Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Human Auction Game - Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Human Auction Game - Discussion Thread

So, since Liar game has resumed now I thought I'd create a thread to keep track of thoughts about the new arc.

So, Yokoya is still showing his incredible knowledge of the Liar Game System and Fukunaga is in debt - it's all coming down to this!

Also, anyone else find it interesting that Yokoya picked the first place (and got second) and Akiyama picked and got last place in the ghost lottery thing?

EDIT: Didn't notice the new chapter discussion stickied - can a mod delete this please?
    Last edited by Kazu-Sama; April 15, 2014 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Needs deleting!

Epic Brofist!

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game - new game thread

It's okay for this thread to stay as it is, chapter discussions are limited to one chapter, this however can be used to discuss the whole game an implications of past chapters as well. No need to delete this thread. I'll just rename it. Human Auction Game discussion.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Human Auction Game - Discussion Thread

Wait a second - if someone is bought all the money placed on the bid goes into their account, right?

So what's to stop player 1 bidding a majority of his cash on player 2, which then gives player 2 enough money to outbid anyone to get player 3, and so on.

Obviously only Yokoyo and Akiyama are going to attract massive bids as trust, but if people want to avoid being knocked out so desperately surely that's what they need to do to get a massive majority?

For instance, in the last chapter I read Yokoya had been bought for 300mil, giving him a grand total of 600mil. Now, if he buys Nao for 10mil as he had bid, he still has 590mil left to guarantee the buying of Akiyama, since with 5 rounds nobody is going to bid pre-Akiyama.

It's a pretty big exploit people can use to guarantee a place or even key players if they go quickly enough. Had anyone been alert to this, they could have bought player 1 - the rock star - when he came up, and got him to guarantee Yokoya...

Am I missing something or does this make sense?

Epic Brofist!

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, the loophole is without a doubt there, question is are the first two out of the game already? Or I am having this gut feeling that Akiyama will buy the first ones for some reason, I think he will also buy that girl who was talking about Fukunaga, basically Akiyama will try to save everyone from the outside, Nao from the inside.

Depends tho if Yokoya places that girl on Akiyamas team as a traitor, neat stuff ahead all in all.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner theruleofflaw's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

With all that bidding war, the group who has Akiyama has a chance to win. I thought that the one who was saved by Fukunaga was greedy but what she did is just right. Its not set in stone that she can win against Yokoya and her chances was low so it was the right decision for her to quit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the best thing for Akiyama to do is to bid on someone right before Yokoya and then bid 300 on Yokoya and 300 on Nao. But well, eh.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

New Reply