Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Emporio Ivankov the same strength as an admiral?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Emporio Ivankov the same strength as an admiral?

Iva is between admiral and vice-admiral, or on par with the best vice-admirals in the navy, conservatively-speaking. Since, some vice-admirals are stronger than others.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just think it's really strange how even though she basically didn't take the whole war seriously, she still left unharmed. I think if she had a greater purpose during the war she would've shown more of her strength... I'm sure there are more to her than just her winks.

But then how strong is Sabo then? Since he seems to be higher ranked than Inva

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amidaru312 View Post
    I just think it's really strange how even though she basically didn't take the whole war seriously, she still left unharmed. I think if she had a greater purpose during the war she would've shown more of her strength... I'm sure there are more to her than just her winks.

Iva got owned by Admiral Akainu and almost killed Impel down Warden Magellan--which probably illustrates the scope of Iva's strength. I see Iva on the same level as Jimbei.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Iva wasn't unharmed, he was knocked out by Akainu with ease. It's just his healing powers that made him appaer unharmed after the war.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO sabo should to begin with be as strong as ace would be if he was alive this day. He was as strong as him back when they were kids after all and to be fair he seems to have had more formal training than ace and went at it since a lot younger considering he was with the revolutionaries from an early age. And then on top of that he got the fire fruit. Based on his performance at the fight I would argue he was a decent bit stronger than anyone in the ring at least.... Being the second in command of the RA I wouldn't find it the least bit strange that even before his fruit he was a proper match for an admiral. He should be well stronger than ivankov too.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Id rank Ivankov on VA level (but the stronger ones) and Sabo somewhere in between VA and Admiral. But we haven't really seen him fight completely seriously & he has still trouble using his new fruit. I just dont see Sabo fight any of the Admirals on equal ground atm, even though we have seen he has an impressive haki control.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm leaning towards doubt, but seeing as haki is now a thing, I'm thinking a lot of characters that didn't display haki pre-time skip, are going to show a new level of power to allow them to compete with the upper echelon of fighters, Iva included. So yeah, before the time skip, I'd say yeah, she would be weaker than an admiral. But now, I'd wait and see.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Iva is probably little above vice-admiral. She has a lot of tricks but that wouldnt help with admiral .

And one other thing we didnt see her using haki. Maybe with using haki she would be even closer to admiral level.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

He could clash with a admiral, but likely not win. More like a warlord or viceadmiral in terms of strength.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by milek View Post
    Iva is probably little above vice-admiral. She has a lot of tricks but that wouldnt help with admiral .

And one other thing we didnt see her using haki. Maybe with using haki she would be even closer to admiral level.
    There isn't one "vize-admiral level". I'm pretty sure that Maynard would get crushed by Vergo within seconds. I think Ivankov would fit well into the vize-admiral strength category. Weaker than admirals, stronger than weak Vize admirals. Somewhere inbetween. Would probably not have an easy fight against Vergo or Onigumo.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the general consensus here that Ivankov sits in between the ranks of Admiral and Vice-Admiral in terms of strength.
    Which I'd say is a really flattering place to sit in terms of strength.

I'd say all the Supernova fit in between here, almost all of the Warlords (No Buggy no Moriah)
    The Top WB Commanders fit here too.
    Simply because we have weaker VA's like Smoker or even Maynard, then we have VA's that come off as people who must be strong like Onigumo/Momonga/Dalmatian and Vergo was actually pretty strong too.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Iva got beat by Magellan.
    17 year old Luffy beat Magellan.
    Luffy got handed by the admirals.
    How can Iva be on Admiral level at all? At best he's at VA level, why make him overpower when theirs more important revolutionaries still not showcase? (Except Sabo & Dragon)
    To LIVE is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. - Kofi Annan

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamarTheDem View Post
    Iva got beat by Magellan.
    17 year old Luffy beat Magellan.
    Luffy got handed by the admirals.
    How can Iva be on Admiral level at all? At best he's at VA level, why make him overpower when theirs more important revolutionaries still not showcase? (Except Sabo & Dragon)
    When did Luffy beat Magellan? From my memory, Magellan took on everyone, and they barely escaped. He took on the escaped prisoners that included two former Shichibukai, Ivankov, and Luffy, mixed in with a few other competent characters and they barely survived. It wasn't until later that he was seen seriously injured, and how it came to be remains unknown, although it might've been the escaped Level 6 prisoners alongside Shiliew.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    When did Luffy beat Magellan? From my memory, Magellan took on everyone, and they barely escaped. He took on the escaped prisoners that included two former Shichibukai, Ivankov, and Luffy, mixed in with a few other competent characters and they barely survived. It wasn't until later that he was seen seriously injured, and how it came to be remains unknown, although it might've been the escaped Level 6 prisoners alongside Shiliew.
    Considering Shiliew had access to antidotes to Magellan's power this is the most likely scenario.
    He likely handed antidotes to the prisoners of Level 6 that killed enough ppl to be freed from their cells.

It is far from accurate to say "17 yr old Luffy beat Magellan". Magellan had a marathon of opponents at the minimum-VA level and above.

I think Ivankov being somewhere in the fairly wide VA bracket is a fair statement.
    Since let's face it, people like Marco are going to probably kick Iva's ass.

Was it made clear who was stronger out of Bartholomew Kuma and Ivankov btw?

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I think Ivankov being somewhere in the fairly wide VA bracket is a fair statement.
    Since let's face it, people like Marco are going to probably kick Iva's ass.

Was it made clear who was stronger out of Bartholomew Kuma and Ivankov btw?
    I think that's the general sentiment about Iva's ability. As for Kuma & Iva, that wasn't sorted out. After Iva decides to get serious, we only see a bit of their battle, and the next we see is Iva talking to Jinbei. I'm expecting those two to meet up in sometime later, maybe get a chance to finish things off.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast