Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/1/14 - 9/7/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Magi translated volumes?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi translated volumes?

I was wondering how many volumes of Magi have been translated?And do you guys think they're hard to come by?
    In my place it kinda is. The french edition has 15 volumes translated so far, but you can't find them in normal book stores.I guess it's because Magi is nowhere near as popular as One Piece or Naruto. My only option is to buy them online.
    How about the english edition? I heard that only a few volumes have been translated.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ryuusu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi translated volumes?

I have yet to find any English versions of Magi here ;; I haven't tried smaller bookstores, but I do know for a fact that national bookstores don't have it at all. It is possible to buy the Japanese ones at this one bookstore I found, but even they don't have most of the volumes.

Edit: I found a bookstore website where you can buy Magi volumes in English. A bit more expensive than the Japanese ones and not much of a selection.
    Last edited by Ryuusu; April 17, 2014 at 11:14 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a manga collection but if I could find translated volumes of Magi I'd buy every last one without hesitation. But only if I'm sure it'll be completed because I don't want a partial collection. I could only find up to volume 9 translated anyway.
    Last edited by obamamania; April 17, 2014 at 11:38 PM.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    I don't have a manga collection but if I could find translated volumes of Magi I'd buy every last one without hesitation. But only if I'm sure it'll be completed because I don't want a partial collection. I could only find up to volume 9 translated anyway.
    Yeah that's the main problem I think. It's just that it's better to read the manga in tankobon in general. And from what I could find, that French translation is kinda awkward. I'd be more interested to own the English version, or even the Japanese one.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

...What a weird thread.

Just go to Book Depository or Amazon.

Viz releases a volume every other month with volume six coming out in June. Just with three volumes, Magi was among 20 biggest manga franchises in USA last year. So things are looking great so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    It's been one chapter. Lets revisit this issue when the first volume is out and we actually have an idea of where the story is going? Though I guess my suggestion will probably fall on deaf ears and if/when it is cancelled, the 'I told you so' crowd will pop their collars in misguided and unfounded praise of themselves. ....Just another day in the WSJ thread I guess.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I'm the one who finds it weird that no one seems to talk about the translated volumes.All the news about the tankobon are for the japanese version.The best way to support the author is still to buy the books which aren't easy to find. . And it's not like everyone has the option of buying it online.Also all the bookstores that I've been to don't have it, but they have other mangas who aren't half as popular as Magi, which is really frustrating.
    I'm glad to hear that Viz still continues to translate the manga. I visited their site and they had only 6 volumes, so that got me worried.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what I found weird, bookstores having physical copy shortages while online the books are always in stock. Perhaps the initial printing numbers were really low so Viz will do a reprinting some time later? It's always hard to guess how manga industry works outside of Japan.

However, people not discussing the print versions is, well, expected. By the time volumes come out overseas, everyone has already read and discussed all of the published material to their heart's content. All we can do is share our joy about holding actual volumes in our hands and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    It's been one chapter. Lets revisit this issue when the first volume is out and we actually have an idea of where the story is going? Though I guess my suggestion will probably fall on deaf ears and if/when it is cancelled, the 'I told you so' crowd will pop their collars in misguided and unfounded praise of themselves. ....Just another day in the WSJ thread I guess.

New Reply