Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Shokugeki No Soma 68 Discussion/69 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Shokugeki No Soma 68 Discussion/69 Predictions

There isn't a spoiler section for chapter 68 so allow me to post it here! :P

http://www.manganetabarespoiler.com/...8-spoiler.html

The chapter is basically a flashback of how she prepares for the battle but it still looks pretty interesting for me
    Last edited by Leoat12; May 01, 2014 at 08:51 AM.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Shokugeki No Soma 68 Spoiler Thread

Discuss Souma spoiler here.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raijatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shokugeki No Soma 68 Spoiler Thread

So it really is his forcefull Hells-Kitchen like style against rural ingridients (though pretty high class if i googled Hotate right)
    I actually could see megumi winning this or at least getting an honorable mention, mayb I just want her to go against that italian guy one day.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be quite epic if she wins but her opponent scored equal to Souma in the qualification so it's not easy i think

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You might have a point of something because, once again it is regal vs ordinary food cooking but this time, there is something extra is in the bet. Now it is power to suppress vs benevolence: Kurokiba has always used the term of supermecy, which forces his consumersto eat them without any objections, while Megumi more focuses on heartwarming and have the people who ate it enjoy themselves. Both soup and noodles play a vital part there, so it would be up to them how to utilize the ingredients.

By the way, there is a new post about that battle between the two in the Main Tournament section, feel free to share your thoughts and opinion over there.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...urnament/page2

P.S.: Speaking about ramen, is her memory about the Yukihira Family Battle inspire for her to make such dish? Putting that aside, did Megumi found her own eureka for that particular dish?

Quote Originally Posted by xzaizenx View Post
    It would be quite epic if she wins but her opponent scored equal to Souma in the qualification so it's not easy i think
    It is true that both Megumi and Kurokiba's skills are in great distance, it how well both Megumi and Kurokiba battle together is entirely depend on their presentations.
    Last edited by Chingaruna517; April 23, 2014 at 02:41 PM. Reason: update

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that was a thrilling affair but I think the shota backstory for Kurokiba Ryou as well as his firey nature strongly suggests that he will definitely come out the winner in this ordeal. Tadokoro continues to struggle with planning and thinking in advance weighing too many options without having any sort of winning image in view, while Kurokiba consistently shows great ability to be forward thinking, strong-willed, and confident on his own abilities, knowledge, and skill. Starting out at such a high level early and with great experience further implies that he will win. Tadokoro seems to have made a decent effort but her opponent is just too good.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter is finally out

Great that they saved Kurokiba's story for this moment, to think that he was already chef in a early age. It really increases his potential in the tournament, he is someone like Yukihira, but he is specialized in seafoods since the beginning, I believe. Therofore, I think that he has more experience than Megumi. The preliminaries descriptions in this chapter, we already can see that Kurokiba dish impose more respect, at least that was my feeling.
    Looking forward to see more about his story and his meeting with Alice.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raijatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I found it interesting how even their match is so far. While Kurokiba (black fang...hrhrhr) impresses by his sheer force she does so by giving a performance in dilligence and grace. This is more emphasized on the fact taht she wasn't even very nervous after she knew what ramen to cook. Both are from seaside towns, with plenty of experience in fish dishes and come from reknowned restaurants (I presume he wasnt really the main chef but more like Souma) I think it will be more a battle of Hells kitchen (I hate gordon ramsey) vs. gentleness. The flashback was mildly interesting as it painted him as being a mirror character fo Souma (being the sole chef of a restaurant from a young age, presumably overshadowed by someone grant and emposing) So I kind of hope he'll win so he has a match against Souma in the semi-finals

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shokugeki No Soma 68 Discussion/69 Predictions

It might be weird, but I'm cheering for Kurokiba. I don't want Megumi to win this. She really is impressive already getting to the top 8th.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply