Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Sasuke vs Naruto

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sasuke vs Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Nah, Naruto wouldn't have those bandages covering his seal in the new movie if he lost it. Sasuke's Rinnegan would be gone as well. Or at least it wouldn't have any more tomoe.

Genjutsu can still work even if there's clones on the battlefield, because all he has to do is cast Genjutsu on literally every clone. Process of elimination. Back in the day people could just say "it won't work because of Bijuu", which was never even accurate after what he did to Kurama. And they also said "It won't work because he'll hit a clone instead", which they can't say now because we know he can hit multiple targets at once. Multiple targets of incredibly powerful origin at that.

The absolute only answer for Genjutsu against Sasuke now is to keep his eyes closed the whole fight. The WHOLE fight.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

So, assuming Naruto can negate ninjutsu, it wouldn't matter considering Sasuke's rikudou chakra gives him the ability to effect someone with gujoudoma anyway. When he used his black Chidori to paralyze Madara, and when Kakashi used his black Raikiri to cut Kaguya, both have shown that jutsu negation doesn't work as long as they use the correct attacks.
    I don't know about that new movie but once you "unlock" he eyes its yours even if you don't have that chakra anymore. Madara needed both brothers chakra to get rinnegan. Once he had it he could pass it to someone who had none of that.

____

I really think we should w8 for this fight to at least show some details(in the manga) before debating here who would win. Right now we have a bunch of unknowns.
    Last edited by xXan; September 15, 2014 at 02:54 PM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's irrelevant who Kishi has winning in the manga unless it's clear that the winner would stay winning regardless of any situation, like Itachi against Konohamaru. Obviously plot is why Pain lost to Naruto, but in a real fight he'd have likely won.

I'm talking about the clones that aren't in Sasuke's line of sight and thus can't be affected by his ocular genjutsu. I don't remember if we've had an instance of a clone being unaffected by genjutsu while the original was.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Yes, it's irrelevant who Kishi has winning in the manga unless it's clear that the winner would stay winning regardless of any situation, like Itachi against Konohamaru. Obviously plot is why Pain lost to Naruto, but in a real fight he'd have likely won.

I'm talking about the clones that aren't in Sasuke's line of sight and thus can't be affected by his ocular genjutsu. I don't remember if we've had an instance of a clone being unaffected by genjutsu while the original was.
    Nothing that happens in the manga is irrelevant. Aside for Kishi opinion on who would win this fight (and that goes above all of ours) you also get feats and facts on how that fight would go down.
    I assume you means Pein vs Konohamaru? I don't remember Itachi fighting Konohamaru. If yes then that is not Konohamaru ALONE vs Pein, he had backup. Also all he did was a hit in.

As for Pein (its actualy Pein and not Pain, you don't translate names, more so when pein in Japanese does not mean pain) he did not had to fight Naruto alone, he had to fight Naruto, with prep and an entire village after JMan got him the details.
    So its not plot that Konoha+Naruto+elder frogs+JMan won that fight.
    If Naruto get's help in taking Sasuke down then that needs to be factored in. Thing is I have no clue who could help him now.

As for the clone stuff, apparently clones are not effected by genjutsu:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/260/9
    Its coming from Itachi.
    Last edited by xXan; September 16, 2014 at 05:24 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Its coming from Itachi.
    I believe Itachi was referring to the original as we saw that Kakashi's bunshin was affected by genjutsu.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

If there was any way Naruto would be affected by Genjutsu, Sasuke would subdue him just like the Bijuu.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
    I believe Itachi was referring to the original as we saw that Kakashi's bunshin was affected by genjutsu.
    Not really, he was inside the genjutsu but it had 0 effect over the clone. It stood his ground just like before holding Itachi in position so he can't get away from Naruto's oodama rasengan.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    If there was any way Naruto would be affected by Genjutsu, Sasuke would subdue him just like the Bijuu.
    Yeah... I was thinking this as well. I guess we will see next week (unless we get some talk no jutsu).

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan
    Its coming from Itachi.
    They don't have to be. If Sasuke casts Genjutsu on every Naruto he can see eventually he'll catch the real one. The clones won't know he's under Genjutsu unless he becomes paralyzed in front of them, so the time it takes for them to realize they should be protecting the real Naruto is time enough to teleport Naruto away from their defensive line and finish him with a Chidori. Otherwise the clones can probably just disrupt Naruto's chakra by touching him. Then again, that would simply be another way of finding out which Naruto is the real Naruto.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    They don't have to be. If Sasuke casts Genjutsu on every Naruto he can see eventually he'll catch the real one. The clones won't know he's under Genjutsu unless he becomes paralyzed in front of them, so the time it takes for them to realize they should be protecting the real Naruto is time enough to teleport Naruto away from their defensive line and finish him with a Chidori. Otherwise the clones can probably just disrupt Naruto's chakra by touching him. Then again, that would simply be another way of finding out which Naruto is the real Naruto.
    Of course we have other alternatives, I responded to M3J's question "I don't remember if we've had an instance of a clone being unaffected by genjutsu while the original was. ".
    Anyway as someone above said, I somewhat question Sasuke's ability to trap Naruto in a genjutsu, more so casting it on the original and a bunch of clones at the same time.
    Anyway not even going to argue who wins here up to the point I see the fight in the manga and for this 2 to really show what they got, both in power and limitations.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member videogamer64's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post

Pain lost to Naruto as a resut of Nagato's weakness. The six paths are much more effective when used by a single person

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One doesn't need line of site for Shinra Tensei, since it hits in a 360 degree radius. And Sasuke's line of sight multiplies according to how many summons he has on the battlefield.

I also wanna point out that Naruto didn't sense Nagato's invisible chameleon. It could be because the summons are corpses and thus have no actual evil intent, thus no malice to sense.

New Reply
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22