Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Hello!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

Hi!

I'd like to introduce myself. I'm a girl and I live in Italy.

I'm here because I love manga, my favourite ones are One Piece, Maison Ikkoku, Ranma 1/2. I hope to improve my English skills, too!

I also love reading, gardening and cooking.

Have a nice day

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Strudel girl View Post
    Hi!

I'd like to introduce myself. I'm a girl and I live in Italy.

I'm here because I love manga, my favourite ones are One Piece, Maison Ikkoku, Ranma 1/2. I hope to improve my English skills, too!

I also love reading, gardening and cooking.

Have a nice day
    Welcome Strudel!

Yes! Childhood high five! I loved Maison Ikkoku, though I only started watching it because my sister liked it. But Ranma 1/2 was so much fun and silly too. There was so many brilliant animes around that period.

What is your favourite dish to cook?

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Hello!

I watched Maison Ikkoku Anime but unfortunately here in Italy wasn't dubbed very well... so I prefer the manga.
    The manga is really beautiful, it's so funny and the characters grow throgh the pages. For example Godai at the beginning is a boy, and in the end he's grown up to be a responsible man. Kyoko is stubborn and severe but then she learns more to take the life as it comes. I find it really similar to real life!

My favourite dishes to cook (and to eat too! ) are pasta, lasagne and risotto! Do you like to cook? What do you love eating?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched Maison Ikkoku Anime but unfortunately here in Italy wasn't dubbed very well... so I prefer the manga.
    The manga is really beautiful, it's so funny and the characters grow throgh the pages. For example Godai at the beginning is a boy, and in the end he's grown up to be a responsible man. Kyoko is stubborn and severe but then she learns more to take the life as it comes. I find it really similar to real life!

My favourite dishes to cook (and to eat too! ) are pasta, lasagne and risotto! Do you like to cook? What do you love eating?
    Yes, dubs used to be quite bad back then, and when I think about it, I remember how infamously terrible the dubbing for Hokouto no Ken was. Now it's a lot better. I have only ever seen the anime in french and was a good dub, so I agree with your evaluation of the characters. It was a really lovely comedy/romantic/slice of life series.

Risotto is something I want to try; especially because I know a lot of vegeterians and vegans. I like to cook a bit, not really had the time to try anything yet. Usually pastas or something with chicken, or other meat stew. I also want to try making some fish dishes.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, Strudel girl! Welcome to MangaHelpers. Italy! I have a friend on Facebook and Twitter from Italy whom I met from another forum.

Italian food I know, which are the ones you mentioned to be your favorite, are my favorites as well! Although with goldb here I don't think I've tried risotto yet. What kind of pasta do you like?

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately here in Italy anime were (and nowadays very often too) considered something that only children watch, like Hanna & Barbera's cartoons or Bugs bunny. It isn't true, because in Japan as we know lot of adults read mangas or watch animes. In the last years I'm happy to say things are changing fast, I hope it will be only better in the future!

You have to try risotto! It's something really special, quite different from rice dishes from other countries, and very versatile too! I'm not veg but I eat very few meet and I can assure you risotto with saffron, asparagus or vegetables are really good, and also with fish or prawns.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Hello, Strudel girl! Welcome to MangaHelpers. Italy! I have a friend on Facebook and Twitter from Italy whom I met from another forum.

Italian food I know, which are the ones you mentioned to be your favorite, are my favorites as well! Although with goldb here I don't think I've tried risotto yet. What kind of pasta do you like?
    I love all kind of pasta!! But I prefer spaghetti, fusilli and farfalle! What about you? What do you like to cook or eat?
    I've eaten nasi goreng, this is an Indonesian dish, isn't it? It tasted delicious!

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I eat strudels almost every morning for breakfast...welcome!

Gardening and cooking are awesome hobbies? Do you cook what you grow in the garden?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately here in Italy anime were (and nowadays very often too) considered something that only children watch, like Hanna & Barbera's cartoons or Bugs bunny. It isn't true, because in Japan as we know lot of adults read mangas or watch animes. In the last years I'm happy to say things are changing fast, I hope it will be only better in the future!

You have to try risotto! It's something really special, quite different from rice dishes from other countries, and very versatile too! I'm not veg but I eat very few meet and I can assure you risotto with saffron, asparagus or vegetables are really good, and also with fish or prawns.

I don't think that's true only in Italy but everywhere, even to Japan to some extent. Though manga and anime is targeted at a younger age group, it's more popular with young adults or 15-30 age groups I think. The same can't be said about Western Cartoons. Maybe besides superheroes comic adaptations.

My friend was supposed to make me a risotto one day, but I had to cancel the visit because I was tired. Hopefully I can either make it myself first or try it somewhere . I've seen a mushroom risotto(?) I think, at work; that looked nice. Though I can't recall what other ingredients were in it.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

More or less similar to my case. Those broadcasted on TV are only "standard" ones like Pokemon, Digimon, Doraemon, and Detective Conan. Nothing more. Really too bad, but I have internet anyway so I don't care. Our TV channels suck. XD

I love all kind of pasta!! But I prefer spaghetti, fusilli and farfalle! What about you? What do you like to cook or eat?
    I've eaten nasi goreng, this is an Indonesian dish, isn't it? It tasted delicious!
    I like spaghetti best too. Mom likes to make the sauce with chicken or beef. The spaghetti is easy to cook too so it's my favorite, haha.

Wow, so you've tried our cuisine! Yes, the food's name is from us, although I'm sure other countries has fried rice too. What makes us different is the spices, probably. I love it too. <3

Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to MangaHelpers!

I love Italian food :3 The mother of my best friend growing up was Italian, so she made food for us a lot and it was delicious! Anything with noodles, tomato sauce and cheese is lovely.

You should definitely check out The Cooking Corner if you like food! We always welcome the discussion and new recipes!

I'm back :3

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Strudel girl! Welcome to Manga Helpers forum!

Sound like we have a "homely girl" here, haven't we?

Hope to see you in the discussion section and enjoy your stay here as well.

~~~~++~~~~Do You Love Me?~~~~++~~~~

New Reply