Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Marines Role on Dressrosa

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Marines Role on Dressrosa

Somewhat in the shadow as a few groups that are not in the spotlight in Dressrosa but are there as a creeping enemy, yes, the almighty marines, always on the sides, but when they strike the worst happens!

With the recent ramblings of Fujitora that he cares not for the Shichibukai, which direction do you think he will take? He is the top commander of the Marines currently on the island, so my question is what role will the marine splay in Dressrosa?

I think the clash of the "no shichibukai" policy by Fujitora will somehow clash with CP0. And they will be the ones to have a "talk" with him about it. Fujitora is overall mysterious in everything he stands for, so we need more info on his way of justice, but for now, which action do you think he will take on Dressrosa?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marines Role on Dressrosa

At the moment it is really hard to say.... His priority will one way or the other be the safety of the citizens of dressrosa, I don't think he will make concessions in this regard for any reason. So his next move will be determined by whatever he perceives will help save as many lives as possible even if it involves helping doflamingo. He is not an ally to doflamingo, he has made that all too clear, but the whole thing will depend on what doflamingo says next. Doflamingo's plan is a little weird right now however I would argue the main purpose of it will be to divert as much attention from himself as possible. Right now doflamingo is essentially screwed because for a brief moment he had his entire country, its army, the marines, the Colosseum fighters, law, the revolutionaries and the strawhats against him and his crew. However if he plays this card right he just might turn enough people against each other to get them off his back. It depends on what names he gives... The key here is having some pirates and bounty hunters turn on anyone but doflamingo. That will cause them to fight across the nation which will inevitably put citizens in danger. That will cause the marines to have to divert their attention from doflamingo as fujitora will have to prioritize the citizens. With that chaos doflamingo will be able to move freely.

Now, there is a major issue with that plan. The first one is that there is not a single reason for anyone in the island to trust a bounty offered by doflamingo. The notion is plain absurd to put it mildly. Every fighter at the Colloseum right now knows that doflamingo is precisely full of crap, there is no logical way for doflamingo to contain any more of it. If doflamingo had any more crap than he already does he would explode and one of the worlds hemispheres will be covered in it. There is no rational reason for anyone there to trust doflamingo, there is no reason for anyone at the colloseum to stop hunting doflamingo to kill him. A single one of them even remotely trusting doflamingo would give a cent for anyone there is an act of such profound stupidity that the universe itself should collapse on the very spot that thought took place and just end. heck, odds are doflamingo is going to give bounties for the strawhats, law and perhaps a few other strong colloseum fighters. However those guys going after the strawhats is absurd, they were obviously grateful to them for saving their hides from a life of slavery.

Anyways, even if a few people start fighting amongts each other (and the universe does not implode at that very spot) there are still several people who will definitely not go for the strawhats. It will likely be enough to have the marines distracted protecting the citizens however it will definitely not influence people like chinjao, the revolutionaries and several other strong fighters. With the strawhats, law, chinjao and his family and a few others with actual power going after doflamingo it should be enough to obliterate doflamingo and his crew a couple of times over.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

^ That was very articulate kkck,,,

It might be just the case that Fujitora will be too busy containing the chaos to chase down Doffy though...
    It would be more shonen this way so that Luffy has to make all the effort in taking Doffy down.
    Then again, what Doffy say's next may change everything and he might just escape instead leaving Luffy to deal with an escape plan of his own from the Marines + world government. Plus potentially saving Franky from the Marines.
    So I said this with a belief that my opinion actually mattered at least by 1 iota!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

After the recent developments, the Marines' role on Dressrosa is to protect the citizens one way or another, which may not necessarily mean goin after Doflamingo. Fujitora will go after Doflamingo, help Luffy, or leave everything to Luffy. However, with knowledge that Doflamingo is putting the citizens in danger, Fujitora is definitely not gonna be on Doflamingo's side anymore.

I could also see Fujitora giving the responsibility of protecting the citizens to his men while going after Doflamingo himself, since the Marines are supposedly stronger.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MOYcano 0.23's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that Fujitora really want to protect the people. And maybe Doflamingo will be smart enough not to target the Admiral hopping that Fujitora decides to attack the StrawHat pirates in order to stop the chaos ASAP.
    Please excuse my Spanglish

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

their role is too illustrate the corruption of the world government, in order to incorporate the revolutionaries in the story

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if, Fujitora is ordered by Akainu and the WG to not bring harm towards Shichibukau, what about the Smile Factory...?. And then, it's been revealed that Doflamingo / Joker is making weapons for all these dangerous people in the New World as well as his personal relations with Kaidou.

I think, Fujitora discovered the truth about Doflamingo and the happenings in Dressrosa, but just can't prove it at the moment. Even if, Luffy and crew don't defeat Doflamingo themselves, there's still the overall goal of destroying the Smile Factory. And someone is going to get DD, whether it's Kyros, Sabo or someone unexpected.

"I did battle with ignorance today and ignorance won".

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the "business is usual" policy is what happened in Dressrosa now, for example sure it has to do with Fujitora and his way of thinking, but the WG does not go after "it's own" easily, so whatever admiral or WG force was there this is the course of action. For the WG end justifies the means PLUS a little bit of corruption in between. I wonder how will the citizens react to this sort of just yet UNJUST way of looking at things, maybe Fujitora deep down wants both Luffy and Law AND the DD family caught, maybe he lacks manpower? So he is giving these orders? There is more to his way of thinking than the greater good ...

New Reply