Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who can't shuji tanegashima defeat based on their techniques.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who can't shuji tanegashima defeat based on their techniques.

Shuji is known to be able to cancel the power or other things that affect the ball that is hit against him.

This makes him gain an advantage, but who cant Shuji and his special ability defeat?

thanks.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who can't shuji tanegashima defeat based on their techniques.

Haven't seen him play enough to answer that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

He can't nullify the techniques of people who have power from another dimmension. Because of this, techniques like GS, Pirate, Kijin or Pirates of the World can't be returned by him.

So basically Oni, Ryoga, Byodouin and probably in the next chapters Ryoma are the only ones who can defeat Shuuji right now. Maybe Kintarou and Tezuka with Tnk could beat him too.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't seem much of Shuuji. But as far as we've seen, it appears Shuuji will have problems against:
    1.Byodouin- Higher ranked than Shuuji. Not sure Shu can nullify his shots.
    2.Ryoga- Haven't seen him play an Official match yet. But seems as strong as Byodouin.
    3.Oni- I think Shu played TnK Oni back then. Shu couldn't beat him. It's safe to say, Shu can't beat him now either.
    4.Ryoma- He's the main character.
    5.Tokugawa- He played well against Byodouin. I'm not saying, Shuuji won't beat him. But I can't say, Shuuji will beat him either.
    6.Yukimura- Shu don't have anything to nullify against him. And there is always a chance to be infected by Yips.
    7.Atobe- Again, Shu don't have anything to nullify. AK is not a shot. I have no idea how he's gonna counter that.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally don't think that Tanegashima's opponent needs to hit a special shot in order for him to use Mu... nor that GS is a power from another dimension (that's how Byoudouin learnt it, yes, but so did Ryoma just training). ¨A power from another dimension¨ seems to be something extremely f@cked up even for PoT standards (splitting the ball into an unlimited quantity, doing a Black Hole to stop balls, etc), so I don't see Kijin as something from another dimension either...

That being said, I don't see Tanegashima winning against Byoudouin, Ryoga, Oni, Ryoma, Tokugawa, maybe ( and just maybe, as he could get Yipped, otw this match up favors him inmensly) Yukimura and Sengoku.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Philia View Post
    3.Oni- I think Shu played TnK Oni back then. Shu couldn't beat him. It's safe to say, Shu can't beat him now either.
    I think there's the talk in the chapter of how Oni didn't get TnK until his match with Kintarou. So it's surely without TnK. Also, I don't think he plays with Kishin either, because it is say he is #1 prior to sealing Kishin and as Irie who is a 3rd year shown very few people in this camp right now even knows Oni have Kishin.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I thought Momo thought Oni had it from the very start but never used it until Kintaro's match. Either way, Shuji will get owned by TnK.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    ^ I thought Momo thought Oni had it from the very start but never used it until Kintaro's match. Either way, Shuji will get owned by TnK.
    Yeah, but Fuji and Shiraishi corrected him.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

isnt fuji's latest counter, unable to be returned?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Tanegashima could probably return it right after the bounce or something, but Tanegashima also has no reason to hit cord balls against Fuji, so the 6th counter would probably never come out to begin with.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Mu is apparently some kind of drop shot, shouldn't it be ¨kinda¨ like a cord ball and enough for Fuji to hit his 6th counter? The biggest deal for him would be reaching Mu (which, as far as we know, is kinda imposible), but I can see the 6th counter working like that (and then Tanegashima returning it as if it was nothing, like Rai, but that's another thing).
    Last edited by Hardy; May 03, 2014 at 11:12 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm I didn't really think about it like that to be honest, but I guess it's possible? Although Fuji would still need something that forces Tanegashima to use Mu in the first place, and then somehow reach it like you said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought Tanegashima's ability is just that he can nullify any tech but the return itself has nothing special. Now, since he can cancel out any tech he probably puts his own spin on the ball on the return, and since he is the #2 of course his normal hits can have all kinds of interesting effects, but it's not because his canceling technique inherently puts some kind of new property on the ball he returned.

At any rate Tanegashima has insane stats but he's not arbitarily powerful. Akutsu scored on him with a serve, so he can't reach any arbitary shot and his technique is useless on a shot he can't reach. Atobe Kingdom would work fine on him (AK hits to a spot you can't reach and it's already shown that even normal shots could be out of Tanegashima's reach if they're fast enough). Sanada can do it too if he suddenly remembered that Rai originally was a shot that's hard to hit at all (because it can make a crazy angle and whatnot) instead of a powershot. Remember not even Tezuka can reach Rai without using Tezuka Zone, and while these two characters aren't directly comparable, it's clear that Rai is meant to be very hard to reach at all. Most volley based tech like Tight Rope would work on him too, since there's nothing to cancel out there. Tanegashima's superior stats probably rules out the possibility of most normal people from beating him, but his technique is not inherently unbeatable.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Tanegashima already showed that he can beat Rai.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Akutsu scored an ace on him because Tanegashima was just testing him (he didn't even try).

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast