Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Toriko 276 Discussion Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 276 Discussion Thread

Great chapter. definitely one of the best out of the Top 3 mangas, and less plot holes no jutsu, or no mi.

Funny how the main characters just cooked and ate those monsters like it's nothing.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

So it seems like Toriko>Zebra > the other two since the other two did not knew immediately what was going on.

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Frog capture level prob is 1000+

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't know about the frog yet. Hopefully it will reveal its true identity in the next chapter.

~~~~++~~~~Do You Love Me?~~~~++~~~~

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

I can judge Zebra's strenght because when that head provoked him he attacked every head and it was for nothing, so he mostlikely isnt above level of other 2 HKs.
    And what happened with booger that is on this picture (must be somewhere in pot )

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

This week Toriko is number one manga from my point of view ( One Piece is good but pace is to slow).

About Toriko is GW. I dont think that he trained that much. Probably 80% eating and resting and 20% fighting and training.

About this chapter, really great show from Toriko. I expected much stronger monster ( i think that we all did ) and like i said easy win for Toriko.

One more thing just how big is their watermelon beast. I know that Quinn is big and should be biggest among beasts, but to put all of them in side of watermelon beast i just cant comprehend

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter...raises some questions for me though.

First, I'm starting to wonder how Capture levels scale. Is it truly a 1 point difference as the numbers go up? In other words, is difference in power small between animals with a CL difference of 2 or 3 points. Or does the scale change the higher the capture level? For example, in Human world a beast with CL 60 and one with CL 65 only has a small difference in power; but in GW a beast with 500 CL and one with 505 CL has a HUGE difference in power.

I think Zebra is still definitely the strongest...at least physically if nothing else. I sorta look at Toriko's Ultimate Routine like genjutsu. And just because someone is good with genjutsu, it doesn't mean that they are even better in a physical fight. Plus, it hasn't really been confirmed but it was hinted that Zebra spent some time in the Gourmet World too...even before Toriko's year and a half.

I'm glad we finally get to see what the frog is all about; at least I hope so. I think he was waiting to see if they were strong enough to get through that first part to reveal himself. I hope he does speak the human language or at the very least they have a way to know what he's saying. I don't want a chapter full of Ribbits next week.

And Komatsu...good cooking but...well, I guess Komatsu will be Komatsu...

Quote Originally Posted by milek View Post
    This week Toriko is number one manga from my point of view ( One Piece is good but pace is to slow)
    Yes, One Piece is painfully slow. I can see the current arc going for another year and a half real world time.
    Last edited by VashDaStampede; May 07, 2014 at 12:44 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but God Usopp killed me this week however I agree that Toriko is my favorite Wednesday manga as usual (while Bleach this week basically erupted one of the oldest, most infamous debates in that manga's history). I'm somewhat obsessed with that Frog though lol that's pretty much the only thing I want info on right now. I'm terribly tempted to use that panel with him in the car for something. The randomness of things like this Frog and the unorthodox monster designs are just awesome. I still can't believe they'd eat anything from that abomination though, especially Sani who, if you guys noticed, was the only one who never realized this whole thing was an illusion. And by the way, if it was all an illusion then where did they get the leech meat from, as well as all of the other ingredients? I never even saw anyone kill anything other than the leech heels anyway...
    Last edited by obamamania; May 07, 2014 at 10:56 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    Sorry, but God Usopp killed me this week however I agree that Toriko is my favorite Wednesday manga as usual (while Bleach this week basically erupted one of the oldest, most infamous debates in that manga's history). I'm somewhat obsessed with that Frog though lol that's pretty much the only thing I want info on right now. I'm terribly tempted to use that panel with him in the car for something. The randomness of things like this Frog and the unorthodox monster designs are just awesome. I still can't believe they'd eat anything from that abomination though, especially Sani who, if you guys noticed, was the only one who never realized this whole thing was an illusion. And by the way, if it was all an illusion then where did they get the leech meat from, as well as all of the other ingredients? I never even saw anyone kill anything other than the leech heels anyway...
    Yeah agree God Usopp made definitely OP number one this week but Toriko was definitely the second best.
    I think that's the strength of the illusion. I think it's the same as in Reborn(not sure if u've read it) when Mukuro used this things called "Yugenkaku" that turned an illusion to reality.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

If Toriko can deal 500-600 CL by intimidation what else can he do? i mean if he fight for real i want to see his Appreciation techs

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, that was one hell of an illusion.....I wonder what Toriko is capable of now that he came back from Gourmet world.
    Anyway I died when that from came; I think that this is the funniest moment of the arc. LOL
    Looking forward to reading the next chapter and discover who that frog is.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not just intimidation, its ultimate rutine. So far its the strongest pre-shot rutine that he has. Even Jirou's intimidation couldnt kill that monkey and 3-headed tiger(which are probably at same level as these monsters), and i dont think that Toriko is still at that level(Jirou's).
    And for OP vs Toriko, for me there wasnt any new info in OP in this chapter(all could have been guessed), so Toriko chapter was more interesting ,altough, it looked like frog driving in took too much space(3 pages or so)
    Last edited by senadtm87; May 08, 2014 at 03:59 AM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like the four Heavenly Kings are leveling their gourmet cells gradually. In time to come, they would probably be the strongest and overtaking their masters. I can't imagine if the four of them combine their power and fight. I believe it would be awesome.

~~~~++~~~~Do You Love Me?~~~~++~~~~

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In all fairness to Jirou, he wasn't attempting to kill those beasts with his intimidation or even incapacitate them and that was not an ultimate routine that he used. Toriko and the rest have been using intimidation all along which isn't at the same level as ultimate routine. And as for Zebra, he learned right away after attacking that it was all illusions, which is why he stopped. We don't know exactly when Toriko and Coco figured it out, but I'm assuming it was after the leeches so we can't hold that against Zebra. Sani remained oblivious until the very end.
    Last edited by obamamania; May 08, 2014 at 03:02 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Jirou is still at least 10 times stronger then all of them together.

Midora, blue nitro probably even more.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ProGoddess View Post
    It looks like the four Heavenly Kings are leveling their gourmet cells gradually. In time to come, they would probably be the strongest and overtaking their masters. I can't imagine if the four of them combine their power and fight. I believe it would be awesome.
    Their masters? Ichiryuu is dead so...whom are u talking about?.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only ones who had anything resembling a master other than Ichiryuu were Toriko and Sani who studied under Chin and Guemon but I don't think ProGoddess was referring to them. And I don't think they'll be at the Acacia disciple's levels for quite some time, I'm not even comfortable saying that they've even outright passed the 0th biotope level. We still don't know how strong any of those guys were because the damn blue Nitros rained on our parade...

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast