Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buggy Army vs Usopp Army?

Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Buggy Army vs Usopp Army?

Yeah it's a troll thing .... but come on ITS HAPPENING! Oda can be sensed he is pulling a counter balance to Buggy Army in Usopp, remember how SH always face Shichi? Well they will face Buggy at some point.

My point is do you think such a clash will be done in a serious or comedic way. Comedy is there, but knowing which people they have on each team:

Buggy: Impel Down prisoners, Mr. 3

Usopp: Don Chinjao, Arena fighters and EVEN CAVENDISH LOL!

It's not far fetched that these guys might duke it out in a serious way.

Discuss! o/

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buggy Army vs Usopp Army?

More like they would ally together haha!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Buggy's gonna be an ally ever forward, I think*, if still perhaps comic relief. So IF Usopp retains some leadership over this army post arc (which I doubt will be the case, though I'm sure they'll promise "forever-gratitude") AND runs into Buggy with them, I can only imagine some kind of friendlier Davy Back fight going on while smarter people (uhhhhh.... Robin & Sanji w/ Mr. 3 & Alvida, maybe?) talk alliances, hiding alliances from the WG, plans for the future, etc.

*Evidence: Luffy got him out of Impel Down, Luffy helped him get famous/his current position by involving him in Impel Down, Mr. 3 acted very heroically at Marineford, the prisoners (now Buggy's crew) are grateful to Luffy, Buggy liked Ace, and, my #1 reason I expect Buggy to be entirely** in Luffy's corner - Luffy gave him the map to Captain John's treasure.

**Caveats: The World Gov't could have brainwashed or blackmailed him, the map to John's treasure might have been a bust/trap, and he's so egotistical he might only credit himself for his good fortune, and blame Luffy for any bad fortune.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Buggy's is probably a lot bigger now, so we can't really say. Plus, Ussop's army is mostly corrida fodder, who aren't as special as Impel down criminals with decent bounties

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    Buggy's is probably a lot bigger now, so we can't really say. Plus, Ussop's army is mostly corrida fodder, who aren't as special as Impel down criminals with decent bounties
    IMO Buggy is evolving in the NW, making you right when you say he is bigger now. And maybe (but that's really not sure) a little bit stronger himself since he joined the Shishibukai. But you can't say Usopp's army is corrida fodder, at least not entirely.
    First, there are Marines, Governments officals and Nobles who have been freed thanks to him. I don't think they'll join Usopp, but Dagama, Elisabello or other King could offer him wealth and military power (IMO the Marines & gvt officials will simply return to their base and will make a new bounty for Usopp).
    Second, I don't think that the criminals of Impel down (and they are not even from the 6th level) are stronger that figthers from the New World. And really not against Chinjao (who made Luffy use gear 3rd) or Cavendish, and also some guys who'll be really strong.
    Sugar's power is so strong that she could have transformed all the WB crew if they were not paying attention..

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Buggy's prison army is from level 2 I think, they all should be as strong as Mr.3, who is by no means weak, but he is not stronger than Don Chinjao or Cavendish.

Those two will not follow Usopp like Buggy has his follow him, but the Usopp Army will come in handy at times, and that is when they will gladly be of help, first thing is first, it's time for them to help on Dressrosa.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Buggy's prison army is from level 2 I think, they all should be as strong as Mr.3, who is by no means weak, but he is not stronger than Don Chinjao or Cavendish.

Those two will not follow Usopp like Buggy has his follow him, but the Usopp Army will come in handy at times, and that is when they will gladly be of help, first thing is first, it's time for them to help on Dressrosa.
    I thought Buggy's army was a mix of prisoners from all levels (minus 6, maybe 5), since they created havoc and freed people on multiple levels (like Daz Bones) on the way back up... Am I misremembering?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, there are a mix of levels. It was mentioned that amongst Buggy's followers there were some fearsome pirates from the lower levels. Of course, these powerful pirates are apparently idiots, but pretty powerful nonetheless. He probably has a few gems amongst his following; they aren't monsters like the level 6 prisoners, but enough to get him a Shichibukai position.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Usopp should not be underestimated .. if like Buggy he uses his "army" to deal with problems in a few arc we can see some chemistry there. Like Buggy recruited them at Impel Down but they were SOMEWHAT useful in Marineford, and well continue to be till this day.

No doubt the "Usopp army" will help Usopp and the SH crew in this arc, question is how will the "army" work when the leader sets sail with his leader.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to say how powerfull the prisoners that espaced with Buggy are, but it had more to do with their numbers than power.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ipoopshootingstars's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought that the usopp army was more poke fun at how usopp always said he haid a group of 8000 followers behind him...
    Yes it hurts

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopshootingstars View Post
    I always thought that the usopp army was more poke fun at how usopp always said he haid a group of 8000 followers behind him...
    Yes, and now he has, be careful for what you wish for in One Piece, but here I think we can discuss if this is just a temporary thing or LIKE Buggy he gets his followers to follow him everywhere.

Tho, if they can't go everywhere with him, I suppose Oda will not just leave them exclusive for this arc, as all Op characters they will appear again, SOMETIME! :P

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shojin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it Ussop's army will crush Buggy's army without too much problem.
    **THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT**
    Project
    and Thread (UPDATE 7/5/14)
    **THE SHIZURU KUWABARA: REIKIBUKI STYLE PROJECT**
    Go here (UPDATE 05/23/12)
    My Shadow Blossom fanfic (Ch.4 is up!)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ipoopshootingstars's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

His idea was short lived. It was quashed in the following chapter....
    Yes it hurts

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopshootingstars View Post
    His idea was short lived. It was quashed in the following chapter....
    They can always redeem themselves at the end of the arc .. which is a a nice set up, for them to learn the true nature of Doflamingo, who will double cross them without a doubt once again, so they may turn to Usopp yet, remember Dofla fears Usopp the most, so him with his army in the end like God against Dofla will be interesting to see, depends on if the "army" are smart enough to realize or will they be like the marines, turning a blind eye to the situation.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast