Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who can't shuji tanegashima defeat based on their techniques.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ganonslayer101's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who can't shuji tanegashima defeat based on their techniques.

If Shuuji's Mu neutralizes the Spin on the Ball, isn't it possible that someone like gin or duke could take him it just by spamming power shots, or at least them making Mu ineffective?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the question is rai faster then TnK shot from ryoma nationals.

you cant cancel or hit a ball you cant see.

if you agree with the logic i just wrote... then you can add kintarou to the list of persons shuji shouldnt be able to defeat.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    you cant cancel or hit a ball you cant see.
    Yukimura, in the finals, proved that.

On the topic of Yukimura, I think he'd be able to have a good match with Shuji. Yips isn't a technique after all. Its a side-effect.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Yukimura will get 6-0 like Sanada and Akutsu.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so. He'd probably lose but not 6-0. Maybe 7-5

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't consider Yukimura to be better than Sanada with Black Aura. So I would think he'll get trash the same way. No one would predict Sanada is trash on 6-0 either (I don't), but he does. That's just the gap between HS and MS currently. There are 3 exceptions, Echizen, Tezuka, and Kintarou.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Shuji is a HS version of Yukimura. They both see through every shot and can return every shot. The only difference is, the side effects is yips when playing Yukimura. There's no side-effect for playing a long match with Shuji.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Atobe might be able to beat Shuji. AK can't be sealed by Mu.
    Also Yukimura too stands a decent shance against Shuji.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    Shuji is a HS version of Yukimura. They both see through every shot and can return every shot. The only difference is, the side effects is yips when playing Yukimura. There's no side-effect for playing a long match with Shuji.
    Except Shuuji have far superior stats. And by far I mean far. By condition of Yips that we've been given in PoT, Yips wouldnt kick in, since Yukimura would got own hard.

And Shuuji have Muu.

Yukimura have quotes that he said himself regarding Mach serve that can been seen as he won't be able to return it. I highly doubt Shuuji won't be able to do the same. Shuuji is the more op version of current-no-surgery Yukimura.
    Last edited by -Ken-; May 04, 2014 at 06:57 AM.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I think there's the talk in the chapter of how Oni didn't get TnK until his match with Kintarou. So it's surely without TnK. Also, I don't think he plays with Kishin either, because it is say he is #1 prior to sealing Kishin and as Irie who is a 3rd year shown very few people in this camp right now even knows Oni have Kishin.
    That would make Shuji quite ordinary.
    I think Konomi-sensei intentionally didn't reveal what happened between them. Maybe they played somewhere secretly. Konomi-sensei might reveal it later, and the way NPOT is progressing it may take 7-8 years. lol.
    However, until then, it's safe to assume Shuji can't beat Oni.

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

Yips kicked in against Fuwa. He has 6 in mental. And he was dominating before Yips kicked in.
    Why it wouldn't work against Shuji?

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Philia View Post
    Yips kicked in against Fuwa. He has 6 in mental. And he was dominating before Yips kicked in.
    Why it wouldn't work against Shuji?
    Actually, Fuwa is only seen to confirm to be able score 1 point. Fuwa was not dominating before Yips kick in. Who knows how long they are playing too. If they are playing for 30 minutes for example and all Fuwa does is score a point, then he'll get yips.

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

Low mental isn't requirement to not getting Yips as described in PoT. The requirement is that Yukimura have to answer enough of their shots that they feel their shot doesn't go through enough. Kintarou either stated or highly suggested this. A mental of 50000 means crap with that explanation.

Fuwa have the same base stats as Yukimura and he was handicapping himself and shown to be pretty even prior to getting Yips. Shuuji have a far superior stats and it doesn't look like there's any handicap unless you want to argue that Yukimura can beat handicap Shuuji.
    Last edited by -Ken-; May 04, 2014 at 07:05 AM.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Yuki was sweating. Which means they were playing for a while. Which may also mean, Yuki was having tough time keeping up with Fuwa.

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Actually, Fuwa is only seen to confirm to be able score 1 point. Fuwa was not dominating before Yips kick in. Who knows how long they are playing too. If they are playing for 30 minutes for example and all Fuwa does is score a point, then he'll get yips.

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

Low mental isn't requirement to not getting Yips as described in PoT. The requirement is that Yukimura have to answer enough of their shots that they feel their shot doesn't go through enough. Kintarou either stated or highly suggested this. A mental of 50000 means crap with that explanation.

Fuwa have the same base stats as Yukimura and he was handicapping himself and shown to be pretty even prior to getting Yips. Shuuji have a far superior stats and it doesn't look like there's any handicap unless you want to argue that Yukimura can beat handicap Shuuji.
    Still Fuwa who was very much even with Yuki and got Yipped. Which means Yips can't be avoided by dominating or getting points off Yuki
    So, how Shuji will avoid it??

Anyway, we are not gonna Yuki play again. So, Shuji vs Yuki is kinda pointless anyway.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Atobe might be able to beat Shuji. AK can't be sealed by Mu.
    Also Yukimura too stands a decent shance against Shuji.
    That's what I've been thinking. I don't think Insight can be nullified with Mu.

@ Ken: "Shuuji is the more op version of current-no-surgery Yukimura." That's what I tried to say XD

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Yuki was sweating. Which means they were playing for a while. Which may also mean, Yuki was having tough time keeping up with Fuwa.
    Thanks for supporting my point. If they are playing for a while and Fuwa score only 1 point, then it's really no surprise he got yipped.

Quote Quote:
    Still Fuwa who was very much even with Yuki and got Yipped. Which means Yips can't be avoided by dominating or getting points off Yuki
    So, how Shuji will avoid it??

Anyway, we are not gonna Yuki play again. So, Shuji vs Yuki is kinda pointless anyway.
    Fuwa was even with Yukimura. How does that shows Yukimura getting dominated won't stop Yips? As far as we knows, there is only 1 case Yukimura got dominated that we've seen so far, by PoP Echizen, and he wasn't yipped. Shuuji was on another scale from Fuwa. It's number 11 and number 2 you are trying to compare to. The coach say there is a big gap between the top ten and those below it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way people talk about his technique it'd seem like Tanegashima never even loses a point and if he did he was just 'testing'. His technique does absolutely nothing on a shot he cannot reach. In any of the generic 'a guy hits a cross court shot while guy B tries to run to the shot but doesn't make it on time' would score on him because his ability to cancel out techniques does not somehow allow him to reach a shot he otherwise couldn't reach. Any technique that doesn't bounce after the ball land would work 100% on him. Virtually any volley based technique would work too since even in POT volleys tend to place the ball in somewhere the opponent can't reach, just like real life. Even a normal drop shot is 100% effective against his technique canceling power.

Now because he's the #2 his base stats are very high so you probably can't expect someone to beat him by just trying to hit the ball to where he is not, but it's clear certain techniques are extra hard to reach. Rai, before it became some kind of generic power shot, was something you need Tezuka Zone to even hit the ball because otherwise it's too fast. Most of Fuji's technique involve hitting the ball to a spot the opponent can't reach as well. There is a tendency for higher stat opponent to magically be able to reach any shot that a weaker opponent cannot, but this is hardly unconditional. Kimijima and Tohno can't reach Giant Habu with Marui blocking their vision, and their stats are considerably higher than Kite, so having higher stat is not an unconditional guarantee to able to reach every technique.
    Last edited by Phantron; May 04, 2014 at 09:42 AM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast