Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: King's abilities, Disaster and Chastiefol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: King's abilities, Disaster and Chastiefol

Again, that was said by two people who probably don't know the depth of power of a true Great Holy Knight. I don't recall it being said his power was held back by a significant degree, much less to a fraction of his total power. We don't know by how much he kept his power in check. That being said, we don't know how Helbram compares to Hendricksen and by how much his bit of power added to Helbram's during their fight. If what he added made Helbram as strong as he was now, then yeah, I'll concede to the fact that he would have beaten Meliodas, but I still stand by what I said, If Helbram truly had the power, he should have had the rank. I'm sure there is a reason he doesn't. I'm willing to admit that I'm possibly wrong and Helbram did indeed have the power comparable of that to a true Great Holy Knight, but as it stands now, I'm assuming he is weaker than them and they have a much more power. I'd just hate to think that the Sins are that much stronger than the Great Holy Knights.

Thinking about it now, I should clarify. I don't think Helbram matches up to Dreyfus or Hendricksen specifically. He can have the strength expected of a Great Holy Knight, but in comparison to those two, he is weaker.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

They were feeling his power, I don't see any particular reason for us to think they were wrong on that at least in terms of pure volume of power. Otherwise the assumption would be that they said that with nothing to base that on (in spite of us knowing they can feel power and they just fought alongside and against a great holy knight) which does not make sense. King specifically said helbram could not use his full power while in human form and the difference in power was quite drastic based on what we saw. Helbram went from being easily toyed around by king to toying around with king until king bothered to use more of his power. That, alone with helbram being compared with a great holy knight upon transforming, suggests the difference between the two forms was quite large. The manga has made the point time and time again that the sins are basically the strongest dudes around. Not one of them has ever been beaten in a fair fight just yet and there is a reason for that, in a fair fight they are inhuman monsters fighting against, well, just humans. As far as we know so far meliodas, diane and king at least have been fighting for hundreds of years. Gowther is apparently not human either and odds are he is also ancient. Ban is 40 years old but he does not seem to lag behind the other sins, he actually bested meliodas up until the demonic transformation. I guess escanor and merlin are still up there though... Even in dreyfus' flashback we saw that only the sins were thought to be comparable to zarathras who was supposed to be the strongest by quite a bit. Based on what we have seen anyways there is little reason for us to think that a great holy knight is even a somewhat adequate enemy for at least meliodas and king. Meliodas already blasted a nation along with its holy knights into oblivion. King was stopping wars on his own against nations before chastiefol... chastiefol presumably made him stronger. Gowther has virtually no offensive power and he still managed to take out dreyfus safe for whatever that intruder was. Its not that of a stretch that the other sins are in a similar league (or that diane would beat dreyfus in a fight were she does not take damage from 3 holy knights beforehand).

Thinking about chastiefol, I wonder what other forms it could have. We saw helbram using the roots of the tree so shouldn't chastiefol have an equivalent to that? There should be a form that can actually transform into roots or vines.... What about the trunk? I am guessing the trunk of the tree has its own properties so there should be a form of it that takes advantage of that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

With this latest chapter, there isn't much that I can argue with. I knew the Sins were the strongest knights, but I thought that the Great Holy Knights would be somewhat comparable or a threat of some sort. I'm a bit disappointed that that doesn't seem to be the case.

I had assumed that Chastiefol was a constructed from the trunk of the tree. I would be surprised if it wasn't and the trunk of the tree had it's own properties unique to itself. I wonder how was Chastiefol constructed. And how did the King of Liones get it?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the weapon itself was forged from the tree, I can't really say if the exact part from which it was forged actually makes a difference here. The spear itself has never actually been attributed a part of form so it is hard to say... I always thought that if it did represent something it would be the the branches although the trunk of the tree would make sense too. I wonder why the author simply just gives the numbers to each form as he uses them, there are at least 3 forms which don't seem to stand for anything. I am guessing that the pillow is form one as form two is the bear that seems to be made out of the pillow and the spear is form 6 or 7....

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2