Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Berserk 335 Discussion

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 335 Discussion/ 336 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    ahahaha exactly.

"you feel like the people in the manga". How dastardly evil he was, nobody really knew, you know? and then he makes all this spectacle and you actually see him use his powers and his face is just so childlike. I would always think, maaaaan there is no way anybody in this manga is going to live the same way again after seeing all that.

That makes it really hard for Guts, and honestly I have NO IDEA how he can win this battle, lol.

And what about Rickert? Do you think he'll trigger a chain of events here? Do you think because he's seen all the wonder before his eyes that he could be joining "the dark side"?

PS: Fantastic architecture, brilliant imagination from Miura! Oh how I would have loved to see Falconia animated...
    Guts doesn't need to do much, Griffith will fuck up on his own, or when the people are starting to get slaughtered they'll turn to Guts . Anyway there's many ways that things could go wrong in Falconia, Guts only needs to get his strength back and if possible become stronger by making new allies among the magical creatures. Rickert could be the judge between those two, but if he somehow figures out Griffith's real plan, then there's no doubt he will be on Guts side.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    Guts doesn't need to do much, Griffith will fuck up on his own, or when the people are starting to get slaughtered they'll turn to Guts
    Maybe even less will be on Guts side, even when they are being slaughtered. Griffith is putting seeds in their minds, that maybe it isn't so bad to die. You'll be with your family and friends there. He may even be trying for the Perfect sacrifice, the one where the victims are willing.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah he's somewhat trying to tell them that it's alright because something happens beyond death, and that even if you die he can sort of make you still see your family for a time.

MH Senpai 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the double pages, make it longer. Still 19 seems a bit short for a monthly? Especially considering how long the intermissions between some Berserk chapters have been. Still the artwork was indeed beautiful, it always is. I was really looking forward to a conversation between Rickert and Griffith.

Speaking of Griffith, yeah he seems inhuman. Emotionless, but perhaps that makes him appear even more like a god to the people. He is putting on a dazzling show that seems to have fooled most, and maybe if people find out the truth...the branding the sacrifice, etc. They would forgive it, as an end justifying the means. Sacrificing innocent lives, to bring a divine ruler that will make the world an infinitely better place.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps not a lot of people will follow Guts but even then, if something like Albion would happen again, let's say apostles devouring humans, I doubt the humans will accept it. They will freak out because their survival instincts tells them so. Even if someone tells you that you'll be able to meet your loved ones in the afterlife, waiting to be slaughtered isn't acceptable for anyone.And let's not forget that Falconia is based on Gaiseric's capital, where an eclipse has already taken place.
    I wonder if in the future we'll learn that people are disappearing in Falconia. I doubt the apostles will be able to control themselves.
    Last edited by ladylola; May 27, 2014 at 03:11 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it seems we are already in hiatus! At least up to this summer...
    And I agree, 19 pages really isn't enough for a monthly...

At least, the content of the chapters are really interesting, even though I would like to see the Elf Island arc instead!
    I just want Caska back!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely love how Miura depicts evil. Most manga will go with the cliche obvious villain that is murderous and admits to it. True evil disguises itself as good. I am going to go out on a limb here and say Griffith is feeding off the souls of the dead. The real purpose of the city is yet to be shown.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that's a pretty interesting theory, but now that I think about it do the Godhand feed on humans like apostles, or maybe they feed on souls? So he's making himself a huge banquet. Btw can we consider that Femto's transformation is unfinished, since Guts and Casca survived, maybe the GH's power is connected to the number of sacrifices they get?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    Wow that's a pretty interesting theory, but now that I think about it do the Godhand feed on humans like apostles, or maybe they feed on souls? So he's making himself a huge banquet. Btw can we consider that Femto's transformation is unfinished, since Guts and Casca survived, maybe the GH's power is connected to the number of sacrifices they get?
    Well we know he needed a conduit to gain access to the world. So he took over their deformed baby. And it also seems he isn't 100% capable of being Femto in the human world yet either. He was able to transform in Ganishka's giant head because it was connected to the other world. SK's sword inadvertently allowed the worlds to start merging. BUT STILL I don't think Femto can release just yet, which is where I think this city comes in. It's possible another massive eclipse is due soon and the entire city will become the sacrifice. Remember a sacrifice has to be someone close to the wielder of the behelit for it to be worth anything. So an entire city of worshipers who believe in you would do the trick ya?

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I also think that it's pretty obvious Falconia is one big sacrifice in the making. Especially since people are going there in throngs. He's amassing this huge group of either bodies or souls or whatever, and yeah, a second eclipse is coming.

But not in the very near future... hehe. A second eclipse sounds like... pretty much the climax of the manga- T_T

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not know about a second eclipse, because these people are not important to Griffin, not like his band of the hawk. The band of the hawk were how he would obtain his kingdom. Yet i do think falconia will be how the astral and real world finish combining, so some sort of ceremony perhaps. I think a big point that people miss is that the god hand were all once human, they appear to be gods because of their amazing powers, but guts has been so close to killing them, Femento and Slan. Guts biggest obstacle is pain when fighting the god hand because of the brand, with the berserk armor he can ignore that pain and actually strike with his sword. God hand is just like a stronger version of an apostle, so Guts has a good chance. Guts can go toe to toe with Zod and if he wasnt so badly hurt he probably could have taken Grunbeld as well. He is an extremely exceptional human, but the belieth in Guts possession, i do not know what is going to happen with it. Will he use it to call the god hand to kill them or make his wish because the beast inside him calls for chaos.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by krule View Post
    I do not know about a second eclipse, because these people are not important to Griffin, not like his band of the hawk.
    He didnt care about the band of the Hawks as well, ( except Guts), They were just a tool to do the dirty work, and they all knew about it. Does the sacrifice must be important for the behelit owner , or the behelit owner must be important for the sacrifice or both?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killy-.- View Post
    He didnt care about the band of the Hawks as well, ( except Guts), They were just a tool to do the dirty work, and they all knew about it. Does the sacrifice must be important for the behelit owner , or the behelit owner must be important for the sacrifice or both?
    Pretty sure the people had to be the ones who valued the hehelit user. Everyone in the band of the hawk admired Griffith's leadership, no exception. That is why the sacrifice was so powerful. Now you have an entire city of loyal worshipers. Ya they gon' die.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

If Void is indeed the wise man who lived in Gaiseric's kingdom and was imprisoned, and the "angels" came to free him, then I think the sacrifices must value the crimson behelit user. It doesn't necessarily mean that the crimson behelit user must value those he sacrificed, after all they're just there to pave the way to his ambition. In Griffith's case, he only really cared about Guts, the others were just tools that he used to realize his dream, even Caska. Ubik's speech comes to mind, as he urges Griffith to gather more corpses so he can create a path to the castle. But it looks like the rules for the apostles are different, since their sacrifice must be important to them, as we saw with Rosine or with the Slug Count.
    Last edited by ladylola; June 11, 2014 at 07:14 AM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I predict 2 more chapters for the year. There could be some development on Guts, Caska and the rest of the crew. I think at this point, the series is coming close to a conclusion and maybe that's why, Miura is taking his time to figure out how to properly end Berserk.

Unless there's someone else, besides Griffith, that Guts needs to fight.
    Munga is Mad Phunny.

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast