Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: What will the 3rd Elder and The Lady Werewolf do?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • They will Run

    4 36.36%
  • They will Fight.

    2 18.18%
  • They will Surrender

    1 9.09%
  • The 3rd Elder will slip away and leave The Lady Werewolf.

    2 18.18%
  • The Lady Werewolf will suddenly point to the 3rd Elder and yell " It was all his idea!".

    1 9.09%
  • Other (Please post)

    1 9.09%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Noblesse 320 Review

  1. #1
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,085
    Post Thanks / Like

    Noblesse 320 Review

    The poll last week was on what everyone thought of Kentas' newfound manliness. And the overall reaction was positive. With the vast majority liking him at least a little and nobody disliking him. The more characters in a series we like reading about the better, so that's a definite win.

    Now onto the review!


    Chapter Summary

    That look makes me tingle in all the right places.


    This week begins with Karias still locked in battle with the Lady Werewolf and the 3rd Elder and struggling to create enough distance to use his bow. So he changes tactics and wields it like a bladed staff, proving that he's not weak at close range after all. He manages to create enough of an opening to nail the 5th Elder with an arrow that sense her flying. But before he can land a hit on the 3rd, who is still firing off his odd eye targeted ranged attacks, she's back in the fight.

    After some more exchanges Karias' luck finally runs out when the 3rd hits him with an attack from the front which creates a blinding cloud of smoke which prevents him from seeing the Lady Werewolf coming from behind in time to dodge a deep stab in his back. Then sends him plummeting to the ground which she follows it up with a howl and massive spiral blast attack from above.

    When the smoke clears they don't see what they are expecting but instead find themselves looking at a new person who stepped into the battle and when a stunned Karias addresses her as "Lord" they come to the shocked realization that they are faced with Raskeria "The Lord of Lukedonia"; and she looks pissed.


    Chapter Review

    No! I won't be lured into promoting a Karias/Lady Werewolf pairing. Probably...


    Substance

    Noblesse pitched us quite a curve ball this week. We all probably expected somebody would save Karias but I don't think anybody could have predicted it would be the Raskeira in person.

    Now she's obviously...kind of a big deal. She's probably the one individual that can make a real difference on the problems that Raizel is usually the only solution to (Muzaka and pretty much everybody else stronger than Franky). I love the way her appearance shakes up the plot and I'm genuinely excited that we are finally going to get the chance to going get to know this pivotal character that before now we've known so little about.

    As for Karias and his fight. He turned out to be amazingly strong. Despite what was essentially a defeat he showed he was able to fight evenly with the Lady Werewolf close up and had a clear advantage at range. This probably puts him slightly below or even with Franky in terms of fighting ability; which is much higher than I expected.

    Presentation

    The artwork this week was great! It had everything. Lots of detail. All the little polish elements that really add to the impact of chapters like this one. The combat looked better than it has in quite a while and those big well drawn panels probably doubled the impact of Raskeira's appearance. She never said a word and, thanks to the artwork, she didn't need to.

    Pacing was your typical fight pacing, slow due to how many panels fights consume, but in this case it worked perfectly because you could see the fight progressing. It moved from one thing, to a different thing, to the climax. The chapter was quick and relatively short but the quality and impact of the end delivered a satisfying experience.

    Overall Rating

    A great chapter. Bringing us an excellent conclusion to Karias' battle and, through the surprise appearance of Raskeira, gave us good reason to be excited about what's to come.

    I give it a 5 out of 5



    Predictions Section



    New Prediction
    • Raskeria didn't come to South Korea alone.

    Old Predictions: (31 Wins/ 40 Losses)

    No changes.

    Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

  2. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse 320 Review

    5th won't die now so she might either escape or Raskreia might allow her to escape after some good beating. 3rd Elder feels like a guy who would keep a backup for such situations so I think he won't die as well.

    I hope she came alone as I don't want anyone to interfere in Kentas v/s Trio. Trio neefds to save themselves once in a while.


    Noblesse Forever!

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Storm's End
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    948
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse 320 Review

    I found it strange that a sensory type like Karias made the comment that he can't see anything whereas he was bragging infront of M-21 and co that he can sense enemy's miles away. So why didn't he sense the 5th so near behind him?

    The elders are in the worst position. I mean not only is the Lord in Korea there and she doesn't look really pleased but Muzaka will most likely also make an appearance and we all know everyone who is linked to the humans is a target for him. So at the time Kentas and the 5th are also a preay for Muzaka. But what I find strange is that the 5th came to Korea to meet Muzaka or find him and the 3rd joined cause he wanted to help the 5th handle Muzaka. But if the 5th and the 3rd are capable of handling Muzaka and why are both shitting their pants when the Noble Lord appeared?

  6. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse 320 Review

    ^ 3rd and 5th didn't came to capture Muzaka or something like that... they came to investigate his moments only from far away. Also, Karias was attacked with multiple blasts at close range so that might have affected his sensing ability.


    Noblesse Forever!

  7. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Storm's End
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    948
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse 320 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    ^ 3rd and 5th didn't came to capture Muzaka or something like that... they came to investigate his moments only from far away. Also, Karias was attacked with multiple blasts at close range so that might have affected his sensing ability.
    I don't know how you unserstood this sentence of the 3rd:
    "And it is highly possible that Muzaka may make his way here. I was too concerned for your safety to send you alone 5th elder."

    Doesn't that sentence say that the 3rd came to make sure that Muzaka won't kill the 5th if they meet?????

  8. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse 320 Review

    5th Elder said that they didn't came to S.Korea for battle or anything... 3rd Elder used protecting her as an excuse to spy on her.


    Noblesse Forever!

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Storm's End
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    948
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse 320 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    5th Elder said that they didn't came to S.Korea for battle or anything... 3rd Elder used protecting her as an excuse to spy on her.
    I know that. Butthe 5th ran away when Muzaka first appeared and Kentas made it clear that Muzaka wouldn't hesitate to even kill them. So if the 5th say she didn't come for a battle how can she be so sure? I mean it doesn't look like Muzaka will look on them kindly especially that his own kind joined forces with the ones who took away his (insert name here).

  11. #8
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,085
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse 320 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    I found it strange that a sensory type like Karias made the comment that he can't see anything whereas he was bragging infront of M-21 and co that he can sense enemy's miles away. So why didn't he sense the 5th so near behind him?
    Doesn't matter how great you vision is if your blindfolded. The same thing applies to getting blinded by smoke, I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    I know that. Butthe 5th ran away when Muzaka first appeared and Kentas made it clear that Muzaka wouldn't hesitate to even kill them. So if the 5th say she didn't come for a battle how can she be so sure? I mean it doesn't look like Muzaka will look on them kindly especially that his own kind joined forces with the ones who took away his (insert name here).
    I think it might be more complicated than that. Kentas had to practically drag the 5th Elder away from Muzaka the first time. And it was Kentas who considered him a threat. She seemed almost glad to see him and spoke his name with respect. So I think there might be two very different views of Muzaka among the werewolves.

    In this situation, though I think one of the reasons they're orders were to investigate where Muzaka is, rather than trying to kill him, is because they have absolutely no chance of successfully doing that and they all know it. So this began as a purely scouting mission...until the 3rd Elder invited himself; and started this trouble with Karias. And I doubt he thinks he stands any more of a chance against Muzaka than the Lady Werewolf his protecting her from him was almost certainly just a pretext to figure out what the Werewolves are up to.

    Not that any of that matters too much because now that they face Raskeria they are pretty much as screwed as they could possibly be. I don't think there is any way they can win this or escape unless Raskeria decides to let them go.
    Last edited by Jammin; May 06, 2014 at 10:35 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

  12. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Storm's End
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    948
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse 320 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Doesn't matter how great you vision is if your blindfolded. The same thing applies to getting blinded by smoke, I think.

    I think it might be more complicated than that. Kentas had to practically drag the 5th Elder away from Muzaka the first time. And it was Kentas who considered him a threat. She seemed almost glad to see him and spoke his name with respect. So I think there might be two very different views of Muzaka among the werewolves.

    In this situation, though I think one of the reasons they're orders were to investigate where Muzaka is, rather than trying to kill him, is because they have absolutely no chance of successfully doing that and they all know it. So this began as a purely scouting mission...until the 3rd Elder invited himself; and started this trouble with Karias. And I doubt he thinks he stands any more of a chance against Muzaka than the Lady Werewolf his protecting her from him was almost certainly just a pretext to figure out what the Werewolves are up to.

    Not that any of that matters too much because now that they face Raskeria they are pretty much as screwed as they could possibly be. I don't think there is any way they can win this or escape unless Raskeria decides to let them go.
    Agree on this. I doubt Raskeria will be as kind as Rai with the werewolves. Rai pitied the 5th cause she belongs to Muzakas kind but I doubt that Raskeria will do the same thing.

  13. #10
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,085
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse 320 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    Agree on this. I doubt Raskeria will be as kind as Rai with the werewolves. Rai pitied the 5th cause she belongs to Muzakas kind but I doubt that Raskeria will do the same thing.
    Totally agree. If they fight I think they are going to both die.

    Which is why I think the 3rd Elder will use the Lady Werewolf as a distraction and escape by himself and then she'll surrender. Or they'll both surrender.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #11
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Storm's End
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    948
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse 320 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Totally agree. If they fight I think they are going to both die.

    Which is why I think the 3rd Elder will use the Lady Werewolf as a distraction and escape by himself and then she'll surrender. Or they'll both surrender.
    Even if Raskeria let her live the question is what will Muzaka do? I mean as far as I know Muzaka will try to attack the humans in South Korea and we might see a Raskeria vs Muzaka show off.
    Seeing that there is a hole tribe of WW's I think we are redy for a few WW casualaties. It's either going to be the 5th or Kentas. One of them will bite the dust.

    I still don't understand why Muzaka will show up in Korea, at the place Rai is staying when he surely knows that Rai won't let him act as he wants.

  16. #12
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,085
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse 320 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    Even if Raskeria let her live the question is what will Muzaka do? I mean as far as I know Muzaka will try to attack the humans in South Korea and we might see a Raskeria vs Muzaka show off.
    Seeing that there is a hole tribe of WW's I think we are redy for a few WW casualaties. It's either going to be the 5th or Kentas. One of them will bite the dust.

    I still don't understand why Muzaka will show up in Korea, at the place Rai is staying when he surely knows that Rai won't let him act as he wants.
    I don't quite get the reasoning there. Yeah, Muzaka wants humans dead. And everybody who gets in is way is probably going to be in for some trouble but we've never seen him be hostile toward anybody but humans. Why would he want to kill any Werewolves right now?

    Even if they were close friends with humans, which they don't seem to be, I don't see why he should care about it. It's not like he expects every one else to want humans dead. Probably just those that get in his way. And I can't imagine Kentas or the Lady Werewolf are eager to do that.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

  17. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Storm's End
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    948
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse 320 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I don't quite get the reasoning there. Yeah, Muzaka wants humans dead. And everybody who gets in is way is probably going to be in for some trouble but we've never seen him be hostile toward anybody but humans. Why would he want to kill any Werewolves right now?

    Even if they were close friends with humans, which they don't seem to be, I don't see why he should care about it. It's not like he expects every one else to want humans dead. Probably just those that get in his way. And I can't imagine Kentas or the Lady Werewolf are eager to do that.
    Let's see who was really responsible for the death of Muzaka's person X? It was the Union. Who is siding with the Union? The Werewolves. What did we learn traitors get punished in the Noblesse world? By death penalty. (See Gejutels case).

    Do you really think that Muzaka wouldn't see it as a betrayel, that his kind sided with the ones respnisible for his loss. I mean he still thinks he is at the time he fought Raizel for the first time. So he doesn't know that nearly 1000 years passed and that there is a new lord. He still thinks he is the lord.

    It's not a question if they are close with humans or not. The question is rather which humans the befriended.

  18. #14
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,085
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse 320 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    Let's see who was really responsible for the death of Muzaka's person X? It was the Union. Who is siding with the Union? The Werewolves. What did we learn traitors get punished in the Noblesse world? By death penalty. (See Gejutels case).

    Do you really think that Muzaka wouldn't see it as a betrayel, that his kind sided with the ones respnisible for his loss. I mean he still thinks he is at the time he fought Raizel for the first time. So he doesn't know that nearly 1000 years passed and that there is a new lord. He still thinks he is the lord.

    It's not a question if they are close with humans or not. The question is rather which humans the befriended.
    We don't actually know who was responsible for whatever happened to Muzaka. Right now Union and the the Werewolf Lord is a safe bet; but we don't actually know that. What we do know is that he thinks humans are responsible. Not the Union specifically, but humans in general.

    And yeah I don't think he'd see anybody not hating humans the way he does as a betrayal. He didn't seem to with Raizel. Muzaka only fought him because Raizel wouldn't stand aside. So I don't expect him to act differently for Werewolves.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

  19. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Storm's End
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    948
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Noblesse 320 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    We don't actually know who was responsible for whatever happened to Muzaka. Right now Union and the the Werewolf Lord is a safe bet; but we don't actually know that. What we do know is that he thinks humans are responsible. Not the Union specifically, but humans in general.

    And yeah I don't think he'd see anybody not hating humans the way he does as a betrayal. He didn't seem to with Raizel. Muzaka only fought him because Raizel wouldn't stand aside. So I don't expect him to act differently for Werewolves.
    Actually we do know who were responsible for it. It were the 6 traitors and the Union elders. Rai said that Zarga, Urokai and co were at the root of it all.
    I never said anything about not hating humans. I said working with humans. Joining forces with humans. This is what the werewolves are doing. They still hat humans but are working with them and that is what will offend Muzaka.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts