Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2) , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Division 0 captains are really big douches

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Division 0 captains are really big douches

So the guy who made all the Asauchis. He said he can pinpoint their location all the time.

It didn't occur to him to notify others that the stolen Bankais are still within Soul Society right beneath the 13th squads' feet?

Or that Aizen's zanpakuto was still active while everyone else was under the impression that he was dead (and ergo the zanpakuto is also dead) during the Rescue Rukia arc?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Division 0 captains are really big douches

Those guys had their zampakuto spirits and bankai stolen, not their actual physical swords or asauchi. Its not necessarily the same thing. Things would be different if there was an asauchi at the wandenreich headquarters though. Even then, odds are that nimaiya would have to look for that specific zampakuto in order to actually be able to tell where it was.

Also, nimaiya said she could pinpoint the location of every zampakuto he had ever made which is not the same as knowing whether it is being used or not.

Although it is true the attitude of the royals seems to be somewhat closed minded. They seem to think it is best to leave SS to fend for itself when their help would actually make a huge difference and save lives. Then again odds are there will be a plot device that actually makes it somewhat reasonable for the royals to not want to leave the royal palace.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Simply put, it's not their jobs to worry about what the Gotei 13 do or what happens to them unless it gets really bad. It's their job to defend S.S. It's the RG job to defend the Royal Palace.

Nimaiya has said he could sense the location of every single Asauchi he's made and, given from what we've seen with Ichigo, he can sense spirits as well. But the question is, could he sense anything in the Quincy's dimension? If he can't, well, there is nothing he can do about it. If he can, well, he won't do anything about it because, again, it's not his job. This time their hand was force, any other time, I'm sure they'd have left it alone.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there is a reason for them to be passive. But for them to all leave anyway makes the protection of the royal realm at all times an option that is of the table.
    Meh

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotei 13 aren't kids, they're soldiers and have a job they should deal with, if every time they should come to help them, might as well destroyt Gotei 13 and make Division 0 watch out over Seireitei and the Royal Realm

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, there is likely a reason the royals can't just got to help the gotei 13 however that is not what the manga actually said. Their attitude was more along the lines of "You know what, you deal with those guys that have been preparing for 1000 years solely to destroy you, once the last of your men have died in battle we will join you". The gotei 13 don't even know what it is that the royals do. And even then, there is a margin in which the royals can leave the royal palace and presumably help serietei because, well, they already did that. The issue here is that it seem their organizations are actually unwilling to cooperate in spite of the fact that there is barely any rational reason not to. The royals should have at least prepared to be able to assist the gotei 13 in the second invasion. Now, they did help, they did train rukia, renji, byakuya and renji to fight well beyond normal captain class, but the royals are still a force that supposedly outmatches the gotei 13 itself. If the two actually cooperated the amount of death and destruction of sereitei would be reduced to a minimum. Their logic right now is limited to "It is YOUR job to watch over sereitei and it is OUR job to watch over the royal realm". And that is the end of the discussion. The attitude alone seems to be close minded, arrogant, presumptuous and impractical. Heck, even if the gotei 13 can actually win on their own they will still need 100 years to replace each captain that dies.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

The attitude of the Royal Guard seems a bit strange. I've wondered for some time if there is some other reason for their lack of aid. When one considers that the reason they rarely have to act is because the Gotei 13 takes to the front lines, you'd think they'd be more gracious or helpful, particularly considering that the Royal Guard is comprised of former captains of the Gotei 13. They don't even have to get involved in the battles themselves, if they provided some of their tools to the Gotei 13.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they already did provide some serious help to the squads. They took byakuya to a point where his shikai matches and perhaps exceeds his former bankai and they made renji and rukia, would who have otherwise been too weak to make a difference in the outcome of the battle, into warriors perhaps exceeding the normal captain class. I don't think they have actual tools safe for the clothes to actually give to the squads though. It does seem like there is a reason they cannot leave the royal dimension though, they even said they could not use the pillar whenever they wanted too.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, they already did provide some serious help to the squads. They took byakuya to a point where his shikai matches and perhaps exceeds his former bankai and they made renji and rukia, would who have otherwise been too weak to make a difference in the outcome of the battle, into warriors perhaps exceeding the normal captain class. I don't think they have actual tools safe for the clothes to actually give to the squads though. It does seem like there is a reason they cannot leave the royal dimension though, they even said they could not use the pillar whenever they wanted too.
    The Royal Guard realised that in the state the Gotei 13 were in, particularly with Yama dead, they might actually have to fight, so instead, they decided to fix up and boost some of the Gotei 13, at least that's how it seemed to me. There didn't seem to be any other reason for them to suddenly show up and extend a helping hand; they've made it clear that they just don't care about Sereitei. What they did for those three is something that could be on offer for any number of shinigami. And the 'tools' I'm referencing are the soul food, the spring, and the clothes.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    The Royal Guard realised that in the state the Gotei 13 were in, particularly with Yama dead, they might actually have to fight, so instead, they decided to fix up and boost some of the Gotei 13, at least that's how it seemed to me. There didn't seem to be any other reason for them to suddenly show up and extend a helping hand; they've made it clear that they just don't care about Sereitei. What they did for those three is something that could be on offer for any number of shinigami. And the 'tools' I'm referencing are the soul food, the spring, and the clothes.
    If they didn't care about sereitei then they wouldn't have fix ichigo, byakuya, renji and rukia though. They certainly care IMO. Their perspective seems to be more about taking care of sereitei not being their duty rather than then simply not caring.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnet translation
    Someone: If anyone oughtta be complaining here, it's us. // What's your organisation called, eh? / The Gotei 13, right? You know what that means? / Eh?! // Our job is to defend the Royal Palace. // Your job is to defend Seireitei.

Someone: You call yourselves the defenders of Seireitei... / ...but you come crying to us 'cause you can't do your jobs? // "Gotei 13", my ass!
    Kirinji basically outright said the royal guard can't just leave the royal palace at any time for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnet translation
    Kirinji: Much as I’d love to take you down in the Tenchuuren, us Division Zero folks aren’t meant to just go down to Soul Society whenever we like! / So you can walk back on your own, down these stairs! // Don’t worry, it’s not too far! // Using normal Shunpo, it shouldn’t take longer than a week! // (Will he react like I think?!)
    The issue here is that we lack context in regards as to why they can't leave the royal dimension at will. Perhaps the manga has already hinted at this with what we have learned from them. Realistically speaking there is little to no need to protect the soul king. He is within a separate dimension which can only be accessed by those having the royal key. Under that logic there is no reason for the king to have such a powerful personal army. Realistically speaking their power would just fade away over time if they spent there not using their power for an eternity. However on top of having seen the royals remain as strong as they were (kirinji is able to speedblitz soifon which is quite a feat IMO) they actually cannot leave at will, they are not meant to leave at all if anything. The royal guards have actual duties which they cannot leave unattended for long, that would be my conclusion. The issue here is that we have not been given anything in regards as to what these duties are, we don't have any context in which it makes sense for them to not actively take a role in the war. We are probably going to see them fight but odds are the manga is going to explain they had to prepare for quite a while in order to leave the royal realm. Or perhaps we will see them in action one juhabach breaks into the royal palace (the manga is definitely heading in that direction). Odds are the royals somehow help the king in maintaining the world....

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

As far as the clothes go, I doubt they were actually meant to aid the gang in battle. The clothes have basically disappeared as renji and rukia draw out their true power which kinda seems like the exact opposite of what clothes meant for battle should do. If anything the clothes disappearing as the user outputs more power suggests the clothes are basically feeding of their power until they are charged and ready to do their deed. Considering there has been no reaction in regards to the clothes disappearing, I can't imagine that not being its purpose. Odds are something epic is going to happen once byakuya and ichigo use their bankai in battle and their clothes also disappear.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    I think there is a reason for them to be passive. But for them to all leave anyway makes the protection of the royal realm at all times an option that is of the table.
    the major problem i have with that , is that at the end of this manga i want ichigo to BE THE STRONGEST , i mean stronger than the soul king

he is the protagonist of one of the major shounen mangas of all time

he should be the strongest by the end of the manga.... and for all we know the weakest of the division 0 captains is stronger than yammamoto which gives an entire different scale of power....not to mention the soul king must be on another level....

i am hoping kubo does something about this by possibly incorporating the soul king and the 0 division into this arc, maybe juha will invade the soul kings realm and wreak a bunch of havoc

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REN KOUEN View Post
    the major problem i have with that , is that at the end of this manga i want ichigo to BE THE STRONGEST , i mean stronger than the soul king

he is the protagonist of one of the major shounen mangas of all time

he should be the strongest by the end of the manga.... and for all we know the weakest of the division 0 captains is stronger than yammamoto which gives an entire different scale of power....not to mention the soul king must be on another level....

i am hoping kubo does something about this by possibly incorporating the soul king and the 0 division into this arc, maybe juha will invade the soul kings realm and wreak a bunch of havoc
    That is extremely unlikely...Kirio served under Yama before she was promoted to RG and Yamaji still always used his mantra..."No shinigami in the last 1000 years has been stronger than me etc..etc"

I wouldn't be surprise if none of the them could solo him...collectively they could though or should. On assumption I would say the bald guy is the strongest...since he basically named everything in SS he most likely has been around the longest.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    That is extremely unlikely...Kirio served under Yama before she was promoted to RG and Yamaji still always used his mantra..."No shinigami in the last 1000 years has been stronger than me etc..etc"

I wouldn't be surprise if none of the them could solo him...collectively they could though or should. On assumption I would say the bald guy is the strongest...since he basically named everything in SS he most likely has been around the longest.
    We can't assume Royal Guards haven't been born over 1000 years ago. Shinigamis age differently. Just sayin', no way they all were stronger than Yama. You'd have to be nuts to write such a thing and believe it. One of 'em could mop the floor with all SRs, other 4 could handle Juha WITH EASE. At least 2 of 'em were under Yamaji, no way they are stronger. Kirinji is much faster, though.
    Last edited by Duniak; April 25, 2014 at 10:46 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    We can't assume Royal Guards haven't been born over 1000 years ago. Shinigamis age differently. Just sayin', no way they all were stronger than Yama. You'd have to be nuts to write such a thing and believe it. One of 'em could mop the floor with all SRs, other 4 could handle Juha WITH EASE. At least 2 of 'em were under Yamaji, no way they are stronger. Kirinji is much faster, though.
    Yeah you are right we can't assume that they are all under a 1000 years old...but I never said anything like that. What I was getting at...that his assumption that they could all be stronger than Yama is likely incorrect..at least one, Kirio was a Gotei 13 captain under Yama's CC rule. Yeah we aren't sure of the exact conditions of her promotion (seems to be highly centered around her contributions to science etc). I doubt she is stronger than Yama and I'm pretty sure she falls under his mantra " No shinigami in the last 1000 years is stronger than him...etc."

New Reply