Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 276 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 276 Discussion Thread

Jirou's meat dish was shown on chapter 263 to be level ~4400(Ashurasaurus), so there is absolutely no way Toriko is at his level, and also who's to say Jirou was trying to kill those beasts over there? Still the progress is amazing and I also can't wait to see what kind of a role will the frog play as he seems to me more of a native like Buranchi, which doesn't have a capture level, simply less HW-like.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though Ichiryu has passed away, he will always be the four Heavenly King's master (and adopted father). Besides having their training with him, the four boys have been trained by various masters (though for a short while each time) along the way as they grow. Some training are physical like fist power of Toriko's, while others are knowledge, techniques and even advices.

For Toriko to be paired with Komatsu, forming a combo, and travelling and fighting together, is all thanks to Ichiryu's "guidance" that makes Toriko realises the importance of having a partner (and a good one even). This piece of advice may seem insignificant in a casual conversation, but it has created a firm foundation for the pair (Toriko and Komatsu) in their future endeavours. Furthermore, it has also strengthen their partnership as a bishokuya and a chef, which ultimately form an intimate comradeship and friendship.

The Nitros are still very much unknown at this point. There aren't much information about them and how far extent is their power. But I believe, as Toriko and the gang (inclusive of their pets) grow stronger, they may eventually bypass them (or at least at par). Though having said that, sometimes with good usage of knowledge, techniques and skills, it may create unbelievable power to win a battle. Even merely one's feeling of concern and care may win over a mountain.

0th biotope would be a good place to gather information since it is also researching on the Nitro beasts. In time to come, more details of them will come to light. Though the members of 0th biotope have aided in the battle with Bishokukai, they would probably be assisting again in the near future in Gourmet World. Likewise, staff in IGO like Rin will be a great support for the incoming gourmet war.

~~~+~~~Do You Love Me?~~~+~~~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Before I thought that the frog was PAIR, but I take that back. I now believe that the frog is the transporter for the ingredients that the 4HK capture in the Gourmet World to take back to the Human World.

As for this arc, I believe AIR is composed of at least 4 different ingredients. A survivor of the 0th Biotope will guide them. The 4HK will split up to find the Ingredients. Komatsu will either stumble onto, or be given the AIR knife. When he first uses it, the knife will break revealing the true AIR knife within. I'm uncertain if either NEO or Bishokukai will appear, since I believe this arc is to properly showcase the 4HK, Komatsu, and their Animal Partner's skills. However, I do believe that the 8 Emperor of the continent will appear.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    The only ones who had anything resembling a master other than Ichiryuu were Toriko and Sani who studied under Chin and Guemon but I don't think ProGoddess was referring to them. And I don't think they'll be at the Acacia disciple's levels for quite some time, I'm not even comfortable saying that they've even outright passed the 0th biotope level. We still don't know how strong any of those guys were because the damn blue Nitros rained on our parade...
    I find it quite possible that Toriko is around 0th Biotope level or even above. I mean he can take down monsters around 500-600 by just intimidating and that's quite a power. The 4 HK even have Gourmet Cells and seem to be controlling them quite well (not perfect) so I guess they should be equally or even stronger than them.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like the gourmet cells' growth is rather mysterious. Every time when a special ingredient is eaten, the gourmet cells immediately respond to the food taken. In other words, for those who have gourmet cells in them will keep on growing (as long as "good" food continues to be supplied) and the more they grow, the stronger the body will be. Thus it is difficult to gauge how powerful the four Heavenly Kings are since they are constantly hunting for ingredients and eating them. Besides, the more they engage in battle, whether with humans or beasts, the more fighting experience they will gain. Furthermore they will also acquire better knowledge and insights in using their battle skills and it is from these battles that new skills have developed and/or existing skills have taken to a higher level. It is like "hitting multiple birds with one stone". Perhaps at some point, their power may and could have overtaken the members of the 0th Biotope. At this point, Toriko and the gang, together with their animal partners, are already stepping into the Gourmet World which is evidenced enough that they are "ready" for what it takes in this dangerous realm.

Shadoguardian: You have an interesting view and prediction of what's coming which seems logical. Where do you get those information or merely speculation?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I find the Capture Level thing a bit strange, like when Midora brought two monsters deep into Area 8, level 388 and 417 (I think), and it takes two 0th Biotope members to fight the two And then we find at Yutou Island, which is just the entrance to Area 8, there's a monster with capture level 487 which Toriko takes out with ease.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Midora didnt bring those monsters with him(they werent his pets or something), he found them at that location. Melk and that serguon girl mostlikely delt with that monsters with ease, but they werent shown in other chapters so we dont know what happened to them.

TORIKO USED "ULTIMATE ROUTINE" NOT "INTIMIDATION" !!! save this to your brain

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the distinction between ultimate routine and intimidation needs to saved into everyone's brains lol, though I'm not sure which post caused you to say that =p But I do agree with the fact that capture levels are the most wishy-washy aspect of this manga. There's basically been overall capture level inflation that hasn't really kept up with the pace of the powers that we've seen. The place Midora and Ichiryuu fought was fairly deep inside gourment world too, yet the only monster we saw that was a higher level than the soy milk road guy was Ripper the Fox and not by a lot. It took two 0th guys to take down monsters under CL 500 that Toriko could have killed by sneezing at too? It all around doesn't quite match up if you take the capture levels literally, which is why I try my best to ignore them. My gold standard for capture levels right now is just gonna be to compare everything to the Four Beast and then Soy Milk Road and up, otherwise it's all ambigious.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not just the monster capture levels.
    Human power levels are also inconsistent.
    Most notably is Mansam.
    How he got mortally wounded by a gt robo in the early arc is beyond me, when he is supposed to be bad ass. And he needs to get serious to take out one too.
    How toriko and the others trained with ichiryuu since he was still kid, and the 2 of them struggled against level 29 monster. But now they are growing at tremendous speed.
    How mansam (again!) got fatally wounded by a monster who will now run away from toriko without even a fight. I sill think Mansam is a lot stronger than the 4 HKs.
    Etc etc.

All mangas have these inconsistencies.
    Even one piece has it too, back when the whole straw hat crew got stomped so hard by cp 9 in their first encounter, without cp 9 using their real power. Then couple of hours later, without any training whatsoever (minutes?not sure) they fight again and win.
    Just enjoy the manga without trying to think about power levels too much.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I try not to, which is why I said that I take them with extreme caution lol. This manga trys to quantify power the way DBZ did though and I don't think it's as effective.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the author pays much attention to the details of the Monster Capture Level or the Human Power Level as they aren't the main focus of the manga in relation to the story. Thus the numbers (of individual monsters' or humans' levels) do not yield much significant that may have resulted in the inconsistency. It looks like the allocation of levels are merely randomised and they are not assigned in numerical order. They are more like decorative items that complements the story. It would be advisable to take it with a pinch of salt.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you forgot that Mansam has knocking on him, and he needs a lot of time to release his power, so he mostlikely didnt show everything he's got.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by senadtm87 View Post
    Did you forgot that Mansam has knocking on him, and he needs a lot of time to release his power, so he mostlikely didnt show everything he's got.
    I reread chapter 25 again and again.
    Doesnt matter if he has knocking on him, mansam was fully ready for a fight.
    And I'm still in opinion that a a GT robo at that level of power shouldnt even be able to wake mansam when hes sleeping

I'm pretty sure the next time we see mansam fight, he will literally destroy monsters over 1000 capture levels. Yes, I believe he is that strong.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

About Mansam

He didnt expect that attack form Gt robot and Mansam is a lot stronger then all of HK.

He could probably even hold his ground against GK

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Mansam is also one of the humans that has gourmet cells in his body. Thus he should be growing stronger as long as he is feeding his cells.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast