Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Do you like Sheba as a character?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 91.30%
  • No

2 8.70%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Sheba appreciation thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

The Sheba appreciation thread

So I felt the need to make this thread, since Sheba is becoming more and more one of my favorite characters in the Alma Torran arc, and one of the best female characters in Magi. Her evolution from the first time she was introduced, to what she is now is astonishing. She went from a creepy kid who's been brainwashed, to one of the most loyal followers of Solomon, and she will evolve again in the future(if indeed she is Gyokuen)
    I gotta confess, I hated her when she was introduced.What she said and did wasn't acceptable for me.Even her eyes were empty
    Spoiler show

But when she was introduced properly to the other species, and felt that they were no different than humans,she started regretting her ways, especially after she felt responsible for the death of Momo's father.
    Spoiler show

And 5 years later, she became a beautiful young woman and a badass magician who fights for Solomon's ideals.She falls for him, although she also wants to be like him, which can be a bad thing, because she will only be disappointed when he rejects her love or he changes
    Spoiler show

I know that the arc is far from over, and that something will happen that will make her betray Solomon, but still I think she's one of the best characters in the series. So do you guys like her as a character?
    I couldn't help myself not to post this awesome compilation of Sheba and Gyokuen's shots
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by ladylola; April 16, 2014 at 06:57 AM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Sheba appreciation thread

I loved Sheba from the first time she was introduced. The thing that I didn't liked about her is that way of thinking she has towards the non-human creatures. Well, its only natural for her since she was thought wrong lessons in life. Now that she had already changed her mind and opened her heart for the non-human creatures, add the fact that she grew really well, my love for her grew stronger.

I can't say if she'll be my top favorite females of Magi, but she's definitely on the list Along with Arba, Yamu, Morgiana, Hakuei and Ren Gyokuen.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I learnt there are peolpe who don't like Sheba...
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Why isn't the poll public? We have to know who is the soulless one to not like Sheba.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    It's been one chapter. Lets revisit this issue when the first volume is out and we actually have an idea of where the story is going? Though I guess my suggestion will probably fall on deaf ears and if/when it is cancelled, the 'I told you so' crowd will pop their collars in misguided and unfounded praise of themselves. ....Just another day in the WSJ thread I guess.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok I know that what I'm gonna say might be something that could be considered heretic, but Sheba is similar in a way to Mor. Let me explain how. First both were liberated by their benefactors. Mor was a slave, and Sheba was a tool used to power the Gunuds. Either way Mor was saved by Aladdin and Alibaba, and Sheba was saved by Solomon and co. Second they both feel gratitude and maybe love towards their benefactor, the latter I'm not sure of in Mor's case. And then there's the fact that both want to be stronger to help that person who helped them, and because of that things might end up badly. Sheba is completely fascinated with Solomon, which will only make her hate him more when she falls into depravity. And Mor wants to be stronger, and for that she considers being assimilated, although I'm not sure if a Fanalis could do that.But I'm not saying that their end will be similar. I don't see Mor falling into depravity at all.
    Well I hope that my theory isn't too controversial.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Zoro Zoldyck's Avatar
    Country
    Iraq
    Post Thanks / Like

Defiantly liking her, and I wanna know what happens to her in the future

Magi, Naruto, One piece , Hunter x Hunter , Fate/Zero, YuGiOh

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member minette's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like her that much. I tend not to care much for characters like her to be honest
    Her love story with Solomon has been going a bit too long for my likning too

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Lovemagi's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I love her from the bottom of my heart. I just remember when she was introduced and I was like "who is this empty kid and why she has the moon staff?" And now knowing her better amd how much she has grown etc.. My love for her doesn't have words but only feelings! :'D

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol I kinda miss the fanatic Sheba. She was funny sometimes. I'm sure we'll get to see her again. I just wonder if we'll get some of those creepy expressions that Gyokuen does. I remember in Magnostadt, and even before when she faced Hakuryuu, she creeped the hell out of me.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

So I made the voting/voters on public. But no Bashing okay?... Let's make this an interesting thread for our lady Sheba
    (yet even if this is an appreciation thread, there were some that doesn't really like her. Oh well, can't please everyone, ne?)

Now that Sheba has grown into a fine(?) and beautiful lady, I loved her even more. Though, maybe the thing that I didn't like that much in these past chapters is that her progress, also the plot progress, tends to be slowish at some point. But still, I think its necessary for Sheba's character development. before she would become Gyokuen

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for making the poll public. I was gonna ask but I forgot
    I guess that some of us are bound to dislike Sheba, but if only they bothered to say why they dislike her.She's a good character overall, and I find her more likable than Arba for example.
    Still I'm glad that someone even bothered to say that he doesn't like her, because it shows that they care even it's just a bit.
    Last edited by ladylola; May 11, 2014 at 07:27 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Lovemagi's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I actually didn't know someone could not like her. XD
    And I also like Sheba a bit more than Arba but I can't deny that I love Arba, she is very lovely.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member minette's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

she has been meh the last couple of chapters. I dislike how her entire character orbits around Solomon. At the moment she's nothing more than Aaddin's future mama and Solomon's waifu.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah she's become rather dull lately, maybe it's all those hormones that makes her stick to Solomon even more. But I really can't wait for her to turn into Gyokuen, although the probability of this happeing is becoming slimmer every chapter. But God those expressions Gyokuen makes, imagine our lovely Sheba making the same.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it because the story is more focused on Solomon now? In the previous chapters her love for Solomon was used to develop her character, it's over. Now that they are a couple and all she can do nothing but support him in their situation.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast