Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: raki and prisclla

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

raki and prisclla

Will teresa defeat prisclla or will raki save prisclla?.Raki could have kill have killed prisclla by cutting her neck of with a sword but he didnt do that.Who knows?He might want to save her.What are your guys thoughts upon this?. Most likely teresa might defeat prisclla to the point where she want be able to do anything and then raki might save her.Raki also talks about a promise in a certain manga chapter.Personally i would love raki save prisclla.

In the meantime enjoy this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqbx8if4F3M
    Last edited by fernandezali; May 06, 2014 at 08:22 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: raki and prisclla

No, Raki was trained by Isley to kill priscilla, I think that is the promise you are referring to. Raki promised Isley that he would kill priscilla if she ever went berserk again (and he knew she would). Raki is an adult now so he knows that priscilla is an uncontrollable monster. She is also Clare's arch enemy and I don't think Raki would cross Clare just to save one monster.
    Last edited by Claymore1; May 06, 2014 at 09:19 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL tell that to the anime version of Raki, because it's exactly what he did.

More seriously, I don't think Yagi intends for Priscilla to be redeemed, no matter how much I'd like it. Priscilla used to be one of the most complex characters in Claymore, since every time we saw her, a new 'layer' was introduced : we had the idealistic warrior, the amnesiac child-like AB, the sister-figure, the aloof monster, the blood knight... and now it has settled on the evil, sadistic, insane monster. I honeslty don't like it, because it's like Yagi went with all that trouble to build Priscilla, taking the time to explain the traumatic event of her past, and then threw it all out the window just so Teresa could kill her without remorse.

Mind you, before Raki confronted her, I had toyed with the idea that Priscilla would defeat the Ghosts and kill the remaining ABs, only to give the black card from her regenerated claymore to Raki so she'd die at the hands of a friend, much like warriors when they refuse to turn into monsters. Yeah, canon shot that out, but it would have been more true to Priscilla IMO.
    When you've reached the bottom, you can always dig yourself deeper - just use a shovel.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner clarakiss's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think prissy will surprisingly redeem herself before succumbing to her wounds and die in raki's arms at the end. he's probably the only person that knows that there's still good in her. i don't see raki abandoning her too easily cuz he wanted to help her.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't think Pricilla's dump of Raki at the time of the destroyer hellcat spray was quite final enough. I can't help but think that there has to be bonds of a multi year relationship that lie un-severed in that mix. The previous Raki Pricilla relationship seemed deeper & less fragile that that.

Raki would choose claire over pricilla in a battle to the death, thats fine, but I thought that the sword of raki chronos described would be less literal. Pricilla emerged from the yoki wad & avoided raki, taking her battle to the onlooking AB's who certainly didn't expect that. This is a clear & intentional plot point yogi inserted. It indicates that Pricialla has some value for Raki, whether that be a respect for the time they spent or something more sentimental is irrelevant. They don't need to have love between them, just some faint variation of a casual relationship.

I don't believe that Isley was really teaching Raki to kill pricilla, so mach as adding some libertine spice to the family they had for so many years. More like sadistic play. It kind of bugs me that Isleys cut scene training Raki was so prophetic, as if Isley foresaw the exact battle that was unfolding. But to rationalize it, I would say that Isley was just setting Raki up to play sadisticly with Pricilla when the time came for Pricilla to lash out. & Killing time. After all unless these exact circumstances were more or less present, Raki was just food anyway.

At any rate, I myself think this line of thought, the Raki & Pricilla relationship, is yet another reason why I'm not fully expecting Pricilla to die. Pricilla is now wounded & disoriented, desperate & out of control. This is an opportunity for Yagi to expose Pricilla's animal nature since she is not "safe" & in control of her battle. She isn't playing anymore, she is trying to survive & resorting to incomplete assimilations to do so. This is a chance for Yagi to level up Pricilla, or get her to a vulnerable state for a heart to heart discourse.

New Reply