Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Will of D. Mystery Revealed?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Will of D. Mystery Revealed?

Lol what? So according to you Roger's soul lives in Luffy now. Aren't you looking too deep into this? Let's suppose that you're right, then the whole point of the manga would be robbed, because instead of achieving things on his own, Luffy would have made it because he's the reincarnation of Roger. And if we follow that logic, Ace will be reincarnated too
    Sorry I'm not trying to make fun of you but you gotta admit that the idea kinda sounds ridiculous. And I didn't say that Cora was a girl, I said that person , so I guess my choice of words wasn't right...But if you look up the name Corazon it tends to be a girl's name, so it goes with that theory.
    Quote Quote:
    But one thing Blackbeard has in common with the other Ds is that he's shaking up the world and becoming a huge name. Although, maybe he doesn't really have 'D' as his middle name?
    This. According to the page on wikia on the Will of D, it seems that BB lacks something that all the Ds are known for, they're fearless in the face of death.He was literally shitting his pants when he faced Whitebeard, so maybe he's not really a D after all. But he does have the will to chase his dreams just like the other Ds, so who knows?
    I usually don't post in here that much because I feel that people here tend to get carried away, and an argument can start over the most trivial things. It would be nice if people where to calm down a bit, it's just a manga not some sacred scripture.
    PS: Apparently diamond is no longer the hardest gemstone, wurtzite boron nitride and lonsdaleite are said to be harder.Just a fun fact.
    Last edited by ladylola; April 23, 2014 at 05:55 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Australopithecus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    Lol what? So according to you Roger's soul lives in Luffy now. Aren't you looking too deep into this? Let's suppose that you're right, then the whole point of the manga would be robbed, because instead of achieving things on his own, Luffy would have made it because he's the reincarnation of Roger. And if we follow that logic, Ace will be reincarnated too
    Sorry I'm not trying to make fun of you but you gotta admit that the idea kinda sounds ridiculous. And I didn't say that Cora was a girl, I said that person , so I guess my choice of words wasn't right...But if you look up the name Corazon it tends to be a girl's name, so it goes with that theory.

This. According to the page on wikia on the Will of D, it seems that BB lacks something that all the Ds are known for, they're fearless in the face of death.He was literally shitting his pants when he faced Whitebeard, so maybe he's not really a D after all. But he does have the will to chase his dreams just like the other Ds, so who knows?
    I usually don't post in here that much because I feel that people here tend to get carried away, and an argument can start over the most trivial things. It would be nice if people where to calm down a bit, it's just a manga not some sacred scripture.
    PS: Apparently diamond is no longer the hardest gemstone, wurtzite boron nitride and lonsdaleite are said to be harder.Just a fun fact.
    Hahaha. You've gone & done a number on me. Have some respect towards your interlocutor.

Whether you like it or not, Roger's will lives in Luffy.
    Could you please tell me what is the point of the manga according to your sagacious interpretation?
    How about giving me your sapient idea or hypothesis behind the concept of inherited will?
    Being reincarnated doesn't mean the memories will be reincarnated too as a bonus. Asura in Naruto was reincarnated many times on different individuals with no previous memories of his previous life, yet each one of his reincarnations has kept his unique personality and use of strength. YET that didn't rob the manga of its point. Everything the protagonist managed to accomplish was done through his sheer efforts.

Don't rely on OP Wikia. It is mostly a bunch of opinions based on facts, facts that could be interpreted in different ways, and thus different opinions arise. As for the will to chase behind dreams, almost everyone in the manga has that. Wait, Coby has the will to chase behind his dream of becoming an admiral, so Coby is a D. How could I miss that? It was because I didn't pay attention to the "trivial things."

The things that you view as trivial will play a vital part in the revelation of the truth behind D. What's wrong with discussing them? Saying this is just a manga is very similar to saying this is just a book. Those ideas are the curse that kept humanity in the dark for ages. Also, those disrespectful thoughts serve merely to trample over the great efforts the author puts into drawing the manga so as to give us the opportunity to read a great story, and enjoy the unique storyline that revolves around its unique characters.

When facts are beneficial to your arguments, they are fun facts, but when not, they are trivial things...
    I'm not a mineralogist, so would you please quote the levels of hardness in contrast to diamond's?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond#Hardness
    Quote Quote:
    Diamond is the hardest known natural material on the Mohs scale of mineral hardness, where hardness is defined as resistance to scratching and is graded between 1 (softest) and 10 (hardest). Diamond has a hardness of 10 (hardest) on this scale.[28] Diamond's hardness has been known since antiquity, and is the source of its name.
    This shows that it stand atop every other mineral when it comes to hardness, yet you strive to disprove this idea through the mention of some other "gems." That should make a great contribution to science in general, only if you could quote the idea that disprove its predecessor from a reliable source of information.
    Last edited by Australopithecus; April 23, 2014 at 08:49 AM.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Australopithecus View Post
    Hahaha. You've gone & done a number on me. Have some respect towards your interlocutor.
    Oh I do respect my interlocutors, I can't say the same about everyone.
    Quote Quote:
    Whether you like it or not, Roger's will lives in Luffy.
    Sure why not?
    Quote Quote:
    Could you please tell me what is the point of the manga according to your sagacious interpretation?
    Hmm dunno maybe something like chasing your dreams, but also putting your life on the line for your friends.I think that's more important than finding One Piece itself.

Quote Quote:
    Being reincarnated doesn't mean the memories will be reincarnated too as a bonus. Asura in Naruto was reincarnated many times on different individuals with no previous memories of his previous life...
    Hahah you lost me there, I don't read Naruto and I would never waste my time on reading it. No offense for those who read it.
    Quote Quote:
    Don't rely on OP Wikia. It is mostly a bunch of opinions based on facts, facts that could be interpreted in different ways, and thus different opinions arise. As for the will to chase behind dreams, almost everyone in the manga has that. Wait, Coby has the will to chase behind his dream of becoming an admiral, so Coby is a D. How could I miss that? It was because I didn't pay attention to the "trivial things."
    Well that's weird. Weren't you the one who quoted the wikia first when we were talking about Dr Kureha?Let me tell you something. I don't think that the Ds are the only ones who can pass on their will. Everyone can, if you have a dream that is very dear to you, and values then you should be able to influence people around you. And I doubt Coby's dream is really to be an Admiral just for the sake of being an admiral. He wants to be as strong as Luffy, and maybe change the Marines,and the only way to do it is to be at the top.

Quote Quote:
    I'm not a mineralogist, so would you please quote the levels of hardness in contrast to diamond's?
    Well I guess you're not up to date with the latest discoveries. Here's an article that will enlighten you I hope: http://www.newscientist.com/article/...l#.U1fURfl5OSo

Quote Quote:
    The things that you view as trivial will play a vital part in the revelation of the truth behind D. What's wrong with discussing them? Saying this is just a manga is very similar to saying this is just a book. Those ideas are the curse that kept humanity in the dark for ages. Also, those disrespectful thoughts serve merely to trample over the great efforts the author puts into drawing the manga so as to give us the opportunity to read a great story, and enjoy the unique storyline that revolves around its unique characters
    Oh wow now this is pricelessXD. I never said that we shouldn't discuss this manga, or else why would I post in this thread in the first place?But I don't think that the world will be changed if we discuss it religiously. It's after all a work of fiction, that is supposed to be entertaining.It's not even the best manga out there, there are quite a few titles who are just as good or maybe better.And do you think that Oda would put all his efforts into it if it hadn't become that successful? He's doing his job, but I salute him for being able to spend so much time on it.
    ...well I'm not trying to start a flame war, but my post kinda came of like that. I apologize in advance.
    Last edited by ladylola; April 23, 2014 at 10:26 AM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm saying Blackbeard has a "D" in his name because Whitebeard pointed it out, but for all we know, it could be a lie? As you said, Blackbeard is almost completely different from the other Ds.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

D -> Dante in term of journey or adventure into the unknown domains, the true D people are never afraid of the unknowns ahead.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I do respect my interlocutors, I can't say the same about everyone.

Sure why not?

Hmm dunno maybe something like chasing your dreams, but also putting your life on the line for your friends.I think that's more important than finding One Piece itself.

Hahah you lost me there, I don't read Naruto and I would never waste my time on reading it. No offense for those who read it.
    Well that's weird. Weren't you the one who quoted the wikia first when we were talking about Dr Kureha?Let me tell you something. I don't think that the Ds are the only ones who can pass on their will. Everyone can, if you have a dream that is very dear to you, and values then you should be able to influence people around you. And I doubt Coby's dream is really to be an Admiral just for the sake of being an admiral. He wants to be as strong as Luffy, and maybe change the Marines,and the only way to do it is to be at the top.

Well I guess you're not up to date with the latest discoveries. Here's an article that will enlighten you I hope: http://www.newscientist.com/article/...l#.U1fURfl5OSo

Oh wow now this is pricelessXD. I never said that we shouldn't discuss this manga, or else why would I post in this thread in the first place?But I don't think that the world will be changed if we discuss it religiously. It's after all a work of fiction, that is supposed to be entertaining.It's not even the best manga out there, there are quite a few titles who are just as good or maybe better.And do you think that Oda would put all his efforts into it if it hadn't become that successful? He's doing his job, but I salute him for being able to spend so much time on it.
    ...well I'm not trying to start a flame war, but my post kinda came of like that. I apologize in advance.
    You don't know what's the point of the manga, yet your make wild assertions about it getting robbed? Ok then, tell me this: How would the reincarnation idea rob the manga of its point according to your interpretation?

If you don't understand what I was talking about, just use different variables instead of names, and the idea will become clearer, I hope. Nobody forces you to read it though. You still have soap opera, so chill out

I didn't quote Wikia; I simply still remember up to this day what she said while grabbing Luffy's wanted poster. I speak using evidence from manga about the inheritance of the will, but you speak only your wild thoughts. So according to your logic, Law inherited Cora's dream which is nothing but killing Dofy?

Furthermore, read this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lonsdaleite
    Quote Quote:
    Its hardness is theoretically superior to that of cubic diamond (up to 58% more) according to computational simulations but natural specimens exhibited somewhat lower hardness through a large range of values (from 7 to 8 on Mohs hardness scale), a speculation based on the fact that the samples were ridden with lattice defects and impurities.[13]
    Moreover, read this from the link you sent me:
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/...l#.U1hdIPl_tnN
    Quote Quote:
    If the results are confirmed with physical experiments, both materials would be far harder than any substance ever measured.
    This means that it was not yet confirmed through experimentations. Lol, read thoroughly next time your articles before you make assertions.
    Nevertheless, diamond serves its purpose well in giving a figurative notion about the qualities of their will.

Oi oi, don't wow me, &stop saying contradictory stuff. You were whinging about how an argument starts about trivial stuff, and now you deny your words? Religiously? There are some readers out there who truly like the manga insofar as cosplaying as some of its characters, and your disrespectful words are an insult to all of them. Only narrow minded people would find it weird. I'm sure when you were small, you liked wearing clothes like barbie. Despite being old, people still imitate celebrities through their clothing, hair cuts, etc out of admiration for them. They even went as far as to make a magazine called Gossip Magazine. But when others adore One Piece, they are religious fanatics, eh?

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I'm saying Blackbeard has a "D" in his name because Whitebeard pointed it out, but for all we know, it could be a lie? As you said, Blackbeard is almost completely different from the other Ds.
    Yes, it's true. But why in your opinion would Bb use a D in his name and lie about it? My guess is the abbreviation of Bb's D is different from that of Luffy's and Roger's.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    D -> Dante in term of journey or adventure into the unknown domains, the true D people are never afraid of the unknowns ahead.
    But what is Dante? Dante Alighieri?

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep it civil guys, please!

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

But what is Dante? Dante Alighieri?

A metaphor from Josef K (not the one above but a different one).

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's true. But why in your opinion would Bb use a D in his name and lie about it? My guess is the abbreviation of Bb's D is different from that of Luffy's and Roger's.
    Probably because the D is that influential (Whitebeard did talk about Rogers looking for the next person who would carry the Will of D), or as you guessed, Blackbeard's D may not be the same as Luffy or Roger's D. Maybe there were two Ds, one evil and one good.

Was the D ever mentioned to work with the original weapon called Neptune? I think she was Shirahoshi's ancestor?

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably because the D is that influential (Whitebeard did talk about Rogers looking for the next person who would carry the Will of D), or as you guessed, Blackbeard's D may not be the same as Luffy or Roger's D. Maybe there were two Ds, one evil and one good.

Was the D ever mentioned to work with the original weapon called Neptune? I think she was Shirahoshi's ancestor?
    But the world thought of Roger back then as Gold Roger, not as Gol D. Roger. Even Edward hasn't payed any attention to D until Roger brought it up.

This is but my opinion, but I don't think Bb's D is evil or anything. I guess it's just a name like Dumas or Dostoevsky in an abbreviated form. Just because his deeds are evil doesn't mean his roots are evil.

As for D and Shirahoshi, I think you are talking about this: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/96366/o...y_mangarule/12
    , are you not? When I read that, I thought of Luffy. After all Luffy was foreseen to destroy Fishman Island, which, I believe, means he will make another appearance on FI. "The end justifies the means."

Mr. M3J, you have my thanks. If it hadn't been for your mentioning of Indra & Asura, I wouldn't have thought about the concept of reincarnation in Hinduism. And now that you mentioned Shirahoshi's ancestor, Poseidon, we could use it as a support to the idea of reincarnation. According to Otohime and Sea Kings, once every hundred years, a mermaid is born with the ability to understand and communicate with the mighty Sea Kings. That is reincarnation, imo. Furthermore, Otohime's knowledge of this prognostication is derived from the records of the Royal Family, that, in my humble opinion, date from the Blank Century.

People in the Blank Century haven't foretold only the rebirth of Poseidon, but also the future appearance of a man who will challenge the world. Wb's spoke about the appearance of the man who, bearing the weights of centuries of centuries on his back, will challenge the world. And that man is, imho, Dragon. He shares common traits with the one described by Wb. He is already bearing the weights of centuries on his back. Through his flashback of Roger's words, Dragon , we can presume, was told the history of the Blank Century along with those lines. And Dragon is already challenging the world. Wb's words are, I believe, a paraphrase of Roger's words about D. You saw that when he started his conversation, after his flash back of Roger's words of D, he threaded it to four ideas: inherited will, the appearance of a man, the war that will engulf the world, and One Piece. If D had been irrelevant, he wouldn't have linked it to those four ideas. The three consecutive ideas all hint strongly towards Dragon, not to mention that he is also a D.

I don't think people have had an enormous crystal ball through which they could make predictions in the past, because if they had had it, they would have foreseen the downfall of the Ancient Kingdom and the triumph of the WG. And because of all that, I believe Dragon is the reincarnation of someone with D who dates back to the Blank Century and who doesn't stand injustice. I can also assume that because of his knowledge of reincarnation about D, Roger believed in his second reincarnation, Luffy. He was also referred to as the man Roger is waiting for. In Hinduism's concept of reincarnation, as long as the Jiva(the immortal essence or soul of a living organism)has not gained Moksha(spiritual release), it will keep transmigrating. I believe the transmigration in One Piece is referred to for some unknown reason as inheritance, & the Jiva as the will.

One Piece is a fantasy known to have imaginary things such as talking animals, legendary/mythological creatures, fruits that once eaten grant the person who ate them mysterious powers, enigmatic power known as haki etc. So this idea shouldn't be strange if we came across its confirmation in the future.
    Last edited by Australopithecus; April 26, 2014 at 07:53 AM.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought top right would be interesting for this thread. What is this force, and is it related to the Will of D?

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny I was reading that exact chapter yesterday. I really wonder what it is.Also from the same chapter Augur's words make me think he knows about the will of D:
    http://www.mangapanda.com/103-2548-2...apter-441.html
    Could the force Ace is talking about be fate?

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, but for some reason whenever I look at that page, I laugh, especially the part where he says," if give into the force..." At any rate, the force could refer to Bb's DF(middle panel). Even here, Bb kept boasting about his DF, and Ace responded like that.
    It's irrelevant to D imo.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny I was reading that exact chapter yesterday. I really wonder what it is.Also from the same chapter Augur's words make me think he knows about the will of D:
    http://www.mangapanda.com/103-2548-2...apter-441.html
    Could the force Ace is talking about be fate?
    Could be, or he could be talking about how the ones with D are oppressed or face difficulty.
    I don't know, but for some reason whenever I look at that page, I laugh, especially the part where he says," if give into the force..." At any rate, the force could refer to Bb's DF(middle panel). Even here, Bb kept boasting about his DF, and Ace responded like that.
    It's irrelevant to D imo.
    Given the quotation marks around the "force" and the way he says it, I think it's more than that. Maybe Whitebeard told him about the Will of D in hopes that Ace was the one who would succeed Roger and realize Roger's dream. The force could be something like fate, as mentioned, or it could be something about how the D have odds against them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Given the quotation marks around the "force" and the way he says it, I think it's more than that. Maybe Whitebeard told him about the Will of D in hopes that Ace was the one who would succeed Roger and realize Roger's dream. The force could be something like fate, as mentioned, or it could be something about how the D have odds against them.
    I'm inclined to believe this. In chapter 551 Sengoku pointed out how Whitebeard took Ace in and protected him, grooming him to be the next pirate king when Ace himself was claiming since Arabasta that he wanted to make Whitebeard the pirate king and not himself. He was fighting the will of D. (or fate) that whole time. The whole theme of people having the D. initial always show up at times and places where revolutions happen and the beginning and end of an era is approaching; as well as how fate (or luck) seems to protect or thrust into danger those same people supports the idea that the timeline of One Piece (from past to future) is set and recorded in the poneglyphs which is why both Gol D. Roger and Whitebeard knows that when One Piece is found, the world will definitely be turned up side down and they're waiting for the specific person that is to be expected to do this very thing.

Heck, Roger was unmatched in everything and if it was just a matter of defeating the marines and the world government, he could've done it with Whitebeard's help before he died seeing how they were so friendly and drinking sake together having had no rivals except maybe Garp (another D.). But Roger's purpose (or fate) was to start the great pirate age and he seemed to have known exactly what was going to happen after his execution too based on what he said to Rayleigh when they last saw each other.
    Last edited by Anduren; May 16, 2014 at 02:22 PM.

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast