Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Nanatsu no Taizai 76 Discussion/ 77 Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanatsu no Taizai 76 Discussion/ 77 Predictions

unless the masked knight hates pigs because she was/is considered the sin of gluttony(pig)....
    i still believe it's her because of the mask...why doesn't she want the sins to see her face?
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    i still believe it's her because of the mask...why doesn't she want the sins to see her face?
    That aspect is not really out of the ordinary. We've seen a good portion of the holy knights in mask. I do agree that Merlin potentially hates her beast due to her being so beautiful and pigs often being seen as slovenly creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I also doubt arthur and meliodas attacking the kingdom at the same time is a coincidence, I suspect merlin is responsible for that somehow.
    Things did fall into place a bit conveniently. Meliodas appearance may have been partially expected seeing as they were headed to the kingdom already (I'm assuming this is the case seeing as the female knight knew exactly where they were and was able to kidnap Elizabeth easily). But she also showed surprise that they arrived as quickly as they did, so I don't think they were expected at that exact moment.

Arthur and his companion though? Their timing is truly curious. They claimed to be in the area on business, but Hendricksen called him out on it and pretty much confirmed that he came to Liones for a reason. It's rather curious that he came about as soon as Hendricksen was getting ready to enact his plan. It's also interesting that, despite his and his companion's power being large enough to be sensed outside of the gates, it wasn't perceived until after the Sins arrived. Either Arthur's companion hid their strength or...his companion also possesses a teleportation technique which allowed them to get as close as they did to the kingdom.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    Things did fall into place a bit conveniently. Meliodas appearance may have been partially expected seeing as they were headed to the kingdom already (I'm assuming this is the case seeing as the female knight knew exactly where they were and was able to kidnap Elizabeth easily). But she also showed surprise that they arrived as quickly as they did, so I don't think they were expected at that exact moment.

Arthur and his companion though? Their timing is truly curious. They claimed to be in the area on business, but Hendricksen called him out on it and pretty much confirmed that he came to Liones for a reason. It's rather curious that he came about as soon as Hendricksen was getting ready to enact his plan. It's also interesting that, despite his and his companion's power being large enough to be sensed outside of the gates, it wasn't perceived until after the Sins arrived. Either Arthur's companion hid their strength or...his companion also possesses a teleportation technique which allowed them to get as close as they did to the kingdom.
    Well, the attack from the sins is not something they could have prepared on the spot for... It would be very suspicious that the great holy knights or someone close to a great holy knight would just happen to inform the kingdom of an attack that was going to happen. The sins are a small group of knights with unclear objectives and mostly unknown locations, they can't just prepare everyone for that. I am also willing to bet that the kingdom would not really be prepared to respond to convenient transportation systems like being thrown by a giant or magical dogs.

I am not sure teleportation is an issue here. I would think it would be simpler to assume they can use enchantments to conceal themselves. The wizard with arthur was able to create presences, concealing them seems like the sort of thing which should be simpler by shonen standards.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not on the spot maybe, but they did steal Meliodas sword hilt, so they had to, at least, expect he was going to try and recover it. Dreyfus and his team even went to Merlin's castle as they expected the Sin's to go there. I'm assuming this is where the hilt is seeing as it's Hendricksen's research lab. And for the time frame they had, they managed to prepare themselves rather well as soon as they sensed Mel, Ban, and Gowther approach them at high speed. A good portion of the Holy Knights showed up to stop them. They had to have some idea of where they were seeing as the Female Knight easily found the Boar's Hat and whisked away Elizabeth without any problems. It seemed like Arthur was the one true wild card that wasn't expected. Hendricksen wasn't at all worried when news of the Sins upcoming arrival was reported.

Power cloaking could be the case as well. Teleportation is still just a theory on my part.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I recall the only reason helbram took dreyfus there was to keep him distracted, he never really gave any indication that he expected the sins to go there. It was only dumb luck that lead to them finding diane... Also, the bit with meliodas meeting holy knights on his way to the kingdom has another explanation. From the start of the manga the holy knights have been on high alert and preparing for war. It makes sense that the sins would run into deployed holy knights. Hendricksen and co probably thought it would take the sins at least a few hours until they could attack or perhaps even over a day if they did prepare some sort of plan. In turn the sins got to the kingdom within minutes with their only plan being kicking copious amounts of ass. On the other hand its not like it would take a long time to mobilize the holy knights. The only things they need to fight are their armors and weapons which are not things which should take them a long time to get considering they carry those around with them anyways and they pretty much own that stuff. Its not like they have to go to the barracks to get them or something. And the number of holy knights is actually relatively small, they number in the hundreds. It should not take them more than a few hours to get them together and ready.
    Last edited by kkck; May 13, 2014 at 10:00 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i got 6 more chapters to cut up with you'll and then i come back and discuss about the current chapter
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    From what I recall the only reason helbram took dreyfus there was to keep him distracted, he never really gave any indication that he expected the sins to go there. It was only dumb luck that lead to them finding diane... Also, the bit with meliodas meeting holy knights on his way to the kingdom has another explanation. From the start of the manga the holy knights have been on high alert and preparing for war. It makes sense that the sins would run into deployed holy knights. Hendricksen and co probably thought it would take the sins at least a few hours until they could attack or perhaps even over a day if they did prepare some sort of plan. In turn the sins got to the kingdom within minutes with their only plan being kicking copious amounts of ass. On the other hand its not like it would take a long time to mobilize the holy knights. The only things they need to fight are their armors and weapons which are not things which should take them a long time to get considering they carry those around with them anyways and they pretty much own that stuff. Its not like they have to go to the barracks to get them or something. And the number of holy knights is actually relatively small, they number in the hundreds. It should not take them more than a few hours to get them together and ready.
    True, but then again, we don't know if Helbram was aware of Elizabeth's capture (at least I don't think he did), so he probably figured they were going after the hilt. Plus, he seemed rather eager to stop Dreyfus from going underground, so again, I think the demon is under Merlin's castle. Along with Mel's hilt.

I agree that the Sins were not expected as early as they were, but they were expected and despite their sudden arrival, the Knights were still prepared enough to deploy and significant number of troops to meet and confront them. And while they were indeed kicking copious amount of ass, they still had a crap ton of troops to fight through, which was made easier due to Gowther's Rewrite Light.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

True, but then again, we don't know if Helbram was aware of Elizabeth's capture (at least I don't think he did), so he probably figured they were going after the hilt. Plus, he seemed rather eager to stop Dreyfus from going underground, so again, I think the demon is under Merlin's castle. Along with Mel's hilt.

I agree that the Sins were not expected as early as they were, but they were expected and despite their sudden arrival, the Knights were still prepared enough to deploy and significant number of troops to meet and confront them. And while they were indeed kicking copious amount of ass, they still had a crap ton of troops to fight through, which was made easier due to Gowther's Rewrite Light.
    Helbram was as far as we know one of the masterminds behind the demon clan resurrection plan and he was even tasked with retrieving elizabeth back at byzel. I doubt he would be unaware of the elizabeth thing. He seemed kinda guilty when dreyfus asked to boot. Also, he did tell king about the princess when he was defeated.

Well, they would have been prepared either way. We have known since the start of the manga that the knights are consistently on high alert and gathering men for war. It is one of the reasons elizabeth left the kingdom to begin with.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, no doubt he was one of the major players in this plan. I just thought he didn't know of Elizabeth's recent capture, but I guess he did find out sometime during the chaos. I guess the Fem Holy Knight did relay the information to him. He was guilty because he did have information on their goal, which would be Elizabeth and the hilt. Either way, he knew what they were after. But Elizabeth isn't under Merlin's castle, she's in the dungeon. Which, if my theory is correct, leaves the hilt. But reading the chapters again, when Diane demanded the return of Elizabeth, Helbram did reveal that he knew about her capture and that she was the Sins goal. So why did he bring Dreyfus to Merlin's castle? Despite knowing what he knew? Was he trying to keep him from finding about Elizabeth? I guess that was the case. But why did he prioritize the distraction of Dreyfus over the protection of the princess from the three Sins rampaging in the city? I don't know, but I digress. The Sins appearance was expected to some extent.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, no doubt he was one of the major players in this plan. I just thought he didn't know of Elizabeth's recent capture, but I guess he did find out sometime during the chaos. I guess the Fem Holy Knight did relay the information to him. He was guilty because he did have information on their goal, which would be Elizabeth and the hilt. Either way, he knew what they were after. But Elizabeth isn't under Merlin's castle, she's in the dungeon. Which, if my theory is correct, leaves the hilt. But reading the chapters again, when Diane demanded the return of Elizabeth, Helbram did reveal that he knew about her capture and that she was the Sins goal. So why did he bring Dreyfus to Merlin's castle? Despite knowing what he knew? Was he trying to keep him from finding about Elizabeth? I guess that was the case. But why did he prioritize the distraction of Dreyfus over the protection of the princess from the three Sins rampaging in the city? I don't know, but I digress. The Sins appearance was expected to some extent.
    Dreyfus is not actually in on the details regarding the plan to resurrect the demon clan. He found out just before the sins attacked and he was even against it. It is not in helbram's interest that dreyfus finds out anything whatsoever regarding the princess. She was brought in to release the seal, dreyfus finding out would have its consequences here. More so, the princesses are not necessarily to be prisoners. The first sister was working with the kingdom (was not a bad guy though), the second one is incarcerated of her own will... Even as a wanted person it is unlikely that elizabeth would be mistreated by the holy knights on dreyfus' faction if found out.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know Dreyfus isn't in on the details as he wasn't aware of Elizabeth's capture and planned sacrifice. I was questioning why Helbram would prioritize distracting Dreyfus over keeping the Sins from attempting to rescue. It seems strange he'd rather let the three Sins run free in the city towards Elizabeth, but focus on distracting Dreyfus in Merlin's castle, when they were supposed to be confronting the three. There would have been no one to stop Mel, Ban, and Gowther. What would have happened had Diane not been found in Merlin's basement? But like I said, I guess, Helbram wanted to keep Dreyfus in the dark about Elizabeth's capture, which the Sins would most likely inquire about.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Hendericksen's witch could be either Merlin herself, Morgana (who is often portrayed as Merlin's rival) or her sister Morgause. Nakaba needs to reveal this shit already, goddamn it. It's killing me.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3