Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52

Thread: Hint of Soul King being an Enemy!

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    562
    Post Thanks / Like

    Hint of Soul King being an Enemy!

    Hi folks,

    Perhaps I'm wrong, but look at the following pages...

    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/577/7

    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/519/17

    Now, it might just be me, but the soldiers who responded to the command to protect Yhwach in chapter 577 look an awful lot like the soldier reporting to the Soul King in chapter 519. If you look carefully at the one reporting to the Soul King, you can see the signature white hat complete with a black peak; I'm 99% sure this guy is wearing the Vandenreich uniform!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hint of Soul King being an Enemy!

    A cleaner scan shows the person talking to the Soul King has a mouth:
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...3-page-18.html

    While most of the Soldat we've seen look like this:
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...5-page-19.html

    I don't think there's enough to conclude anything, to be honest.

  3. #3
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hint of Soul King being an Enemy!

    I don't think they look the same. The ones that responded to jugram seem to be soldat, nothing else while the one that responded to the soul king is just some guy. We can't really know what color clothes the guy with the soul king has... Even then, what would this mean? That the shinigami's god is besties with juhabach? It would make the war pointless.

  4. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Ukraine
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hint of Soul King being an Enemy!

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think they look the same. The ones that responded to jugram seem to be soldat, nothing else while the one that responded to the soul king is just some guy. We can't really know what color clothes the guy with the soul king has... Even then, what would this mean? That the shinigami's god is besties with juhabach? It would make the war pointless.
    Yhwach fights Gotei, not the Soul King. Maybe there's a conspiracy against Soul Reapers, and SK wants Gotei removed? Let me go get my tinfoil hat.

  5. #5
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hint of Soul King being an Enemy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    Yhwach fights Gotei, not the Soul King. Maybe there's a conspiracy against Soul Reapers, and SK wants Gotei removed? Let me go get my tinfoil hat.
    How is fighting the gotei 13 any different from fighting the king though? The king does not get involved much but he is the ultimate authority in SS and his existence absolute. In this particular case the information we have points towards the king being what legitimizes the gotei 13 and the chamber 46 (to whom the king leaves the ruling of SS). More so, the royal guards made the point that they were sent to SS specifically by the king. Every bit of cannon information we have points towards the royal guards actually being servants of the king who follow his orders and their very skills are in some way or another meant serve him. Healing worthy of the king, food worthy of the king, swords worthy of the king, clothes worthy of the king.... The entire point of the royal guard training was that the gang would receive training worthy of the king of souls. The only scenario in which the king is an enemy or something of the sort is one in which every single person so far has been lied to or has lied regarding the king and its role. The only hint we have at there being something weird about the king is aizen's comment at the king being a thing however that does not necessarily point towards the king being an enemy. If anything it does not even make sense that the king is an enemy... An scenario in which he is not in fact friendly with shinigami suggests more than anything that the king itself is a prisoner and the royal guards his jailers. However that would be weird considering the royal guards would appear to be tasked with healing, nourishing, arming, clothing and naming the king.

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Ukraine
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hint of Soul King being an Enemy!

    Well yeah, those are the exact implications. If SK indeed turns out to be a bad guy, that means Gotei will be betrayed by him, and maybe Squad 0 too. Not sure how that can work, but some people want SK to be the final villain badly, so...

  8. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Africa and America.
    Country
    South Africa
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    926
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hint of Soul King being an Enemy!

    I noticed on the volume cover for Bleach #49, Ichigo is wearing a Wandenreich uniform underneath his coat. I don't know, if that has anything to do with his Quincy heritage or his future with the Gotei 13.

    p.s., I almost forgot, Kubo slightly showed the Soul King.

    "I did battle with ignorance today and ignorance won".

  9. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Eternal Winter Palace
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    809
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hint of Soul King being an Enemy!

    People who want SK removed: Bach & Aizen, maybe Ryuken too.

    Urahara wants the BEST ruler, right now SK might or might not be the best one.

    Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

  10. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Ukraine
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hint of Soul King being an Enemy!

    Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    People who want SK removed: Bach & Aizen, maybe Ryuken too.
    Does Ryuken even know SK exists?

  11. #10
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hint of Soul King being an Enemy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    Well yeah, those are the exact implications. If SK indeed turns out to be a bad guy, that means Gotei will be betrayed by him, and maybe Squad 0 too. Not sure how that can work, but some people want SK to be the final villain badly, so...
    If RG are so strong, there is only few SRs that could stand up to them. Plus, SRs are at big disadvantage when it comes to numbers. 5 RGs, Vizards, Kuukaku, Ganju, 3 FBs, 12 fighters in G13 who could stand a chance against SR, Ichigo, Inoue, Chad, Grimmjow, Nel, Urahara, Yoruichi, Isshin, Aizen, possibly Hallibel after she gets rescued. Add it and you get like.. 41? We have like 27/28/29 SRs, including Ishida. Ichigo will probably fight like 3-4 of 'em. One for showcase of abilities, second is Ishida, third is Yhwach. So it's basically it's 43 vs 29. Despite plot-induced stupidity of Vaizards they still have Bankai and Hollowfication, that is a huge boost to their speed and power, and they should be able to easily handle SRs, just like Kenpachi. But noone Hollowfied, 2 of 'em are said to be dead

    But if RGs were enemies, it'd be much more balanced... Ichigo's next fight is Soul King, considering he probably wouldn't fight and noone would be a match other than super hax human/Shinigami/Fullbring/Hollow/Quincy hybrid, who can become the King of Souls, as he's everything you can think of. 43-5 vs 29+6, thus 38 vs 35, seems better. (subtracting 5 from SS forces as I don't think SK would have to fight if he wasn't the bad guy).


    @Edit: Meh, I wrote Ishida would fight 3 guys, Ishida included. Ishidaception.

    Maybe we'll get Uryu and Ichigo (both avenging their mothers) against Yhwach, just like we have Sasuke and Naruto vs Madara.
    Last edited by Duniak; April 21, 2014 at 10:50 AM.

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #11
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hint of Soul King being an Enemy!

    Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    I noticed on the volume cover for Bleach #49, Ichigo is wearing a Wandenreich uniform underneath his coat. I don't know, if that has anything to do with his Quincy heritage or his future with the Gotei 13.

    p.s., I almost forgot, Kubo slightly showed the Soul King.
    http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...gent_Cover.png

    It looks like his school uniform underneath. But the winter coat (in hindsight) looks like a huge hint to him being a Quincy.

  14. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    562
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hint of Soul King being an Enemy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    If RG are so strong, there is only few SRs that could stand up to them. Plus, SRs are at big disadvantage when it comes to numbers. 5 RGs, Vizards, Kuukaku, Ganju, 3 FBs, 12 fighters in G13 who could stand a chance against SR, Ichigo, Inoue, Chad, Grimmjow, Nel, Urahara, Yoruichi, Isshin, Aizen, possibly Hallibel after she gets rescued. Add it and you get like.. 41? We have like 27/28/29 SRs, including Ishida. Ichigo will probably fight like 3-4 of 'em. One for showcase of abilities, second is Ishida, third is Yhwach. So it's basically it's 43 vs 29. Despite plot-induced stupidity of Vaizards they still have Bankai and Hollowfication, that is a huge boost to their speed and power, and they should be able to easily handle SRs, just like Kenpachi. But noone Hollowfied, 2 of 'em are said to be dead

    But if RGs were enemies, it'd be much more balanced... Ichigo's next fight is Soul King, considering he probably wouldn't fight and noone would be a match other than super hax human/Shinigami/Fullbring/Hollow/Quincy hybrid, who can become the King of Souls, as he's everything you can think of. 43-5 vs 29+6, thus 38 vs 35, seems better. (subtracting 5 from SS forces as I don't think SK would have to fight if he wasn't the bad guy).


    @Edit: Meh, I wrote Ishida would fight 3 guys, Ishida included. Ishidaception.

    Maybe we'll get Uryu and Ichigo (both avenging their mothers) against Yhwach, just like we have Sasuke and Naruto vs Madara.
    Good prediction! I reckon Yhwach will serve as the penultimate antagonist, who will be fought by Ichigo and Uryuu, but ultimately defeated by Uryuu. The Soul King will serve as the final antagonist...
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

  15. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    790
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hint of Soul King being an Enemy!

    I don't think the Soul King will be an enemy as such, but I suspect that something about him will make it hard for Ichigo to agree with him. Maybe his existence requires some kind of sacrifice, like maybe he sustains himself on souls for example, but keeping him around prevents Soul Society from crumbling so it's the way it has to be. It's like with SS in general, SS did and still has done a lot of things Ichigo wouldn't agree with, like massacring citizens of Rukongai to keep the balance of souls in check, but he still fights for them. When it comes to the SK, I can't see Ichigo deferring to the likes of Aizen and Yhwach as alternatives. He'll probably have to come around to Urahara's thinking unless some other means for completely changing the system presents itself. Because really what would be the point if things went completely back to normal at the end of this? That's essentially what happened when Ichigo lost his powers and he hated it.

    But hell, who knows, if Kubo really wants to shake things up he might even have Ichigo tearfully executing the Soul King because it really is for the best (ala Jesse at the end of Breaking Bad season 3). I don't ever see him sitting on the throne himself though.

  16. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Africa and America.
    Country
    South Africa
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    926
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hint of Soul King being an Enemy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post
    http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...gent_Cover.png

    It looks like his school uniform underneath. But the winter coat (in hindsight) looks like a huge hint to him being a Quincy.
    yeah, that's what I meant. I notice the buttons were similar on Ichigo's coat to the Sternritter uniforms. I wonder if, it's possible for Ichigo to be controlled by Ywhach and be turned into a Sternritter.

    "I did battle with ignorance today and ignorance won".

  17. #15
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hint of Soul King being an Enemy!

    Well, there is a little juhabach within ichigo although if juhabach could really control ichigo he would already be doing it. Ichigo inherited a bit of juhabach from her mom although it does not seem like juhabach really exerts that much influence over ichigo. It makes sense, ichigo has not gotten a letter which would make for a stronger bond which would perhaps actually grant greater control over ichigo. I guess the big question in this regard will be whether juhabach actually has control or influence over the people with pieces of his soul.

    Anyways, seeing how the manga has developed I doubt more and more that the king will eventually be seen as an enemy. Originally there was ambiguity in regards to the nature of the war. It actually started with a shinigami saying that shinigami and quincy were both fighting for justice hence why the thing was a war. In this regard the issue is not simply being right or wrong, the issue is that shinigami and quincy are incompatible and there is no room for coexistence between them. However the manga has IMO progressively backed away from this ambiguous area and has taken the time to portray the quincy as plain evil. We have hardly seen quincy who are not murderous assholes or otherwise insane. I mean, bambieta killed a guy she had sex with for no reason whatsoever other than perhaps getting off after getting off, bazzb seems to be insane and is indifferent to his comrades being defeated, gremy threw a meteor at the world.... And so on. Juhabach wants to bring in some sort of apocalypse.... The lot of them are outright insane and so far there is not a shred of humanity in a single one of them. In other words the manga went from ambiguous in regards to stuff to outright showcasing the quincy as unjustifiably evil. Its not like kubo went with a difference between their cultures or values, he went with the quincy being evil and left no grey area whatsoever. Now, there obviously are a few shinigami who are not precisely good however at least the mayority of shinigami are within their context carring beings capable of hurting for their comrades. So far the insane shinigami are limited to mayuri, kenpachi and unohana.... In turn the sanest guy in wandenreich is about as crazy as any of those 3. Juhabach then goes on to being indifferent to his subordinates and cannot be bothered to cared about their deaths and even profits from it. More so, juhabach needs the world to remain in perpetual war for him to survive. As things are once he wins he is going to take measures so that the world will be forever in a state of war so that he can live forever.

    Lets assume the soul king is evil. So what? If the soul king is evil then it does not mean the quincy were right or anything of the sort. It simply means that the number of enemies increased. It simply means ichigo has to kill not only every quincy except for his friend but also the soul king. The king being evil won't justify juhabach's actions....

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts