Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Magi 222.5 Discussion/223 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 222.5 Discussion/223 Predictions

About that lol one piece thread:

Spoiler show

And for the sake of not being off topic which I'm having a super hard time with after discussing a 5 page chapter with 1 large page of dialogue into the ground, I just want to note that I find it odd that so far we've dealt with the major character's Alma Toran djinns before even thinking about any of Sinbad's. And come to think of it, we've already seen ALL of Kouen's lol. We saw Focalor and Zepar who are in my opinion secondary in importance. However Baal, the first dungeon's djinn who has a pretty troubling title, is oddly absent and I think if we do see him before this is over his role will tell us quite a bit about what will become of Sinbad.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    And for the sake of not being off topic which I'm having a super hard time with after discussing a 5 page chapter with 1 large page of dialogue into the ground, I just want to note that I find it odd that so far we've dealt with the major character's Alma Toran djinns before even thinking about any of Sinbad's. And come to think of it, we've already seen ALL of Kouen's lol. We saw Focalor and Zepar who are in my opinion secondary in importance. However Baal, the first dungeon's djinn who has a pretty troubling title, is oddly absent and I think if we do see him before this is over his role will tell us quite a bit about what will become of Sinbad.
    Baal definitely wasn't human; perhaps we haven't encountered his tribe yet. I still want to see and know more about Furfur, Crocell, and Vepar. What they look like as Djinn, their forms in Alma Toran, and abilities Sinbad gets from their Djinn Equips.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You just made me feel like a bad Magi fan by mentioning those 3 djinns that I honestly didn't know the names of lol...though I've heard of the name Crocell before outside of magi. I looked up their real legends and they're mostly terrifying, and Zepar's was oddly relevant...And btw some of them looked kind of human yet clearly are different as djinns so that'll have to be addressed and I'm sure it will.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow... I was so out of date with the current happenings here.

Since I'm too lazy to back read all the posts, did somebody noticed David mentioned "creating the Agenda"? When I read that part, I immediately thought of Al Thamen, because I'm sure the guys from Al Thamen mentioned the agenda after the Balbadd Arc. What could be this agenda? Could it be relating to the Orthodox Church's motive? Solomon's crew's motive? Illah's motive?

And there are lots of things mentioned in that wall of text and some of them would not be noticed easily of you back read them all or read between the lines. Really, Ohtaka never fails me to think really hard regarding magi.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

About that lol one piece thread:

Spoiler show
    Lol you stalked my posts. I was afraid that something like that would happen. Yeah he literaly exploded after I exposed his paper thin theory, and started going after me personally...well I'm not really proud of myself after what happened, but I needed to do something about it.
    That thing with Sinbad's djinns is really interesting. We know that Focalor was a womanizer, and that Zepar's ability is to control a person, it just makes me think how convenient it was for Sinbad to find those two Djinns.They fit perfectly with Sinbad's personality. And I'm pretty sure the other Djinns have abilities related to Sinbad's character. They almost feel evil in a way, especially Zepar.Baal on the other hand as the Djinn of the first dungeon should have been shown already. I noticed that the original dragon's horns have the same pattern as those of Baal(wavy and electric like), so maybe it's him(or her I'm not sure anymore).Also about them having a human like appearance, it could be a side effect of them receiving the magoi from Illa, or they became so strong they're able to change their appearance. But some species look humanoid to begin with, only a few like Agares, Vinea and that Cerberus guy look like animals.
    @AlphaIkaros I noticed the agenda too. If it really is the same agenda, then David has orchestrated all this so that Alma Torran would be destroyed, and that Solomon creates a new world where the true utopia will be achieved by the next singularity. Wow he's a puppet master of the highest caliber.
    Last edited by ladylola; April 24, 2014 at 05:39 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You just made me feel like a bad Magi fan by mentioning those 3 djinns that I honestly didn't know the names of lol...though I've heard of the name Crocell before outside of magi. I looked up their real legends and they're mostly terrifying, and Zepar's was oddly relevant...And btw some of them looked kind of human yet clearly are different as djinns so that'll have to be addressed and I'm sure it will.
    The only time those Djinns of Sinbad are mentioned are in chapter 33. The scanlators botched the romanization, but one can look at the Dungeon's # and its corresponding demon in the Lemegeton. Though sometimes the katakana Ohtaka uses for djinn names isn't quite how they appear in the Japanese Lemegeton (see the bottom of this wiki, etc.). Through looking at the alternate versions of the names and comparing the kana Ohtaka uses, we can figure out a romanization though. Like how the Lemegeton has Crocell = クロケル Kurokeru with an alternate クロセル Kuroseru, and Ohtaka chose to use クローセル Kurōseru, as you can see here.

A person on Tumblr also wrote out the information from the Guidebook on what age Sinbad was when he conquered each dungeon.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7