Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nanatsu no Taizai 75 Discussion/76 Predictions

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanatsu no Taizai 75 Discussion/76 Predictions

I doubt sending gilthunder for the sneak attack would have made that much of a difference. King could still use most of his power based on how he won against helbram and there is no way gilthunder has even a small fraction of the full power of a sin, the guy is at best slightly stronger than hauser. Dreyfus is someone whose strength is considerable even against a properly armed sin, even in his weakened state he would make a better choice than gilthunder. The issue here is just what exactly is gilthunder doing, if he went on his own then he must have been sent to do something specific. Perhaps seeing that helbram was a fairy made dreyfus order gilthunder to investigate his palace or something... he might even be on his way to the demon. Or he might be on his way to check up on the princesses. The sins were after elizabeth and as far as we saw and most of the holy knights seem to be busy. Meliodas, gowther and ban already took out a bunch. Helbram, dreyfus, hauser, guila and jerico are no longer assets and hendricksen with his subordinates are fighting king arthur, meliodas and the wizard. The only relevant knights left are gilthunder and not-merlin.

I am not sure if the hellblaze enchantment are the same as the fire from the demon.. It being an enchantment should mean it is something that can be learn though, other people have freely used enchantments before. It is a pretty good idea though, it would add a lot to the story that the hellblaze is purgatory fire.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Korean Kuroko's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that was a fucking disgrace...
    I am seriously disappointed in Dreyfus and Nakaba.
    Not even Arthur could keep my mind on that pitiful display from Dreyfail.

MangaHelper 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nico Brown's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I too am disappointed in how badly Dreyfus is looking these past couple chapters. Physically he shouldn't be injured that much but I never expected Gowther's nightmare attack to impede him to such a degree.
    http://imageshack.com/a/img839/2732/ppsj.jpg

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dreyfus is a character who has always existed in the shadow of someone or something bigger than himself, so this isn't so disappointing. He's strong, but never the strongest. Even now he couldn't even become THE Great Holy Knight since he is forced to share the title with a man who has manipulated everything from the start. The fact that he still fights for supremacy even now that he's reached the pinnacle somewhat proves that even he is unsatisfied with his status. An besides, the issue now isn't the power of Dreyfus, it's the power of King who seems to be a complete monster. Diane was a bad matchup for Dreyfus, but still King's control of his abilities is kind of unreal.
    Last edited by obamamania; May 02, 2014 at 07:46 PM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Physically Dreyfus is clearly above both Gowther and Diane, atleast. But yeah, he can't catch a break lol

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang, I don't even care about Dreyfus anymore. Now I just want to see Meliodas beat down Hendricksen, if possible.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing did piss me off about Dreyfus though, and that's how absolutely pathetic he acted when King had him pinned down. No matter what you ask him and no matter what truth sits before him, all he cares about is being strong enough to kick your ass. They're basically unraveling Hendrickson's scheme and revealing the truth to this idiot, and the only thing he's thinking is "omg King is strong..." He's a silver medalist for life, I have no doubt that a weak-willed man such as Dreyfus would EASILY give in to Hendrickson if he was offered Demon's blood. And as I said before, I wasn't disappointed by this because ever since his original insane speech about how he hates ideals and wants to break through all reason with his power, yet somehow has his own ideals blah blah blah. He had the potential to be a righteous man before this assault began.
    Last edited by obamamania; May 03, 2014 at 12:47 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, dreyfus without a doubt has a severe inferiority complex however I think you are missing a part of the issue he has with the sins. He knows the sins are innocent, he was the one who planned on setting them up. He needs to defeat king and the others because doing that is protecting his own backside from prison rape. In his particular circumstances king's strength is particularly relevant and the fact that hendricksen is planning to bring about a second holy war is not that relevant. If dreyfus could actually get his head out of his ass then he would have actually fought hendricksen when hendricksen revealed his plan to him.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I forgot about him setting them up lol, but he's still just as pathetic because look where all of this has gotten him. He didn't do any of this for some grandoise reason, it was just to satisfy his still completely unsatisfied ego. The guy who helped him with his coup even stole the honor of being the solo Great Holy Knight from him, so really he's been lead along since the beginning by Hendrickson. Dreyfus has no honor, and he has no purpose right now other than to be Hendrickson's puppet. However, even though he can never truly atone for his past sins he could get a lot of redemption if he stops pretending that he can become the best and actually opposed Hendrickson. He was a vulnurable man back then when his brother was alive but he could have chosen a different and better path in which he very well could have been worthy of being the Great Holy Knight but Hendrickson is like the devil and tempted him down the wrong path. He decided that when the bar is too high, you should just lower it =/

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it just obvious to only me that the hooded figure is Merlin

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That is basically what everyone thought the microsecond the hooded figure appeared. It is weird though, it kinda seems like she is trying to hide it but she makes it too obvious. The only suspicious thing here is the fact that she does not seem to carry her sacred treasure with her. She has that weird hand thing when her sacred treasure appears to be a floating orb... There is something else going on here.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it was made even more obvious when the King was introduced as Arthur.
    It's pretty clear that the one with King Arthur should be Merlin.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

if you think about it if Merlin is a woman then Viviane (Lady of the Lake) that enchant Merlin will be a guy?

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Well, it was made even more obvious when the King was introduced as Arthur.
    It's pretty clear that the one with King Arthur should be Merlin.
    Ahh, you made me remember a post I wrote a few weeks ago.

You are right, merlin is usually a character associated with arthur and in context it makes sense she would be with him. But in this case there is also not-merlin that kidnapped elizabeth and has been helping hendricksen. The post I wrote a few weeks ago had a crackpot theory that addressed that. Basically what we have is that merlin has some sort of cloning ability. Arthur appearing in liones right when the sins were attacking appears to be huge coincidence. And it helped the sins considerably since it helped split the great holy knights and keep one of them busy with an extra powerful warrior, one that would not be accounted for. So my theory is that this was not so much a coincidence and it was more of a plan. Not merlin kidnapped elizabeth but made sure to coordinate it with arthur's move. So the two of them are merlin and merlin is playing all sides for whatever reason. Or maybe she is the lady of the lake and is working alongside merlin... And playing both sides for whatever reason.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just waiting for us to find out that the person with Arthur isn't Merlin at all

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2