Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Liar Game Chapter 173 Discussion/174 Prediction

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Liar Game Liar Game Chapter 173 Discussion/174 Prediction

This is the thread where you discuss the current chapter of Liar Game.
    24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Chapter 173 Discussion/174 Prediction

Well, the raw is out... it seems like they explained what happened to fukanawa although I can't read a shred of japanese.... Can't wait for the translation.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It also seems that Nao is convincing people about her plan or something, Akiyama is neutral as always. The girl at the end looked like Fukunaga for a moment to me. I think she explained how Yokoya has people from his group under control now somehow, but there might be a twist of something horrible happening to Fukunaga who stood up to Yokoya.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy it has been a long time since I posted on these forums, particularly because the nature of the chapters and developments never really lent itself to discussion until after a certain period of chapters elapsed that the games really start moving outside of the detailed explanations. I'll just talk about the developments in general. While it certainly is surprising to see that the series is on its final arc and it has been a long time coming my problem with this turn of events is not so much that I feel the series could go on longer. Rather my issue lies in the fact that we still do not have the main answer as to how Akiyama plans to end the Liar Game once and for all, taking down the organization. At the heart of it this has always been one of the most important aspects of the series understanding the organization that holds the Liar Game so as to potentially take it down, in turn saving as much people as possible (particularly the losers).

Yet, even now until this point Akiyama and Nao still remain on the side of being a participant rather than an actual threat to the organization. When you consider how things have been they still know very little about the actual corporation and the possible way to stop it. You can assume that by cutting the profits of this particular game that they would bankrupt the organization or at least put it in the red, but looking at how things have been going the organizers could care less as they appear to have an almost infinite amount of resources. More importantly, the organizers themselves have shown to care even less about their profits in general since everything is really nothing more than entertainment for them, which from my view is what takes precedence above everything else for them.

We know nothing much about the leaders of the Liar Game and particularly how to take them down. At best Akiyama and Nao can create a deficit in this particular game but I don't doubt that the organization can easily make up the loss of that deficit should they wish to. This to me is the biggest problem of the series right now we haven't had enough development on the side of reaching the actual goal of the main characters, ending the Liar Game, as like Nao and Akiyama we've just been continuously caught up in the games and their intricate mechanics.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Hamy long time no see!

Well I think there might be a problem there indeed, the LG organization is still pretty comfortable, but that is due to the plot, as Kaitani did not want to reveal too much in the end he left everything for the final arc, but now we have some "arc before the arc" type of game so there is still hope yet.

This chapter was revelations, kind of, but of past events, we know what Kaitani is trying to push here, how a corporation can become an entity by itself and how people become so decadent that they will fall into a trap set up by such an organization simple because of not caring or paying attention, or just being too self centered.

At least now we also know we might have a possible ally to the team, but who knows this one can even be another spy by Yokoya, as she probably also was compromised after Fukunaga lost, I doubt it, but we must not lose sight that Yokoya is kingpin for most of these people he has just trashed.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Hello Hamy long time no see!

Well I think there might be a problem there indeed, the LG organization is still pretty comfortable, but that is due to the plot, as Kaitani did not want to reveal too much in the end he left everything for the final arc, but now we have some "arc before the arc" type of game so there is still hope yet.

This chapter was revelations, kind of, but of past events, we know what Kaitani is trying to push here, how a corporation can become an entity by itself and how people become so decadent that they will fall into a trap set up by such an organization simple because of not caring or paying attention, or just being too self centered.

At least now we also know we might have a possible ally to the team, but who knows this one can even be another spy by Yokoya, as she probably also was compromised after Fukunaga lost, I doubt it, but we must not lose sight that Yokoya is kingpin for most of these people he has just trashed.
    This is my problem though with the development even if this prelude does manage to set something up I can't help but feel this particular point is being rushed. If anything I find the revelation of the final arc to be more of the author probably getting tired of his work given the numerous hiatus he generally undertook, and frankly looking at his body of work I can't say I am too positive since he does have that habit. Of course I am hoping for the best but it does feel rather rushed.

As for the girl helped by Fukunaga I find it highly suspicious given that Yokoya had supposedly dominated the previous round and knowing his MO I doubt he would have let even the tiniest detail be left alone given his obsession for absolute dominance. Seeing as this girl would be a mark of loss towards his victory so I agree that she probably is working on his side is a higher possibility. If anything a good giveaway here is that since Yokoya more or less has an idea what the next game is don't you think the possibility that he had already prepared for it is a high likelihood? He knows there is only one real threat and he knows what they would generally be after so that it wouldn't be odd for him to take one step ahead of them given that predictability.

That said here is a food for thought we know what happens to the losers more or less, we knew that they'd end up as merchandise for human trafficking. What happens then to the winners? I doubt that they are left alone given their craftiness and intelligence, which in itself fetches a higher value in human trafficking, that you have to wonder what happened to said winners? My guess right now is that possibly the winners end up becoming part of the LGT Office since I can see them as being the ones that value these sort of people the most.
    Last edited by Hamy; April 29, 2014 at 03:32 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, I like the thought of the dealers being previous LG winners - most of the winners would, I imagine, be like Yokoya and only get so far and then actually win by greed and crushing all opposition.

Plus it would be interesting to see how other people managed to win, and the dealers always seem very keen on following all the intrigue...

Epic Brofist!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If that is the case Akiyama and Nao do not want to win, they want to DESTROY the organization. So this speaks loads to the root of this whole thing, the LGT would like a winner like Yokoya, however they are stuck with someone like Nao, in which case they will do something towards the end, maybe in the final game, after we are shown her craft and Akiyama's as well to defeat the LGT completely, the LGT would likely push Yokoya for winner making Nao and Akiyama's life hell in the last game, so then the true villain is revealed, and that is LGT with their puppet Yokoya, given that Yokoya knows the info about the games, maybe the LGT struck a deal with him to help him win and they will work with him to beat Nao and Akiyama?

New Reply