Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

So what if those are ranked a little bit higher? Thor 2 and Spider-man 3 weren't great either! Let's not get petty over those little percentages, all three are within the 40-69 range, none was marked as great by the mass of critics. And I honestly don't give a damn about RT anymore either. Just look at Iron Man 3 with 78%, that was one hot piece of garbage excluding the humourous parts. which were the best part of Downey Jr.'s performance to begin with.

P.S.: Nobody is telling you to shut up, let's not begin to twist words here. All I said that we need to agree to disagree if you don't can't see how my percieved negative points aren't outweighing your percieved positive ones. A bad narrative simply destroys any attempt at a great movie for me. And no amount of CGI will be able to save a movie.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 07, 2014 at 12:52 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    The Monuments Men was super duper BAD! Boring.................................. to the max!
    Best sleeping pill since American Hustle for me.

And as someone who was raised in french, it was horrible. I know it's meant as a joke but please, matt damon, just shut up.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't seen too many good films this year, aside from "Captain America 2" and "Amazing Spider-man 2".

"Son of Batman" was really good and got my blu-ray copy yesterday. The story was solid, but the movie was merely an hour long. Animation was tight and the voice casting was excellent. I do, like the choice they have for Batman, if they can't get Kevin Conroy.

"Assault on Arkham" is the next DC Animated feature, can't wait for it.

"I did battle with ignorance today and ignorance won".

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    Haven't seen too many good films this year, aside from "Captain America 2" and "Amazing Spider-man 2".

"Son of Batman" was really good and got my blu-ray copy yesterday. The story was solid, but the movie was merely an hour long. Animation was tight and the voice casting was excellent. I do, like the choice they have for Batman, if they can't get Kevin Conroy.

I actually watched Son of Batman last night after having it for a while. Like you said, the animation is very solid but I expected it to be such, after having seen JLA War. Damian is such a brat but also so skilled that you sort of overlook his childish behaviour. He has such a wonderful character dynamic with Bruce; some quite tense and the hilarious scenes at the Batcave and Wayne Industries in Bruce's office.
    Also, the casting was really well done, Jason O'mara who does Batman's voice in War and also this one is very convincing, so is Stuart Allan as Damian.

When is Assault on Arkham due out?

Also, Godzilla is out next out. Anyone planning to see it?

Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    I actually watched Son of Batman last night after having it for a while. Like you said, the animation is very solid but I expected it to be such, after having seen JLA War. Damian is such a brat but also so skilled that you sort of overlook his childish behaviour. He has such a wonderful character dynamic with Bruce; some quite tense and the hilarious scenes at the Batcave and Wayne Industries in Bruce's office.
    Also, the casting was really well done, Jason O'mara who does Batman's voice in War and also this one is very convincing, so is Stuart Allan as Damian.

When is Assault on Arkham due out?

Also, Godzilla is out next out. Anyone planning to see it?

Assault on Arkham is slated for a fall release and more than likely, that could be around September. This is the last animated feature being released by DC this year and they usually try to push four movies out a year.

I am planning on seeing "Godzilla". I haven't paid any attention to spoilers, trailers or any additional news on the film and just want to see the movie and be surprised. After that, it's Sentinel-time!!!.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    Assault on Arkham is slated for a fall release and more than likely, that could be around September. This is the last animated feature being released by DC this year and they usually try to push four movies out a year.

I am planning on seeing "Godzilla". I haven't paid any attention to spoilers, trailers or any additional news on the film and just want to see the movie and be surprised. After that, it's Sentinel-time!!!.

Oh, wow. Don't know if anything has been mentioned about this, but I can't wait to see this live-action film adaptation.

http://www.mangahere.co/news/bakuman...ated-for-2015/

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

New Robocop movie was as dull as expected. The trailer practically already has shown everything and the plot was as original as a rectangular box. :P

Only Lover Left Alive and a Nicolas Cage movie will be my entertainment for the evening. Maybe Vampire's Kiss or Adaptation. Or I will change my mind and finally watch Filth with McAvoy.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    New Robocop movie was as dull as expected. The trailer practically already has shown everything and the plot was as original as a rectangular box. :P

Only Lover Left Alive and a Nicolas Cage movie will be my entertainment for the evening. Maybe Vampire's Kiss or Adaptation. Or I will change my mind and finally watch Filth with McAvoy.
    Admit the fact that Robocop was a lot better than you expected; however, I do agree that it was mediocre.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The suit a the beginning looked horrible, the one later on did look far more natural. But I guess that's due to faster scenes and dirtier places or they simply changed the color again after the outrage about the black suite in the first trailer and had the first one colored over again. It was probably 10% better tan expected, but I would have to take away twenty percent because of Samuel's false depiction in the trailers too. That wasn't much more than his typical cameo.

Only Lovers Left Alive was really good, OST was nice, it was great to see a slow progress for once in a western movie. How fitting after reading the foreword of Miyazaki's Starting Point, where it's mentioned that movies/anime need to have time develop, different from much garbage that's produced in hollywood nowadays.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 11, 2014 at 07:57 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

We get our first look at the Ben Affleck as Batman for 2016's Batman vs Superman:

Spoiler:  hi-res image show

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We get our first look at the Ben Affleck as Batman for 2016's Batman vs Superman:

I don't know about this. Something about his bat costume (is that what you call it?) seems very strange. Like his veins are prominently made into the material or something. And the bat on his chest seems huge. We'll see; I'd prefer to hold my opinion until I see the actual movie.

I'm back :3

Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully, Superman will get a new look. Wonder Woman, I'd like to see her as well and Eisenberg's Lex Luthor. Batmobile looks a lot better than the Tumbler.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Wth is with his cowl?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHatake View Post

I don't know about this. Something about his bat costume (is that what you call it?) seems very strange. Like his veins are prominently made into the material or something. And the bat on his chest seems huge. We'll see; I'd prefer to hold my opinion until I see the actual movie.
    His chest does seem huge... but on the other hand, which dc hero is not made out almost entirely out of pectoral muscles?

Seeing the bat costume it looks more like certain ones from the comic books. I thought they would go for this sort of look although I did not expect they would buff afflect to this extent. The cowl does look a tad weird, it seems like he should have longer ears... The again that would look kinda ridiculous too. Its a bat costume, I guess there is no way to make it look not ridiculous in some level lol.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHatake View Post

The material does make the costume look veiny indeed, but when you see the full resolution of the image, you'll see that it's the seams of the fabric itself. As for the bat symbol; this is what Zac Snyder is going for since the movie was announced:

We have seen symbols that size before, but imo the design looks a bit lazy and not as intricate as what they came up with for Superman( Man of Steel).

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't notice you could look at the image with that much detail lol. I liked it better form a bit farther away though, I am not sure what to make of that... It looks kinda.... leathery? Dunno lol. It makes sense they would go for a different feel than what nolan went with. Nolan went with more of an actual armor feel to the thing... This one is more comic book inspired and it makes afleck look bigger than he is. On the upside I would argue that this batsuit would suit better the purpose of inducing fear than anything in the nolan trilogy.

I recall reading some time ago that bale was actually too muscular at some point to be batman and he had to actually become less buff. Seeing this batsuit I guess such a thing would not have been an issue in this movie lol. Seriously, the thing looks gigantic... I guess it makes sense the suit looks that big. This is a batman whom we are supposed to believe will last 10 seconds against superman (in spite of the fact that superman can fly faster than what the human eye see) so perhaps the explanation will be that the thing is massive simply because it works as an implausible armor.
    Last edited by kkck; May 14, 2014 at 11:55 AM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast