Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Wasted money on Amazing Spiderman 2; I guess in fairness it wasn't that bad, just that the previous film I saw was Winter Soldier, which was brilliant. The soundtrack was enjoyable, particularly Electro's theme and the action scenes were better than what I was expecting. The acting was somewhat of a let down and the film itself as a whole just wasn't up to scratch. Marvel Studios movies are definitely in a different league.
    Well, at least there's still "X-Men: Days of Future Past" coming up. I heard a lot of similar reviews about "Amazing Spider-man 2" and particularly how the ending of the film was bullsh*t. I'll still give it the benefit of the doubt and go see it Friday.

p.s., I just hope that we see more of the Sentinels than Wolverine in "Days of Future Past". If not, I'll really be pissed.

"I did battle with ignorance today and ignorance won".

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I recommend this movie:
    Go (1999)--it's pretty funny.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure why spiderman 2 got that much criticism.... I enjoyed the movie, even more than the first. Much better than the ones with the mcguire guy, I can't stand him. Of course the new spiderman has the benefit of 12 years of improved CGI but still... For me what makes the movies is emma stone, she makes the movie a bit more than just a spiderman movie. I hope they don't go with mary jane in the next movie, she is actually not a very good character. Mary jane is basically a bimbo that wants to be an actress, there is nothing interesting or funny about her. Hopefully they go with the black cat girl, that ought to be interesting.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I am not sure why spiderman 2 got that much criticism.... I enjoyed the movie, even more than the first. Much better than the ones with the mcguire guy, I can't stand him. Of course the new spiderman has the benefit of 12 years of improved CGI but still... For me what makes the movies is emma stone, she makes the movie a bit more than just a spiderman movie. I hope they don't go with mary jane in the next movie, she is actually not a very good character. Mary jane is basically a bimbo that wants to be an actress, there is nothing interesting or funny about her. Hopefully they go with the black cat girl, that ought to be interesting.
    Sorry, I can't stand the british dude who plays spiderman, in fact, I prefer and think tobey maguire does a far better job.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    Sorry, I can't stand the british dude who plays spiderman, in fact, I prefer and think tobey maguire does a far better job.
    Tobey MacGuire is a good actor but him as spiderman is possibly the worst possible casting. At no point, you believe that this one can be a superhero. Spiderman is a little cocky and like to joke with the villains but Tobey MacGuire is a cocky role ? Just horrible casting.

Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I recommend this movie:
    Go (1999)--it's pretty funny.
    I haven't seen "GO" in years and I remember that movie.

Tomorrow is the midnight showing for "Amazing Spider-man 2" and I'm going. Hope to be thrilled and excited and not let down. Really want a good showdown with Spiderman and Electro, fingers are crossed.

Next week: Son Of Batman, blu-ray. Hell, yeah!!.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    I haven't seen "GO" in years and I remember that movie.

Tomorrow is the midnight showing for "Amazing Spider-man 2" and I'm going. Hope to be thrilled and excited and not let down. Really want a good showdown with Spiderman and Electro, fingers are crossed.

Next week: Son Of Batman, blu-ray. Hell, yeah!!.
    do you know know any good movies that are similar to it, since for some reason I like the majority of those kind of movies that were made in the 90's, especially since the movies now at days suck... lol

Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

do you know know any good movies that are similar to it, since for some reason I like the majority of those kind of movies that were made in the 90's, especially since the movies now at days suck... lol
    Today's movies are just reboots and rehashed ideas of 80's and 90's movies and that's why, so many of these films s**k a big one. Thank goodness for talented directors at least.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Surprisingly, Pompeii wasn't bad at all, except I thought the last minute of the movie was dreadfully cheesy; however, overall, it was good and i recommend it.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw the movie divergent the other day. Pretty dull, seeing the movie all I could think of was how it tried to not be the hunger games and how the lead simply seemed like a a poor man's jennifer lawrence.... The credits should have said something like "we got her because jennifer was too expensive now". I hear they want to make a sequel although I can't see why I would want to see it.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would you watch that movie? I think I haven't found a single publication promoting it to be worth watching. :P

Seen the Space Battleship Yamato live action movie from 2010... again. I somehow knew I wouldn't have missed the movie in 2010/2011, but only the credit scene made me remind me that it's my second time watching. Didn't like the enemiy deisgn, but it was watchable yet not great movie nevertheless. Also seen the Daredevil Directors Cut version, which wasn't "that" bad. It somehow fit when you don't take everything seriously and dismiss the convenient timings. Rewatched The Avengers too [damn did I only rewatch movies the whole week? :E], which didn't feel as good as seeing in the theater, I would put the Winter Soldier on top of it, which remind me of Iron Man, which I've also haven't seen since it's release. It wasn't as great as in 2008, but still far better than IM2 and IM3. The only new movies were the kickstartered Veronica Mars movie. Haven't seen any of the series, but it let me pick up an interest for her, only to have her appearing in Heroes in the next year. Damn sad what happed to the series from the second to third season. Back to the movie, it followed a mysterious murder case, had lot's of the cast reappear for some time and was quiet entertaining despite the obvious product placement. Well, I've also seen half of Rubber, the movie about the murderous tire, got to watch it to the end this weekend to make up my mind about that one.

I intend to watch Memories of Murder, The Host and JSA with Kang-ho Song. Maybe I will add the two other Vengence movies from the trilogy into the list, as I can't remember much but Old Boy anymore. Let's call it a Kang-ho Song weekend.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 02, 2014 at 02:17 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

For me and my friends going to the movies is more of a weekly routine thing. When there is nothing any of us has been expecting we just pick whatever looks less terrible. In this particular case we had already seen every other available movie so we went with that one not having a clue of what it was. If I had known it was one of those young adult movies whose target audience is usually the abstract concept of teenage angst and hormones that appeals to teenage existential crisis and being special and unique and not one of the sheeple I might have reconsidered watching it ("might" because there wasn't really an alternative safe for the dubbed rio 2 which is bound to be worst than rio 2 in its intended language)... The movie did make a bunch of money which does suggest a lot of people have seen it. Of course, the millions it has made did not really evidence its target market....

Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man 2 was actually pretty good in my opinion. I think, most critics wanted something different, but the essence of this reboot is still there in this new film. They concluded some story plots and left plenty of room for the next two sequels. There wasn't a mash of villains together, in fact, Electro is the main villain of the film. Rhino is set up nicely for a return as well as Harry Osborn.

The Winter Soldier was just as good, if not better. The story was on point and really tied in well with the previous first film. And the post-credits scene has me hyped for the Avengers sequel.

As far as I'm concern, Marvel is doing good so far this year. I am really hoping that Days of Future Past and Guardians of the Galaxy deliver as well.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I intend to watch Memories of Murder, The Host and JSA with Kang-ho Song. Maybe I will add the two other Vengence movies from the trilogy into the list, as I can't remember much but Old Boy anymore. Let's call it a Kang-ho Song weekend.
    Add Thirst to that list, not as good as JSA or the Revene Trilogy, still a pretty good movie to watch.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That one I can still remember pretty good though, seen it after release an one or two years ago again. Man... that one is five years old too already.

Just finished Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, such a great movie, tragic, funny, gruesome, exciting, thought provoking, all at once.
    Spoiler show
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast