Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Nyon's husband/mate/partner?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Nyon's husband/mate/partner?

Well, this might be a tad late but it is something I have always wondered about. Nyon made the point that in her youth she caught the disease hancock got (fall in love) and fled the island in order to be saved from the disease. My interpretation of that is that she basically went to follow her love and then returned for whatever reason. So my question is, who exactly was this person Nyon fell in love with and caused her to leave the island? Will this person ever be relevant in the future story? Nyon as empress of the kuja was perhaps pretty well known in the past so perhaps the man she fell in love with was also in his own way pretty remarkable.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nyon's husband/mate/partner?

It was Garp . No seriously I have no idea but I hope Oda incorporates it somehow in the story.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

It's distinctly possible that it's going to be addressed at some point. I wouldn't be surprised to have that individual aid the SHs in some context later on. It wouldn't be the first passing remark that gained a significant reveal years later.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    It was Garp . No seriously I have no idea but I hope Oda incorporates it somehow in the story.
    Would be funny if Nyon was Dragon's mom.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Australopithecus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, this might be a tad late but it is something I have always wondered about. Nyon made the point that in her youth she caught the disease hancock got (fall in love) and fled the island in order to be saved from the disease. My interpretation of that is that she basically went to follow her love and then returned for whatever reason. So my question is, who exactly was this person Nyon fell in love with and caused her to leave the island? Will this person ever be relevant in the future story? Nyon as empress of the kuja was perhaps pretty well known in the past so perhaps the man she fell in love with was also in his own way pretty remarkable.
    I thought about this too. I think it's Silvers Rayleigh. In a certain chapter after the war, Rayleigh makes his appearance on the Isle of Women. He was confirmed to know Nyun by her name, Gloryosa. He also said that they lived together healthy & happy(Gloriosa, Hancock, and her two sisters). " Health" "Love Sickness"? Rings a bell?

When Hancock revealed her past to Luffy, Gloriosa said that she took care of them(Hanock & her sisters). The closest place to Marijoa is Shabaody. Rayleigh has been living there for a long time now. And if Gloriosa could find them there, then what has brought her from Amazon Lily all the way there in the first place? And could a woman who has love sickness stay on Sabaody & leave her lover, who is supposedly not on Sabaody, out of her reach? In such case, staying on Sabaody would just worsen her homeostasis, or simply her health condition. And could a woman who let her lover out of her reach be happy and healthy on sabaody? Unless Rayleigh was her lover

Edit:
    One more thing: Amazon Lily warrior are known to be strong. I don't think their empress would fall in love with a weakling though. & Rayleigh has qualities that must attract such woman.
    Last edited by Australopithecus; April 26, 2014 at 08:44 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Australopithecus View Post
    I thought about this too. I think it's Silvers Rayleigh. In a certain chapter after the war, Rayleigh makes his appearance on the Isle of Women. He was confirmed to know Nyun by her name, Gloryosa. He also said that they lived together healthy & happy(Gloriosa, Hancock, and her two sisters). " Health" "Love Sickness"? Rings a bell?

When Hancock revealed her past to Luffy, Gloriosa said that she took care of them(Hanock & her sisters). The closest place to Marijoa is Shabaody. Rayleigh has been living there for a long time now. And if Gloriosa could find them there, then what has brought her from Amazon Lily all the way there in the first place? And could a woman who has love sickness stay on Sabaody & leave her lover, who is supposedly not on Sabaody, out of her reach? In such case, staying on Sabaody would just worsen her homeostasis, or simply her health condition. And could a woman who let her lover out of her reach be happy and healthy on sabaody? Unless Rayleigh was her lover

Edit:
    One more thing: Amazon Lily warrior are known to be strong. I don't think their empress would fall in love with a weakling though. & Rayleigh has qualities that must attract such woman.
    I thought about that too but it does not quite fit IMO. Their reaction is somewhat lacking if we consider they could have been lovers at some point. They seemed more like old friends than anything. Maybe someone in roger's crew though. IIRC oda said we were going to see someone else from roger's crew so perhaps it would be that person (bronze?)? Of course if that is the case then the situation would be that gloriosa could have been a former roger pirate.... It would be a cool twist.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda pretty much thinks of Rayleigh and Shakky as a couple, so I doubt he and Nyon were together once. The reason they lived together is because she was exiled for leaving the country. At some point she met Rayleigh and Shakky, lived with them, then found the sisters, took them in and eventually they moved back to Amazon Lily.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    Would be funny if Nyon was Dragon's mom.
    Lol it would be funny indeed. And she would be Luffy's grandmother. But I highly doubt it since she must have known his family name and it would have triggered a reaction from her.

Quote Quote:
    I thought about that too but it does not quite fit IMO. Their reaction is somewhat lacking if we consider they could have been lovers at some point. They seemed more like old friends than anything.
    Exactly. If they were lovers at one point then they would have been kinda awkward around each other, or something like that.
    Quote Quote:
    Oda pretty much thinks of Rayleigh and Shakky as a couple, so I doubt he and Nyon were together once
    Yeah that too, but I'm not sure if he was serious about it.Someone made a fanart about those two and he commented about how they looked good together, or something like that.
    Well at this point I think it's someone who hasn't been shown yet, but for whatever reason they couldn't be together. Everything points to him being some sort of outlaw, or a pirate, maybe from Roger's crew. It would be funny if it was Crokus. But what I'm more interested in knowing is what is a mutual love, or a one sided love like Hancock's?If it's one sided, then it would explain why it didn't work out.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought about that too but it does not quite fit IMO. Their reaction is somewhat lacking if we consider they could have been lovers at some point. They seemed more like old friends than anything. Maybe someone in roger's crew though. IIRC oda said we were going to see someone else from roger's crew so perhaps it would be that person (bronze?)? Of course if that is the case then the situation would be that gloriosa could have been a former roger pirate.... It would be a cool twist.
    I'm not talking here about mutual love, just one sided love. When Gloriosa met up with Rayleigh, Oda-sensei showed us only the island scene with talking bubbles through which Gloriosa was surprised to see Rayleigh and he was reminiscing a little about the past. It looks to me like Oda-sensei deliberately avoided her reaction. For instance, here in the top right panel, while Rayleigh was talking to Hancock's sisters, she was nowhere to be seen. The next panel that follows it thereafter displays only the reactions of the sisters textually. In those two panels, she had a sufficient amount of time in which she might've been reacting silently to his presence. And in the third next panel, we could assume that, upon hearing what Hancock's sisters were shouting, in the panel aforementioned, she came back to reality and reacted to that.

Let's also not forget that she could have been long cured from her Love Sickness in which case it would be natural for her not to have any blushful reaction. And if Rayleigh had a lover about whom only Gloriosa & some of his closest friends(Shakie) know, it would be understandable for her to sooner or later accept it & start behaving casually towards his presence.
    Oda-sensei could've avoided her reaction wittingly just as he avoided the blackening of Haki in the war.
    Last edited by Australopithecus; April 27, 2014 at 03:46 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That seems to be a bit of a stretch to me. It sounds like oda hinted at something between them by doing the exact opposite of what would actually hint at something between them even if one sided. I mean, you are saying oda supposedly avoided showing a reaction from her to hint at there being something between them. That does not make sense at all IMO. If oda had wanted to hint at something in their past then he would have actually shown something. Absence of something does not make evidence in this context IMO.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nyon's lover is probably someone from Gol Rogers ship. Why would she comeback? Because Rogers ordered the crew to seperate

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

That seems to be a bit of a stretch to me. It sounds like oda hinted at something between them by doing the exact opposite of what would actually hint at something between them even if one sided. I mean, you are saying oda supposedly avoided showing a reaction from her to hint at there being something between them. That does not make sense at all IMO. If oda had wanted to hint at something in their past then he would have actually shown something. Absence of something does not make evidence in this context IMO.
    When put that way it does sound strange. Yes, I'm saying that avoid any strong hints to that, he steered clear of showing us a reaction. Perhaps he did that in order to leave room for a change of mind. If he gave us strong hints of Gloriosa's one sided love and in the future decided to change his mind about the identity of her past love, it won't leave him much room for such endeavor. Nothing can be taken as firm evidence here. We are just trying to come to terms with the identity of her past love through some conjecture
    Also, in case the first possibility is off, we can assume that Gloriosa has long been cured of her Lover Sickness in which case it would be natural for her to not display a blushful reaction.

By the way, I apologize for not replying to this part. I was more focused on the first idea of your reply.

Maybe someone in roger's crew though. IIRC oda said we were going to see someone else from roger's crew so perhaps it would be that person (bronze?)? Of course if that is the case then the situation would be that gloriosa could have been a former roger pirate.... It would be a cool twist.
    I don't think Gloriosa was a Roger pirate. To be a pirate just for the sake of being close to the one she loves? When she lays her life on the line, it won't be for the sake of the captain's(Roger's) ambitions, but for the sake of protecting her lover. It would be strange imo. Nice ideas nevertheless

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Gloriosa was to begin with a pirate. She was a kuja, they are by definition a tribe/nation of pirates. In this case the situation would be more along switching sides rather than a turn to piracy in itself because pirate crews tend to be enemies of one another. Perhaps that is the reason why gloriosa even now does not have a good standing in the tribe, because not only she abandoned her people but also she joined an enemy crew.

I am more of the idea that her lover hasn't been met yet. How do you work that into the story if we have already met the person? Rayleigh is as far as we know at sanbody drinking himself to death and stealing... They would actually have to meet him for there to be any relevance in the gloriosa bit. It makes more sense that in the future they run into whoever this person was or someone who was familiar with the situation.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply