Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: What do you think of Kentas 2.0?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like him a lot!

2 16.67%
  • Like him a little.

8 66.67%
  • Meh..

2 16.67%
  • Don't like him.

0 0%
  • I hate the jerk and his awesome eyebrows!

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse 319 Review

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Noblesse 319 Review

Noblesse is back after a long two month break! So if you've forgotten what was going on, we've got Raizel with about 2 weeks to live, the former werewolf lord, Muzaka, crazy and hell bent on eradicating humanity, Ignes off somewhere plotting her revenge for her father's death, and a whole bunch of people who came looking for Muzaka stiring up trouble in Korea. So...smoooooth sailing.

The poll way back in my last review was whether or not the Lady Werewolf is being set up by the 3rd Elder. The consensus seemed to be "no". So most think his starting this fight because he legitimately thinks it's a smart thing to do.

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

I gotta admit it's refreshing to see a non-Bishi character with a signature personality, even if he is crazy.

This chapter picks up with Tao, Takeo, and M-21 facing down Kentas. They consider for a moment who or what this guy is so Tao...just asks him if he's Union. After seeming offending at the thought of being considered union he compliments Tao for being direct. Saying that it shows manliness, and though he'd like to tell them which group he belongs to he can't. Then Kentas notices something strange about M-21 but while he's considering it they attack him and flee. Kentas quickly catches up, complimenting them for attacking first as he also considers that manly, and they are forced to fight.

Seeing him attack, they all figure out that he's a werewolf but M-21 freezes for some reason (a surge of EMO-ness seems a likely culprit) but the other two fend off the attack but not for long and, when Takeo gets decked, M-21 finally transforms and blocks Kentas; who is completely stunned to find himself fighting someone with werewolf abilities.

Meanwhile, the Lady Werewolf yells at the 3rd Elder for attacking her opponent (it's a pet peeve of her's) but he insists that the priority is taking him out quickly and she begrudgingly turns to fight again. However, Karias took the opportunity presented by their discussion to retreat to long range again while they weren't paying attention. So she rushes to close the distance again and he once more dodges and retreats while sending attacks at her. This time the 3rd Elder attacks him with the same mysterious eye targeted attack that hit him before and creates enough of an opening for the Lady Werewolf to get close; but we'll have to wait until next week to find out how that turns out.

Chapter Review

It's official Karias has the best mid-battle dialogue ever!

Substance

Noblesse is back but did the time off to deal change anything? While it was much the same as before I did notice one difference. Kentas. Before he was basically your generic aggressive bad guy. In this chapter, however, his aggressive attitude has been shifted from "Thug-like" to "Hyper Masculine". Making him both funnier and more distinguishable from the parade of similar characters throughout the series. He's still not a favorite character of mine but it's definitely a positive change for him.

The biggest actual event in the chapter was Kentas learning that M-21 has Werewolf powers. What's he going to do now that he knows that? Capture him and bring him back to the wolves...maybe. Get pissed off that the Union is messing with Werewolf hearts...probably. We'll just have to wait and see.

The Karias fight was pretty much a repeat of the same stuff that happened in the last chapter. No real progress to speak of on that front, which was a little disappointing.

Presentation

In terms of artwork, I was expecting something more than we got in this chapter, due to the break, but it really wasn't bad. It was just very average. With low detail and little in the way of extra polish.

The pacing was combat pacing. Meaning slow out of the necessity of using a bunch of panels on action scenes. I know after a break we all build up expectations for something "bigger" but due to the inconvenient place the authors had to stop there was really no way that was going to be able to happen. So I can't really complain about that.

Overall Rating

Noblesse returns with a decent chapter which uses Kentas' new personality to provide a welcome injection of humor but is underwhelming given the long break.

I give it a 3 out of 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction
    • M-21 is going to get captured...again.

Old Predictions: (31 Wins/ 40 Losses)

No changes.

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Last edited by Jammin; April 29, 2014 at 12:54 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse 319 Review

M21's transformation looks pretty bad... Same goes for Kentas and 5th Elder. Other Union Elders & villains had much cooler & detailed transformations.

I expect Muzaka to intervene soon...

Noblesse Forever!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member smokeesid's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a wasteful chapter without manifesting its substance. M21 looks shocked and remains till its end. A 4 page chapter. The confab was inane when characters are axiomatic in their attributes. It has slowly become repetitious as a few had foreseen before. Artwork was borderline bad in portraying the plot hinting the forthcoming nondescript repetition in action and dialogues deters me except the prospective machination pertaining to Frankenstein acting as a glue
    Some people are born like keys who move this world and exist having no connection to the social hierarchy established by man

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like we all agree that it wasn't such a great chapter. I thought that at least the art will be amazing after such a long break but there wasn't any detail in anything. And Kentas seems to be an Elfman copy of FT.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    Seems like we all agree that it wasn't such a great chapter. I thought that at least the art will be amazing after such a long break but there wasn't any detail in anything. And Kentas seems to be an Elfman copy of FT.
    I could see that. Maybe Elfman with a little bit of Kenpatchi from Bleach.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for asking but what is Elfman copy of FT? FT=?

Noblesse Forever!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a character in Fairy Tale by the name of Elfman. He is always going on about 'being a man'.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I could see that. Maybe Elfman with a little bit of Kenpatchi from Bleach.
    Well that is what I thought too but after remembering Kentas running with his tail between his legs when Muzaka and Rai clashed. This is not in character with Kenpachi.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    Well that is what I thought too but after remembering Kentas running with his tail between his legs when Muzaka and Rai clashed. This is not in character with Kenpachi.
    A good point. There is no way Kenpatchi would have been scared of somebody stronger than him. He'd just be excited by it.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey elfman could absorb kentass power and become a werewolf 0.o

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review as always J-min. I sincerely hope M-21 will get abducted by Mizuka for some reason. IDk maybe I feel like there indeed is a connection between them. I am really happy with Kentas's character improvement and I liked his comment about being an elder. I must i am so glad Tao joined #TeamRai he never disappointed me. I hope we will see some more action today

New Reply