Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

People should stop comparing the previous Sam Raimi's trilogy with the current ASM.
    I'm sick and tired of reading posts that says Webb shoehorn too much plot threads into a single movie
    just because spider man 3 failed badly at it. People should start taking the new trilogy as it is.

Tobey was a great spiderman but easily pales in comparison when compared to Andrew. The new spiderman is probably the most
    faithful adaptation of the one from the comics.

That said, the amazing spider man 2 is an awesome film and I honestly think most of the critics are biased just because it's not by Marvels Studios.
    I mean honestly, Iron man 2 was terrible as hell.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Let´s agree that all Spiderman movies are shitty, ok?

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    People should stop comparing the previous Sam Raimi's trilogy with the current ASM. I'm sick and tired of reading posts that says Webb shoehorn too much plot threads into a single movie just because spider man 3 failed badly at it. People should start taking the new trilogy as it is.

Tobey was a great spiderman but easily pales in comparison when compared to Andrew. The new spiderman is probably the most
    faithful adaptation of the one from the comics.

That said, the amazing spider man 2 is an awesome film and I honestly think most of the critics are biased just because it's not by Marvels Studios.
    I mean honestly, Iron man 2 was terrible as hell.
    People should be able to do whatever they want. And if you are sick of those posts, skip them. Osborn from Spidey 1 was great.

AMS2 is still a bad movie. :P

Jeremy Kirk from firstshowing wrote a review similar to my thoughts.

edit: I think I will have to see Pompeii despite the bad reviews, because of Emily Browning.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 03, 2014 at 11:34 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched "I, Frankenstein," and it was better than I thought it would be, but overall it was somewhat mediocre (6/10) at best.

Dead Man Down was absolutely terrible, and you shouldn't even bother watching it.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I will watch it for Aaron Eckhart as a guilty pleasure in mind, maybe it's so bad it's good again.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I will watch it for Aaron Eckhart as a guilty pleasure in mind, maybe it's so bad it's good again.
    it was a typical demons vs angels movie--which kind of killed it for me, since I was more interested in Frankenstein.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally went to the movie theaters again after not going for over a year or more to see The Amazing Spiderman 2 and it was just incredibly amazing. Enjoyed every moment of it as this Peter Parker is so much more lovable and socialable and oozing with comedy and personality. Must also commend Harry for being such an amazing friend and giving Peter so many good scenes, hugging twice, joking along in the mansion scene and even some drama. Personally my favorite moments were definitely his own dilemmas with family, obscrop, and disease, and peter parker drama too. Kind of want to go see it again.

I just wish someone could explain the ending scene.
    Spoiler show

The mid credits sequence was weird inclusion.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    I just wish someone could explain the ending scene.
    Spoiler show

The mid credits sequence was weird inclusion.
    Spoiler show

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

People should be able to do whatever they want. And if you are sick of those posts, skip them. Osborn from Spidey 1 was great.

AMS2 is still a bad movie. :P

Jeremy Kirk from firstshowing wrote a review similar to my thoughts.

edit: I think I will have to see Pompeii despite the bad reviews, because of Emily Browning.
    I guess I still don't get the hate. Everyone's been pointing it out but I enjoyed it too much to see its flaws or if there was anyone great enough for it to deserve
    a 54/100 on rottentomatoes anyway.
    I thought it is one of the best and I'm sticking to that until someone else can really prove me wrong.

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Teaser Clip for Godzilla:

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I've teased myself enough already.
    Spoiler show

Pompeii was as bad as expected, so simple, so predictable, the most basic of basic that has already been shown countless times before. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    I guess I still don't get the hate. Everyone's been pointing it out but I enjoyed it too much to see its flaws or if there was anyone great enough for it to deserve
    a 54/100 on rottentomatoes anyway.
    I thought it is one of the best and I'm sticking to that until someone else can really prove me wrong.
    If you don't share the opinion and/or not put worth in those points presented, than it will never convince you. You may have enjoyed it, but that doesn't stop his argument from being true too. Guilty pleasures don't have to be great movies and 54% makes it mediocre, not good. :P
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 05, 2014 at 11:49 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched ASM2 yesterday and I loved it. I have not enjoyed any spiderman movie more. It was entertaining and that's it. I don't feel there was too much on the plate. Electro played the main part as the super villain and Harry complemented his role. The ending was somewhat shocking. I never imagined what happened but it also showed the character of Spiderman.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

By saying that the ending is shocking you are already spoiling people... the damn hint to something is always already a spoiler.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Monuments Men was super duper BAD! Boring.................................. to the max!

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

If you don't share the opinion and/or not put worth in those points presented, than it will never convince you. You may have enjoyed it, but that doesn't stop his argument from being true too. Guilty pleasures don't have to be great movies and 54% makes it mediocre, not good. :P
    Yeah, I'm arguing with movie critics and people who have obviously watched more movies than me so I should just shut up because their opinion is so overwhelming valid and mine is not because I'm a spiderman fan and that's the only reason why I loved it right?

There were so many good things about this movie that outweighs the bad. All I'm saying is I don't see why it's that bad to deserve a mediocre score when a movie like Thor 2 or Spiderman 3 ranked even higher in RT. Heck, they can't even point out why it is mediocore besides going on and on about bad narrative, too many plotlines, a bad villain and/or too many villains. ALL of which spiderman 3 did worst.
    What's so bad about the narrative? Weren't all the plotlines(if not the most important ones) tied up? Why is it too many villains again when strictly speaking its only 2?

But let's just leave it at that. Apparently I've been forum jumping for the movie and I'm glad that there were still a handful load of people that really enjoyed this movie, spidey fan or not so we'll just go in circles if we continue.

New Reply
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast