Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

"Nothing goes over my head, I have excellent reflexes" This movie was so good; I laughed more than I should've at times but man, I have to see it again. It's so different yet fits the Marvel cinematic universe so very well. The only thing I can remember thinking negatively of, is after a while, the emotional scenes just didn't appeal to me anymore; I guess amidst the jokes, some of them felt "too soon"?. But yes, this ranks up there with Winter Soldier for me.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    I plan on seeing it this weekend. Looking forward to the Thanos cameo as well.
    Okay, I got to see "Guardians of the Galaxy" this weekend and I thought the movie was pretty good. The main characters really made the film for me and becoming a team for the greater good or whatever was somewhat cliche, but still worked overall. Aside from Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana, I think, Bradley Cooper's voice performance as Rocket Raccoon was excellent. Bautista really showcased the Drax character well and created that balance between the other four characters.

Thanos's appearance was really well done and didn't overshadowed the film at all. He will eventually become the core element to possibly bringing these characters together will possibly The Avengers team or at least one or two of the main characters. Josh Brolin's voice work really brings Thanos to life and I can't wait to see this villain in action with the Infinity gauntlet.

Give the movie an 9 out of 10, the second best Marvel film for 2014 next to "The Winter Soldier".
    Munga is Mad Phunny.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got around to watch A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More, some damn fine movies I've somehow delayed to watch for too long. Great performance by all actors, especially by Van Cleef, Gian Maria Volonté and Eastwood. He might be a mighty asshole in real life, in regards to his ex-wife, but he's playing a fantastic hard boiled character. Got to refresh my memore of Dirty Harry after watching The Good, The Bad and the Ugly tonight.

Don't spoil me on GotG, release is still three weeks away here.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"Under the Skin" is by far the worst movie I have ever seen.

22 jump street : is better than 21 jump street.

Captain America 2: good

Syrup: okay

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Under the Skin is the worst movie you ever saw? Ahahaha, you must have only watched the highest critically acclaimed movies ever created your whole life. If the movie wasn't for you okay, but it's far from the worst movie, it was a fantastic movie if anything.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched GotG- It was as if I was watching only to wait for the next joke. ahahaha. But I liked it. Chris Pratt was awesome. And my god, how he got so buffed up like that.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just came back from Into the Storm such an amazing movie it was. Definitely on my top 3 list of best movies of the year (1. Transformers, 2. Into the Storm, 3. Amazing Spiderman). The pv had shown at least two scenes from closer to the end of the movie, but they were just epic to watch in full lenght in the movie (the plane scene at the airport is incredible just as it was in the pvs), Truly we are living in the ends times if such a destructive mindblowing creation can be imagined like that, just one of the most astonishing natural disasters in history, a miracle of nature indeed, with a great cast and excellent way of filming with Trey at the cameras for much of it.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Any comments on the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes? I've yet to see it but I was curious if anyone had seen it....

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Apes was pretty good, the signaling between the apes (no speech) made for excellent scenes and some pretty memorable moments, interesting design choice for the movie.

Also that musical score, incredible.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Under the Skin is the worst movie you ever saw? Ahahaha, you must have only watched the highest critically acclaimed movies ever created your whole life. If the movie wasn't for you okay, but it's far from the worst movie, it was a fantastic movie if anything.
    Would not call it fantastic, the style of it was interesting for sure but it overshadowed everything else. Ok movie if you wanna try something else, sure not the worst movie ever but not fantastic either.

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    Just watched GotG- It was as if I was watching only to wait for the next joke. ahahaha. But I liked it. Chris Pratt was awesome. And my god, how he got so buffed up like that.
    GotG is the first blockbuster i am looking forward to watching in a very long time and if the movie is really like i imagine it to be, it should be good.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I just came back from watching Guardians of the Galaxy. Good entertainment, nice action but most of all, humor was the highlight for me. I always liked Chirs from Parks & Rec. and I was doubtful how he would fit into a superhero role. He did well. Overall, I enjoyed the movie.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait for GotG, I'm going to watch it next saturday. As I couldn't see it this week-end, I went to see Lucy. It's entertaining as long as you put your brain offline. It's absolutely stupid but if you can go beyond that, you have scarlet johansson, a good sense of humor, a wonderful pursuit in the streets of Paris and no downtime.

Two weeks ago was Dawn of the planet of the apes and it was spectacular. In my opinion, a great movie, nothing less. The way those apes are animated is exceptionnal. It's hard not to be uninpressed by special effects nowadays but those apes, just great.
    Last edited by zelllogan; August 10, 2014 at 08:45 AM.

SCHWING LORD 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Any comments on the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes? I've yet to see it but I was curious if anyone had seen it....
    Superb movie. You must watch it. I agree with zell, the animation was spectacular, and the motion capture was amazing. I'm speechless at how well they moved around. Andy Serkis is a god.

I felt like a major emotional factor was DRASTICALLY underused, which is my main complaint, but I won't expand due to spoilers.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll get to it after I watch Guardians again this week .

Also:

I think I'm looking forward to it being over more than actually seeing the film itself. Says a lot.

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't even bothered, since it was obviously a milking job before the first movie even came out. That and I wasn't a huge fan of the LoTR series either.

New Reply
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast