it the djinn let goi use magic, but only one type, just like the other creatures cause they only had access to one through the staffs

i have to go to work but i just wanted to get this out of the way before i head out. what do you guys think?
    In chapter 222 the great rift is shown back in Alma Torran.From the early translation it seems that it's a place that's in an unfinished state inside the world created by Illa where the law of physics don't apply, even light can't get in, hence why it's always dark in there.It's not connected to another world it seems.In Alma Torran it was inhabited by the Fanalis(who have another name) and the original dragon.When Solomon created the new world he had the same dilemma as Illa, and decided to let the place unfinished(that's lazy if you ask me). Just like in Alma Torran the Fanalis live there, as for how they're able to take a human form, Solomon must have granted them that power to avoid for them to be discriminated by humans.I doubt that other species live there, the closest thing to the other species in the new world is the household members who got assimilated.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a spoilers thread for spoilers, don't we.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    It's been one chapter. Lets revisit this issue when the first volume is out and we actually have an idea of where the story is going? Though I guess my suggestion will probably fall on deaf ears and if/when it is cancelled, the 'I told you so' crowd will pop their collars in misguided and unfounded praise of themselves. ....Just another day in the WSJ thread I guess.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    In chapter 222 the great rift is shown back in Alma Torran.From the early translation it seems that it's a place that's in an unfinished state inside the world created by Illa where the law of physics don't apply, even light can't get in, hence why it's always dark in there.It's not connected to another world it seems.In Alma Torran it was inhabited by the Fanalis(who have another name) and the original dragon.When Solomon created the new world he had the same dilemma as Illa, and decided to let the place unfinished(that's lazy if you ask me). Just like in Alma Torran the Fanalis live there, as for how they're able to take a human form, Solomon must have granted them that power to avoid for them to be discriminated by humans.I doubt that other species live there, the closest thing to the other species in the new world is the household members who got assimilated.
    sadly they still wound up being used/discriminated .... its amazing that the strongest race could be made into slaves

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I agree with your theory for the most part thread starter, I think for whatever reason Solomon's laws force non-humans to take human form and assimilation with a metal vessel removes that law the further you assimilate. And actually the Fanalis didn't inhabit the great rift in Alma Toran, I'm pretty sure they lived on another continent far from the church. And I don't think either Illa or Solomon were lazy regarding the great rift, because as we learn the nature of Illa it's becoming implied that Illa isn't capable of laziness. Illa may not even be capable of any thought at all, so the great rift may be something Illa has little control over and it may simply exist as a borderline between the endless number of worlds that even Solomon could not deal with. I recently played a game called Bravely Default in which there was a great chasm that linked infinite parallel worlds together like a massive interdimensional tunnel and that's sort of what I think the great rift in Magi is like in a sense. I don't know why the Fanalis are there now, but by the time this arc is over and if we do see them, it'll probably be not only clear why but also clear what the great rift is for.
    Last edited by obamamania; April 21, 2014 at 02:26 PM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Magus Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REN KOUEN View Post
    sadly they still wound up being used/discriminated .... its amazing that the strongest race could be made into slaves
    Hardly, Solomon neutered them. He took away their fangs and claws, and though its not 100% certain they likely had very tough hides. In the New World they are simply super-strong humans, but in the Old World they were the paragons of Survival.

...and considering their natural attitude (read: homicidal) its was probably for the best (at least for the humies).
    Don't look for easy answers to difficult questions.
    Truth is often hiding in plain sight, we are blind to see it.

New Reply