Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Magi 222.5 Discussion/223 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Lovemagi's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 223 Spoiler Thread

That is very interesting but it also confused me a bit...... so he has a special mission but then again he said that he can't see the future and yet he foreseen this was all gonna happen? It seems that this was suppose to be his fate? Oh man, this really starts to be very mysterious and I only want to have more now, lol.

But again I'm still curious why the world got destroyed with that corrupted Illah and how Solomon could created a new world. It does not really clear much up, in my opinion.

Anyway, I look forward to the new chapters and hopefully it will gonna make sense and clear lots of things up!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there! This is bubblesymphony, yes the same bubblesymphony who just started translating raws that's why they're all novice-like and confusing. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me, I can just elaborate if someone just asks me either by PM here or if you have a tumblr account, just ask me. If I don't respond back, ask again because that message didn't go through.

Please treat me well. Here's the translation for this weeks' chapter! Enjoy

3. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot Bubblesymphony! That translation came at the the right time.
    So he thinks he's on the same level as God. I'm starting to think he's right, after all he can see Aladdin and the others. That side text is very intriguing. So it's more like a prophecy, which makes me think that Gyokuen isn't the real bad guy of Magi, but David .Oh and I wonder what his mission is.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member 0Yun0's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Trolled hard this week. Does the magazine even accept only five pages? XD

Anyway, the line "Never in my 800 years of living did I plan to leave behind my own descendants." . I wonder if Solomon even had a normal birth or if his mother does even exist at all.

Its kind of funny to see everyone's faces. Muu looks like he just saw a ghost, Sinbad with his epic poker face and Kouen is surprised with the whole thing too.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh lol speaking of those two, someone did this:
    Spoiler show

Same with AlixMor:
    Spoiler show

Sinbad dressed as David
    Spoiler show

This chapter was like a late April's fool from Ohtaka sensei .
    Last edited by ladylola; April 18, 2014 at 02:11 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, the Sinbad connection gets stronger and stronger, but yet it still doesn't feel right. Sinbad must be the best actor in world history, because up until now he may have been showing some untrustworthy tendencies but never the idea that he's an actual calculating, ascended being such as David. Just as Aladdin is not an actual reincarnation of Solomon, I can't see Sinbad as an actual reincarnation of David.
    Last edited by obamamania; April 18, 2014 at 10:31 AM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Anepg's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    Oh lol speaking of those two, someone did this:
    Spoiler show

Same with AlixMor:
    Spoiler show

Sinbad dressed as David
    Spoiler show

This chapter was like a late April's fool from Ohtaka sensei .
    the links aren't working ):

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

WHAT THE HELL? DAVID is creepy as hell, what's even creepier is his looks that resembles Sinbad minus the eyebrows. I'm not surprised to see David's resemblance with Sinbad, but fuck that missing eyebrows lol

On the very first page, aside from Sinbad's missing eyes, why is Yunan the only one who looks at different direction?

David doesn't seem to be really evil as everyone had thought to be. He had just a heavy role, a responsibility only he could do. And does the second page meant that everything that happens, even in the world Solomon created, does that mean that it was all also according to his plan? or was it he the one who knew the fate of Solomon and the new world he created despite the ability to see/predict the future? it seemed like he also knew that Solomon would one day surpass him.

But here's what I just thought, maybe Sinbad's hidden goal is to have a power that was like David's. To me, it seemed that David is the one that represents Fate/Destiny. He's the one who decides what shall happen next. Maybe, this is a reason why Sinbad gathers all the cards he could use because he wants to create that world through his hands. Don't get me wrong, this is just my little theory.

But Wow, another chapter that had left my mind gotten blown again. I think this chapter was just a little side-story of what would be the next one. Though its quite a good thing this only has 5 pages. I think my mind couldn't handle even more revelation of who David is :P

PS: There's the 8-pointed star again. I wonder why is it shown like that again.
    Last edited by AlphaIkaros; April 18, 2014 at 11:19 AM.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

WELP. Looks like David and Sinbad have a bit of a parallel going on. Maybe this is why Sinbad is reluctant to get married, yet has multiple affairs? Or his borderline alcoholism? If I knew I was the reincarnation of someone that powerful (and that doomed) I'd be a little messed in the head too. But I'm still not 100% convinced of this theory. It makes sense, but it just doesn't sit well with me. It feels too predictable.

I'm still not convinced Solomon is David's natural born son either. Like 0Yun0 said, there's no mention of a mother at all.

Thank you to Bubblesymphony for giving us a script so promptly after the chinese scans were released!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Those 5 pages were absolutely a whole chapter's worth. "At this period, my son is born. This is, of course, for the creation of a new world and for inevitable things that may happen." He may not control fate and even accepts the fact that he cannot, yet even within this memorandum in which he clearly lays out his own limitations he proves that even his defeat is inconsequential. Solomon is probably going to personally kill him, and I think it's all downhill from there for Alma Toran at least. And also notice how he continuously refers to God in a way that implies that he is more than just a giant mass of magoi. He only looks down upon god due to a feeling that he is above God and has a more important mission than God, not that God is a mindless mass of power without a will. Despite what Illa is and whether he has intelligence, he still fits the definition of a god because his role is creation and balance of the world's magoi and even David knows this. But now after reading all of this and seeing that David knows what Solomon will do while even calling it "a beautiful world, a true homeland", what exactly is there above God's mission of creation and why would David wish to do more than create a true Alma Toran?

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anepg View Post
    the links aren't working ):

Really? It shows for me.I'm uploading them to Photobucket.
    EDIT:You're right there's something wrong with the extension. I replaced the links in my previous post. Hope it works now.

Maybe David's mission has to do with fate itself.He seems to be aware of the great flow, something that the young Solomon isn't aware of I think. He clearly knows about the new world he'll create, other than Alma Torran, so that makes me think he's also aware of the fact that Al Thamen will betray Solomon. If you think about it if it weren't for the Church Solomon wouldn't have rebelled against his father and decided to unite the world.It's as if everything was staged by David himself so that Solomon goes that route
    I have a feeling that if it weren't for Al Thamen's betrayal, Solomon wouldn't have created a new world too.It's one of those specific points that David seems to refer to.Also I'm wondering if those who have fallen into depravity really break free of fate, because it sounds too surreal for me. They have to be still influenced by it, even a little.
    Seriously I can't get past the eyebrows thing.Either it's a mistake of one of the assistants, or it's a serious case of eyebrow censoring.
    Last edited by ladylola; April 18, 2014 at 03:04 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RetsuUnohana's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Bathsheba is Solomon's mom in lore

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't know what to say....
    Despite being five pages-long, this chapter felt like an average one and with this I mean 17 pages-long. LOL
    In little words, this one completely left me speechless also thanks to the last page of it, in which all of us here saw a carbon copy of Sinbad minus the eyebrows.
    Now, I guess that Sinbad might be indeed David's reincarnation, because the resemblance cannot be ignored.
    In any case what David wrote in his memorandum sure is interesting and also quite misterious....I don't think that his story ended...if anything, it feels like it has just started....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner shinaykahn's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

One mindfuck chapter after another. My brain will get pregnant after all this mindrape.

18. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Aegon has posted the translation.

And it is insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    It's been one chapter. Lets revisit this issue when the first volume is out and we actually have an idea of where the story is going? Though I guess my suggestion will probably fall on deaf ears and if/when it is cancelled, the 'I told you so' crowd will pop their collars in misguided and unfounded praise of themselves. ....Just another day in the WSJ thread I guess.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast