Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jesus-Naruto? Kyuubi Sage Mode Eyes?

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesus-Naruto? Kyuubi Sage Mode Eyes?

This is just a quick question to consider. Anyone here notice that Naruto's eyes are shaped like a cross (like the one Jesus had to carry and was also crucified on) and the series of events happening to Naruto that led up to this point, mirror the life of Jesus somewhat? Could we possibly predict the outcome of Naruto due to these implications?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jesus-Naruto? Kyuubi Sage Mode Eyes?

The Cross-shaped pupils were shown when Naruto confronted Nagato's actual body, when he was in Sage Mode and got Nagato's rod launched into his stomach. Naruto's pupils then took on Sage Mode pupils and Kyuubi's pupils and combined them into Cross-shaped pupils. This is certainly not the first time, as I remember also seeing it few chapters ago. I think this is an indication that Naruto has truly become a Sage in terms of body since he can combine natural energy and Kyuubi's chakra together without any hint of frog appearance.

I doubt Naruto will mirror Jesus in any way, other than charisma and spreading peace. But I don't believe in Jesus or god or whatnot, I think Jesus was just a normal man who knew what to say and do. But Jesus had opposition, while it looks like Naruto's opposition is Madara.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a major plot point during the Obito fight, which makes me doubt that you being a reviewer have forgotten that already, so my answer is no. What this series doesn't need is another parallel to another legend/fictional story. Creativity, try it once Kishimoto.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member raoniluna's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the first chapters I see Naruto = Jesus, after he fought Pain I was almost sure of it, and now that Kishimoto used the "forbidden tree" myth, like in Genesis, I'm kind of 99% sure that Naruto = Jesus
    But, of course, he represents mythologies heroes/gods too

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I must be missing something, exactly what about Naruto's life mirrors that of Jesus? I couldn't think of any major events that are comparable between the two.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think people generally mean a messiah-like attitude and feel. Not actual similarity in deeds.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I figured there were some events that someone believed were parallels, particularly since the question that is asked is if we'd be able to make some predictions about Naruto's future from Jesus' fate. Otherwise, it's just a matter of references to some sort of saviour, or redeemer, something which is easy to find in any number of tales. The fact that Naruto has been given a peer, of sorts, would put it closer to those that have used brothers as heroes rather than a singular saviour. Considering that there aren't any existing comparisons, in terms of actual events and outcomes, or to be honest, even teachings, it would seem to be strange to think that Jesus' story would have some implications here. Jesus' end game was to be crucified, revived, and ascend to heaven; that doesn't seem like an outcome here, or even something that could be remotely useful as an indicator or guide. It seems even stranger when the basis is the cross-shaped eyes, which exist for a reason, one that we're aware of.
    Last edited by Impossibility; April 13, 2014 at 08:14 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

IF Naruto is Jesus like person, then who's Sasuke?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member raoniluna's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the Twelve that betray him, a Judas probably, however I'm still deciding if Sai is the Judas among the 12 disciples of Naruto...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killy-.- View Post
    IF Naruto is Jesus like person, then who's Sasuke?
    No one. It was only naruto who was said to be the destined child or the child of prophecy.

Well, I agreed to someone who said that Sasuke is probably JUDAS. That fit him very well.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    No one. It was only naruto who was said to be the destined child or the child of prophecy.

Well, I agreed to someone who said that Sasuke is probably JUDAS. That fit him very well.
    I mean...Obito did refer to Sasuke as Judas in one of the translations back when Minato sliced him.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    It was a major plot point during the Obito fight, which makes me doubt that you being a reviewer have forgotten that already, so my answer is no. What this series doesn't need is another parallel to another legend/fictional story. Creativity, try it once Kishimoto.
    I was right. Proof? Naruto made Kakashi a new eye...which mirrors something that Jesus was able to do in his life time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    I mean...Obito did refer to Sasuke as Judas in one of the translations back when Minato sliced him.
    A poor translation taking extreme liberties, no doubt. As far as I'm concerned, the cross shape is just a coincidence. It's what happens when you combine the vertical pupils of a fox with the horizontal pupils of a frog.

Naruto healing Kakashi's eye is hardly an allusion to Jesus. It's actually a fairly common thing for messianic figures -- even Buddha healed a blind man.

And yes, Naruto is clearly a messianic figure, so parallels are of course going to be found to Jesus, and other such individuals.

The "tree of knowledge" or "tree of life" is a recurring theme in the mythology of various civilizations and cultures throughout history.

In Naruto, the most relevant iconography relating to the Divine Tree is probably the Bodhi Tree and the Sacred Lotus.

The Bodhi Tree is the tree under which the Buddha achieved enlightenment; he meditated beneath it, was faced with temptations, and overcame them.

The Sacred Lotus appears in many Indian religions including Buddhism and Hinduism, and has been explicitly referenced several times already. The Gedo Statue was seen sitting atop a lotus blossom sitting in the lotus position, for example, and the roots of the stem of that lotus is what the various Zetsu incarnations have been grown from. The Divine Tree actually resembles a lotus more than a tree, with a single blossom atop a long stem.
    Last edited by Suzaku; May 25, 2014 at 11:22 PM.

15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post

Actually there isn't just one child of prophecy. The Great old Sage said, when Nagato died: "they".

This could mean that Sasuke, could also be part of the prophecy.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    Actually there isn't just one child of prophecy. The Great old Sage said, when Nagato died: "they".

This could mean that Sasuke, could also be part of the prophecy.
    The old Toad Sage was talking about Nagato when he stated that there were two Children of Prophecy.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; May 26, 2014 at 12:58 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast