Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker: New Waves 157 Discussions / 158 Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker: New Waves 157 Discussions / 158 Predictions

So GMR is clearly messed up in the head, the obvious question would be if that's a result of BOT or something else entirely. And Shioon appears to be enjoying himself, maybe he's had a breakthrough, or he could just be enjoying the battle. Surprisingly little from this chapter.
    Last edited by Impossibility; April 25, 2014 at 06:44 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner coniurare's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eoloas View Post
    But it really looks like gmr doesn't remember unwol and it hurts his head when those painful memories try to resurface.
    He probably shut down after his masters death and later when Shiho died, and later burried his memories about them. At least that is what I hope. I would be pissed if Kaiser or someone else would use mind-controling pills on Goomoonryong.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner bruhmouzone's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

9AD Drugged
    It looks like 9AD is already drugged with the mind control/aggression stuff by the SUC/Kaiser; likely after the fight with Kangsung. It's suspicious that Sophia has more knowledge of the effects than Chunwoo does; and I doubt the headaches are an effect of the BOT, because he'd be able to associate this pain as a typical side effect, considering he's used the technique several times. Not to dismiss 3AD, but I doubt he's the cause of the distress, as he's practically dead on his feet just from defending 9AD's assault.

9AD Manipulated
    The way 9AD snaps after saying the word "master" is almost as if it's a trigger word. In part 1, Kaiser's shows a willingness to manipulate 9AD as he orders glasses guy to shoot Shiho. It stands to reason that SUC/Kaiser feel emboldened and are trying to manipulate him again, but this time in front of a world audience. With Kaiser joining the Group of Five, he may no longer need 9AD; Smug Face and SUC Elder could be using him now for their own agenda.

Ryuji's Motivation
    It also seems that Ryuji only tags along with the SUC to meet 9AD, question him, and test his skills. He seems to be at odds with the SUC and their plans. Before the bomb explodes at the high school, he's the last captain to arrive, and it's suggested that he smashes the cars on the highway to prevent the Sunwoo clan from coming; and when the time comes to detonate the bomb, he gloomily says "so it's come to this." His goal in that mission is to avert great bloodshed by quickly killing Shion and impeding the Sunwoo clan's ability to arrive (which conflicts with the SUC's original plan). Furthermore, as he fights Shion he doesn't want some ideological vindication, but to simply mercy kill someone he believes is being manipulated by "all sorts of Murim garbage." As he says, he wants to "put this boy out of his misery." Ryuji's actions suggest he's aware of the drugging, he tells 9AD "Are you aware that you're not yourself right now?" Yet, he doesn't care enough to try and foil the SUC's plan; he only goes far enough to plant a seed of doubt in 9AD about those he surrounds himself with.

SUC's Plan to "Offer Seoul to 9AD"
    With the mind control drugs distributed, SUC could be planning to have 9AD trigger an uprising as his outburst is broadcast across the country. They may be anticipating a mob of Murim coming to meet 9AD, which will facilitate a demonstration of his power. Sera says SUC's drug "makes subjects especially susceptible to commit acts of violence;" so for 9AD, who's already prone to violence, the effects of the drug combined with BOT may lead him to slaughter the entire audience. Shion says "using sunsaengnim's name, they're going to try and make some great tragedy come to Seoul."

The last part of the plan is the most mysterious. What could the SUC stand to gain by further destroying the Murim and breaking the boundary to the real world? We may be able to gain some insight based on So Jung Chan's actions and motivations thus far:

1. So Jung Chan feels slighted since Hyuk is chosen as the next head, which he may have been expecting for himself. It's never directly stated but it seems like he was slated to be next in line for headship (considering his age and talent), but Hyuk appears as a rare prodigy and So Jung Chan loses his opportunity to be the next leader of Heaven's Way School. Hyuk is around Shioon's age and So Jung Chan seems to be a bit older (maybe 10-15 years); it stands to reason that So Jung Chan was the most promising young talent of the school before Hyuk So Chun's emergence/advancement.

2. Chapter 64 portrays the tension within Heaven's Way, suggesting their's a passive-aggressive power struggle as So Jung Chan is still exerting some influence.
    Spoiler show

This could indicate most of the Heaven's Way School were expecting So Jung Chan to be named the next head, but as Hyuk So Chun is appointed next in line, some are still wavering in loyalty to the next head.

3. SUC/Heaven's Way elder, Jegal, seems to be playing both sides so it's unclear where his real loyalties lie. I suspect he's wholeheartedly part of the SUC but the fact that Hyuk So Chun's phone isn't working could indicate a plan to insulate Hyuk from the upcoming chaos. It may just was well be that Jegal replaces the phone So Jung Chan breaks (ch 65), with a bugged phone, which explains Hyuk's inability to contact anyone once 9AD arrives.

4. ↑ Jegal looks like he's close in age to the current Heaven's Way head; he may have lost the seat of leadership much like So Jung Chun loses the seat to Hyuk.

Tin-foil Hat Theories:

1. So Jung keeps his identity hidden from the public and 9AD so he can play the role of the "savior" who defeats the seemingly invincible 9AD. The second Alliance HQ attack is already planned and prepared for on SUC's part; this move weakens 9AD (tiring him) and the Alliance at the same time, all to the benefit of SUC.

2. So Jung will gain support in Heaven's Way to lead the school after averting the crisis. Jegal plants a bugged phone on Hyuk so it looks like he's hiding from 9AD during the chaos. So Jung plans to gain a seat of power in the Murim (Alliance Head?) as well as the regular world.
    Last edited by bruhmouzone; April 25, 2014 at 07:26 AM.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member smokeesid's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

The display of black panels with some sfxs convey me of something weird. Recalling Unwol and running into the talk about Master had the same effect, like its the sign of blockage of emotions through some manner. So anything emotive is blocked that culminates to headache and something worse (which Sophia hinted) while aggression, depravity and violent tendencies are enhanced

This notion coheres with Sera's explanation about 9Ad is God. Having enhanced depravity, He is embodying what is repressed and attract people towards drugs which liberates and further enhance them to idolize 9AD more
    Some people are born like keys who move this world and exist having no connection to the social hierarchy established by man

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I...was hoping for more.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

there's a 50/50 chance that is was the mind controlling drugs or 50/50 chance of hypnotism that suggest that Chun Woo Han is really a God

i don't really think that Chun Woo Han is under the effects of drugs that is not yet proven look at those who ate the drug their mouths are foaming and i don't think Kaiser will let Chun Woo Han ingest something like that because he needs Chun Woo Han's power and he needs Chun Woo Han in perfect shape for his plans

also i don't think that Kaiser got the Mind Controlling Pills because it was made in South Korea and One Moon School know how many was made and they didn't say anything if it was shipped outside Korea and also that Breaker doesn't have a time table on how many days have pass so we don't know if the Alien Doctor shipped some pills to Germany

so i think hypnotism is the logical choice while it's a fact is that you cannot change your personality or even someone controlling you while you are under hypnosis

we are talking about manhwa here so there is a possibility that the hypnosis is somewhat close to what Ocelot did to become Liquid Ocelot in Metal Gear Solid 4 Self-Hypnosis and nano machines

so that is why Chun Woo Han is always thinking and out of focus sometimes because maybe the hypnosis removed the memory of people dear to him (Unwol , Shiho and Shioon) but when Shioon stopped Chun Woo Han who is under BOT the memory starts to surface again and then again Ryuji ask if Chun Woo Han know "Unwol" and Chun Woo Han starts to think again and then Ryuji said "Master" because he wants revenge on the murim and i think that the hypnotism is that Chun Woo Han doesn't have a master because he is a God that descends from heaven

that's why Sophia said that it can't be happening right now and said that Chun Woo Han needs to rest because of his previous fight what if Sophia knew that the hypnotism is wearing off i notice that she carries a toolbox what if inside that case is the hypnotism tools

i think the Black Panels with SFX Text are more like heart beat you know like someone starts to remember something and skipped a beat
    Last edited by kidopitz27; April 25, 2014 at 09:16 AM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not so convinced of the Drugs vs Mind Control theories. Personally, I think there is a simpler explanation. He was so traumatized by Shiho's death and the other events in his life that he has subconsciously blocked access to those memories. Any time someone or something reminds him of them, he lashes out. It's possible that he doesn't even consciously remember Shioon.

Lone Wolf learned something from the exchange with GMR... Is it possible that there was something left out of GMR's training when Unwol taught him?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I am an outlier, I didn't think the chapter was that bad and a few interesting things happened. I really love that little devilish smile Shioon gave at the end, looks like he is at least pulling even with Hyuk in his meditation state. I'm excited to see how his training moves forward. As I've figured for awhile after Part 1 ended 9AD had a mental breakdown and tried to repress the memories about Shioon/Shiho. The drugs could also be at work but I think 9AD took a big hit mentally after what happened. I wonder if Lone Wolf will stay with Mustache if he can't get any answers about Unwol.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

there is a possibility that Ryuji will go to MAA to question Elders there if they know what happened to Unwol and started a fight but it will be stopped by Shioon the new MAA Chief

Chun Woo Han is still under Post Traumatic Stress a really big one that every time he hears the word "sungseng-nim , Unwol , Master , Shioon or maybe Shiho" his head is starting to hurt trying to remember what it is and to suppress that feeling he wants to fight
    Last edited by kidopitz27; April 25, 2014 at 04:07 PM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would much rather it not be drugs. If it is drugs, it's like Spiderman 3, advertised as a moral struggle for Peter Parker - great! - but it turns out to be a predator leech from outer space taking over his mind. No real moral struggle. Blah.

Perhaps it's a combination of both. At least SOME angst/dilemma is going on or was going on before he started being fed the drugs. I'm hoping that will continue even after he becomes free of the drugs, but I'm not holding my breath.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the SIC have been pulling the strings like puppets this whole time? I think they might have been using drugs to make GMR forget. It reminds me of steroids where the more you use the synthetic testosterone makes you angry and violent. I want Shioon to surpass Hyuk and surpass Kwon and Shik, etc.

But how do you counter someone grabbing you and burning you alive with your own ki like what Sosul did? I really think the Kaiser has underestimated Shioons heart tricks on Sosul. I can see this as a beauty and the beast/hulk and Betty Ross scenario.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Soh-Sul burned the old man because Soh-Sul gave him too much Ki and it starts to burn the body just like what the old man said when explaining if someone ate the Divine Dan too much ki can make you pop like a ballon so even if Soh-Sul touch Shioon it will not even effect because of Shioon's large meridians

i can sense that the next chapter will be Shioon's training and how he won the clash against Hyuk (that's why he smiled)

read the A-Team's translation and it looks like Chun Woo Han is really on mind control or memory suppression drug or something and every time he hears or remembers about his past and his head start to hurt and to remove that pain he has to fight
    Last edited by kidopitz27; April 28, 2014 at 08:53 AM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't it be funny if Shioon request Hyuk to have a fight again in front of all the masters?
    I feel that Hyuk might have some reservations about Shioon being Alliance chief and Shioon may have to resort to that..of course not a death-match but a fight that will showcase Shioon's value as someone who is on equal footing with Hyuk

I say this because Hyuk is arriving next chapter definitely lol or the one after and Shioon will end his training at the same time and attend the meeting. Also this Should hopefully crush glasses' ambitions completely.

This time Hyuk won't be going easy, but will be surprised that Shioon is keeping up.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    read the A-Team's translation and it looks like Chun Woo Han is really on mind control or memory suppression drug or something and every time he hears or remembers about his past and his head start to hurt and to remove that pain he has to fight
    Yeah, something is up. The blonde chick filing her report obviously knows something. So does Lone Wolf, since he seems to have detected something.
    Spoiler: Crack Theory show

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

nice one about the cigarettes but what if Kaiser offered something to Chun Woo Han that he cannot refuse but he has to undergo a surgery or something much like what Vegapunk did to Kuma

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast